2023 Festival

TheWaters

5 hours ago, FeverDream said:

That’s exactly it. People will always look back on lineups and say how incredible they are but it’s often misrepresented given that the acts that are huge now weren’t huge back then and likely played to a small crowd of diehard fans as most who wouldn’t have had a clue who they were.

With 30% less acts, its unlikely to be quite the same.  With no R1 tent in 2019, does Billie Eilish get booked? Does Dave get a slot?  Instead we have MTS and Catfish 'headlining'

17 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Blur’s dates are extending into August. Get them booked you cowards!

One of a few acts that would make me instantly buy a day ticket like Rage did. Their Glastonbury 2009 set is still one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed.

Unfortunately like The Stone Roses, the festival has had a few chances to book them and not taken it, which makes me think they're just not interested in having them play.

7 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Him under Green Day would work well. Although I personally don’t think he’s at that level (think I’m just in denial!) it would look better on paper than him subbing say Foals on MSW as similar genres bunched together typically work well and look stronger.

Like I said earlier I think since the two main stage set up has made way for fairly weaker sets of MSE subs, and that the MSW headliners would have been subs any year prior to 2021. It's a slot that has gone from the likes of The Prodigy, QOTSA, System Of A Down, Nine Inch Nails, Pulp, et al to Polo G and Two Door Cinema Club.

Yungblud is garbage and yet more proof that Gen Z largely have awful taste in music, but he's certainly big enough to sub MSE now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I don't know if you just want to be contrarian, or have missed the point.

- In 2018 that lineup was fucking hated.

- Just 4 years later, that lineup looks to have huge names.

- In another 10 years, all of those acts named will he legendary multiple times headliners with huge portfolios.

- People will look back and say "Holy shit they had all of these, that was a stacked line up.

Ultimately, it wasn't a stacked line up when it was announced. We go to watch the best music of now, not to tell our children that we saw their favourite artist before anybody knew their name.

was decent at the time, the best they'd done for ages.

5 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

King's of Leon // Courteeners

Coldplay // KSI

Imagine Dragons // Tom Grennan

Yungblud, Central Cee, Nothing But Thieves, Don Broco, Aitch, Playboi Carti, Becky Hill in the undercard

Kings of Leon and Imagine Dragons in the same year is so R&L. Would be stuff of nightmares!

19 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Coldplay // KSI

Yungblud, Central Cee, Nothing But Thieves, Don Broco, Aitch, Playboi Carti, Becky Hill in the undercard

What is this meant to be 😂 Kings of Leon MSE, Imagine Dragons MSE, Tom Grennan on MSW and only fucking Coldplay!

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Coldplay // KSI

I do not believe those headliners for a second. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, VCK said:

Coldplay would unironically go down well with the R&L crowd. I'm surprised the festival have seemingly never tried to book them to headline.

Well such is the demographic shift in the last 10-20 years. Once upon a time they'd probably be booed to high heaven for even thinking of turning up here, now I think they'd probably go down well than some supposedly classic Reading headline acts.