2023 Festival

TheWaters

20 minutes ago, Will b said:

Im not an expert on these things but if they had to get 1 MSE sized rap(ish) act to play like the last few years then who’d be cheapest out of acts like Kendrick / j cole / weekend / travis Scott / asap / childish gambino etc etc

Kendrick / Weeknd > Childish / Travis > J Cole > ASAP i think price wise

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Will b said:

Im not an expert on these things but if they had to get 1 MSE sized rap(ish) act to play like the last few years then who’d be cheapest out of acts like Kendrick / j cole / weekend / travis Scott / asap / childish gambino etc etc

Of those? J Cole or ASAP since Gambino is temporarily retired. 

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

Could 100% do MSW. Just look at where other boardies headliners have played at reading e.g. disclosure

Yeah but boardies headliners aren’t just a “one size lot” - u can’t argue that jorja smith would headline at all- let alone the mse but kings of Leon and gorillaz could do 

1 hour ago, Will b said:

Yeah but boardies headliners aren’t just a “one size lot” - u can’t argue that jorja smith would headline at all- let alone the mse but kings of Leon and gorillaz could do 

Sure but George Ezra is far from impossible to do MSW. People are predicting Fender to do MSW when he sold out finsbury and ezra couldn't. None of Ezra's festival slots warrant him doing MSE only

George Ezra:

15 singles: 21 x Platinum (UK), 58 x Platinum (worldwide)

2 albums: 9 x Platinum (UK), 14 x Platinum (worldwide)

14.250m monthly Spotify listeners

Sam Fender:

21 singles: 2 x Platinum (UK) total

2 albums: 1 x Platinum (UK) total

4.300m monthly Spotify listeners

George Ezra is infinitely the bigger, and more accomplished music artist.

If he were to play, he would unquestionably be MSE whereas Fender would be the toss up.

Frankly, his music doesn't fit the festival and he wouldn't be booked.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

George Ezra:

Sam Fender:

If he were to play, he would unquestionably be MSE whereas Fender would be the toss up.

Where's george ezras 2 sold out stadium shows? 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, R Shah said:

Amended it a bit, (arguably) cheaper undercard maybe compensates for the price of Kendrick etc. 

However they did manage to afford AM, Dave and RATM in the same year - tho I appreciate Kendrick is probs a different level.

Friday

Kendrick Lamar / Loyle Carner / Rina Sawayama

Doja Cat / Becky Hill / Nothing But Thieves

Saturday

Dua Lipa / Playboy Carti / Self Esteem

Kasabian / The Vaccines / IDLES

Sunday

Blink-182 / Yungblud / Wet Leg

Royal Blood / Architects / Sea Girls

Kasabian aren't booked

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

George Ezra:

Sam Fender:

Sam Fender is far newer so hasn't had the time to rack up stats and is less global

Sam Fender has outsold George Ezra fair and square at Finsbury Park (and sold it out way in advance too)

Weirder bookings have happened, far far from impossible

47 minutes ago, gfa said:

Sam Fender is far newer so hasn't had the time to rack up stats and is less global

Sam Fender has outsold George Ezra fair and square at Finsbury Park (and sold it out way in advance too)

Didn't tell out way in advance.

31 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Didn't tell out way in advance.

Good few months

48 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

George Ezra is music for people who buy their albums from fucking Tesco. 

Never said he wasn't

If he's headlined Boardmasters he's 100% been/being considered for Reading

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Good few months

I looked earlier in the year when comparing him to Tanpe Implala. It was a couple of months or so

actually looked again was reported sold out on May 22nd for a July 15th date

Edited by Benj

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

I looked earlier in the year when comparing him to Tanpe Implala. It was a couple of months or so

actually looked again was reported sold out on May 22nd for a July 15th date

Ah my bad then, still better than george ezra regardless which was more the point i was making

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Sam Fender and George Ezra have both been around the same time.

You should read my last sentence. I repeat-

George Ezra doesn't fit the festival.

He is an artist for mother's to put on while they spring clean. This generations Ronan Keating.

Edited by Chad888

Stormzy has a new album out next month, lead single yesterday is quite good. Could we see him back for 2024?

Although interestingly it's not performing as well as his previous music, it's only at #12 on Spotify today so it could quite easily miss the Top 10. Comparing it to his last lead single, Vossi Bop, which went straight to number 1 with huge numbers - it's a big drop off.

19 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Sam Fender and George Ezra have both been around the same time.

You should read my last sentence. I repeat-

George Ezra doesn't fit the festival.

He is an artist for mother's to put on while they spring clean. This generations Ronan Keating.

😂 biggest load of shit i've ever read, nice trolling mate

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Stormzy has a new album out next month, lead single yesterday is quite good. Could we see him back for 2024?

Although interestingly it's not performing as well as his previous music, it's only at #12 on Spotify today so it could quite easily miss the Top 10. Comparing it to his last lead single, Vossi Bop, which went straight to number 1 with huge numbers - it's a big drop off.

He released a another single before, don't think it's on the album. It did quite well on socials but maybe because the video was insane full of cameos

1 hour ago, gfa said:

😂 biggest load of shit i've ever read, nice trolling mate

Ezras career being 3 years longer is apple's and oranges in the context of 9 years and 6 years since their first major release.

In terms of creating and putting out music, both started in 2013. Ezra went straight to the top, and stayed there. Fender just middles around a bit. I get it though, your a kid and he appeals to your demographic.

47 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

He released a another single before, don't think it's on the album. It did quite well on socials but maybe because the video was insane full of cameos

I find Stormzy a wierd one. He's absolutely at the top of the game in the UK, yet bizarrely he doesn't have that dedicated fan base that other rappers have with the accompanying buzz. 

So unless the radio amplifies his new releases and gives him wall to wall airplay, people don't really catch on with his latest releases in the way fans count the days down for the latest Post Malone, Dave or Cardi B albums.

He's the biggest in the UK but he's nobodies top rapper because his music is all to encompassing for a broad range of music lovers.

47 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Ezras career being 3 years longer is apple's and oranges in the context of 9 years and 6 years since their first major release.

In terms of creating and putting out music, both started in 2013. Ezra went straight to the top, and stayed there. Fender just middles around a bit. I get it though, your a kid and he appeals to your demographic.

Fender's debut album was 5 years later than ezra's. I'm well aware of that fender has been about for a lot longer than 3 years and commented knowing that. Its all well and good releasing music but nobody is going to get big until they release an album really anyway.

Good to see you agree he fits at R&L then 😂