2023 Festival

TheWaters

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup, although it was just a DJ set wasnt it?

Fever333 were meant to do it in 2020, theres been a few over the years, nothing as big as Broco but given their secret sets fit fine, up agains Eilish wouldn’t be a problem numberswise, it’s just if the band would take that as a precedent for their size…

Nope, they did 2 live sets in 2019. The Sound System thing was in 2013 (I think?) and that was it that year.

33 minutes ago, foolee said:

Don Broco vs Billie wouldn’t be out of the question. They need a big act to compete with her otherwise there will be about 1 person in the tent. 

Lol AM had Wilkinson and Krept & Konan opposite them. It was very much a "we give up, everyone will be at main any way" 

Same for Billie 

15 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Lol AM had Wilkinson and Krept & Konan opposite them. It was very much a "we give up, everyone will be at main any way" 

Same for Billie 

Yeah, hence actually trying to offer something, anything….

did anyone go to them? Would be interesting to know how busy it was

We just left for the night

Edited by Benj

2 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Do they usually do the second announcement on the radio or am I being too optimistic that it means some big ish acts will be announced?

Don't believe so, if they have done in recent years, I certainly can't remember them doing the 2nd announcement on R1.

3 minutes ago, Fusionrrr said:

Realistically, is anyone gonna be added to the main stage?

Main's got plenty of slots to fill, but all the lower down ones. 

Still, lower down main last year had Denzel Curry, Poppy, Frank Carter etc. so potential for something good tomorrow

8 minutes ago, stanh said:

Don't believe so, if they have done in recent years, I certainly can't remember them doing the 2nd announcement on R1.

In that case it has potential but it smacks of your usual R1-friendly acts. Yungblud, Mimi Webb, generic UK rapper, generic UK pop, The Hunna etc etc

1 minute ago, andyrhodes24 said:

In that case it has potential but it smacks of your usual R1-friendly acts. Yungblud, Mimi Webb, generic UK rapper, generic UK pop, The Hunna etc etc

Yeah facts. Even though I think it's all but confirmed Fred Again is at Connect that weekend, and the most recent info had only had him tipped for Connect, Parklife, Glastonbury and some London shows, he would make a pretty strong special guest and help shift some tickets, plus is popular with the Radio 1 audience. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Same for Billie 

loads of people were complaining about the wilkinson clash - and a comment above said it was rammed^