Download 2023

8 hours ago, callum97 said:

He’s doing Hellfest and Rock AM Ring so I really don’t think it’s out of the question, it’s whether or not he’ll accept the spot he’d be given 

Yeah exactly that’s why I think he’s more likely for R&L cause they’ll probably offer him a MSW headline slot. Future Download headliner maybe? (Can’t believe I’m saying that!).

Edited by FeverDream

5 hours ago, callum97 said:

I agree! He would get an hour in that spot at Download so I’m half convinced he’s been booked - especially as he’s playing Hellfest! I think it would be a great booking for Download 

Remember the things with Euro fests is they are much different and more crossed genre.

In the UK, Reading was very much that festival that would have a band playing higher at Download lower at Reading because they don't fit it as much and playing lower benefits the band too to get more fans interested before their must sees higher acts.

Download book bands that fit what they want and give them slots they believe, that is not going to include giving an arena act a 3rd down spot. Reading 2024 is much more likely.

I think we will see a bit of a shift in Reading top bands next year too. I honestly can see them booking is a bit different.

You've got Paramore, MGK, Blink 182 that are all going to be into a next phase of touring and unless Download book Blink I only see them playing one place.

Edited by thewayiam

23 hours ago, Swansea93 said:

He’s subbing Sum 41 on the 2nd stage at Hellfest, I could see him accepting a 3rd down hour slot at Download to be honest, he’s played Download before as well in 2017 when he had 0 pop punk behind him 3rd down on the 2nd stage, love him or hate him he’ll put on hell of a show.

He's waaaaaay less popular in France. 1 date on the last tour as opposed to 4 here. 

He's a Download sub or nothing, no contest. 

7 hours ago, beetchez said:

How likely are the rumoured positions? Eg. Ghost headlining second stage on Sunday?

That came from one of the official forum leakers who's been on the money, but he also said that stuff is subject to change which is of course why there's no announced splits yet. 

Architects self confirmed subbing BMTH I think.

On 12/30/2022 at 1:59 PM, thewayiam said:

It would be a surprise if Pendulum, Evanescence, Placebo and Ghost were not second stage headliners. The only one I'd see different is if Within Temptation were instead of Evanescence. 

I think Pendulum may be second sub or main 3rd. As we potentially have Lamb Of God, Halestorm, Gojira and Alter Bridge all to come. All could headline 2nd.

58 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I think Pendulum may be second sub or main 3rd. As we potentially have Lamb Of God, Halestorm, Gojira and Alter Bridge all to come. All could headline 2nd.

AB are main subs if they're playing, 100%. I was dreaming about Pendulum into Prodigy on 2nd but Pendulum are more than likely 2nd heads playing 8-9pm, they'll be the alternative favourite of the weekend. "secret" set at Leeds was rammed with 30somethings and it was the highlight of the day. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

AB are main subs if they're playing, 100%. I was dreaming about Pendulum into Prodigy on 2nd but Pendulum are more than likely 2nd heads playing 8-9pm, they'll be the alternative favourite of the weekend. "secret" set at Leeds was rammed with 30somethings and it was the highlight of the day. 

We'll see. 

10 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Not a chance Pedulum doing 3rd on main, it's way too light for them. If Placebo can headline second then so can Pendulum. Placebo only did an arena tour recently as it was a 20 years tour, their usual is an academy tour maybe with a little lager London date as you can sell it there. 

14 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Not a chance Pedulum doing 3rd on main, it's way too light for them. If Placebo can headline second then so can Pendulum. Placebo only did an arena tour recently as it was a 20 years tour, their usual is an academy tour maybe with a little lager London date as you can sell it there. 

Pendulum are a difficult one to place because it’s been so long since they actually toured so it’s a guessing game what the demand is.

However, in a year where Alter Bridge, Ghost, Parkway, Evanescence, FFDP, Pantera, Prodigy, Nightwish, Limp Bizkit, Incubus, Tenacious D, QOTSA, MGK etc are all on the festival circuit Pendulum being booked as 3rd down doesn’t seem impossible 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, King101 said:

Pendulum are a difficult one to place because it’s been so long since they actually toured so it’s a guessing game what the demand is.

However, in a year where Alter Bridge, Ghost, Parkway, Evanescence, FFDP, Pantera, Prodigy, Nightwish, Limp Bizkit, Incubus, Tenacious D, QOTSA, MGK etc are all on the festival circuit Pendulum being booked as 3rd down doesn’t seem impossible 

I'm going with the idea that Thursday is an extra day and thus may not be a completely full day so can get away with it. 

If it hasn't been confirmed for clashes I'd be surprised if they clash with Metallica for that set. 

54 minutes ago, King101 said:

Yes you get it 🙂

13 hours ago, beetchez said:

BMTH and Slipknot have a lot of crossover fans so it'd be stupid to have them clash.

I imagine Metallica and Pendulum do too, but you're right, better to put them on there than the others.

If the dark really is a factor then they're gonna have to properly clash them given sunset time. Maybe a full on Pendulum Metallica clash on the (presumably shorter) Thursday and then the rest of the weekend is clashless on 1st/2nd heads a la 2022

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Pendulum don’t need the darkness. 

Definitely don't need, but it would be better. When they last played in 2011 they went on later than the other 2nd stage heads and I think that was definitely for that reason. 

20 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Definitely don't need, but it would be better. When they last played in 2011 they went on later than the other 2nd stage heads and I think that was definitely for that reason. 

I suspect they played 3rd down in 2009 and felt like their show was missing something. It's a much better show in a dark environment. I enjoyed their Glastonbury sub set but I agree had they been closing out Other it would have been better. I have a feeling that Glastonbury will have them back for JP headliner this year.

On 12/21/2022 at 2:18 PM, justanothername said:

Rise Against headlining? Are they really that big in Europe?

From what I understood Rise Against are not main stage headliner. Rock am Ring are yet to announce the headliner there. Might be wrong though...

Unless you're a die hard Metallica fan, so far (for me) RaR probably looks a bit better than Download even with all German bands I don't care about. This is of course at the moment and things will change with the next announcement.

Still, I think this year Download have a real chance to have the second best metal line up in Europe (Hellfest) which would be a big thing. It would've been too easy to "open the old dusty closet" and add the Motley Crew/Def Leppard combo present at Copenhell, GMM etc. but for the first time in years they didn't which is very refreshing. 

Looking forward the next announcement and the day separation.