1. 1. How Do You Cut Your Pizza?

• Pizza Cutter
    • Knife
    • Scissors
    • Tear With My Hands
    • I Don't Eat Pizza
    • I Don't Cut Pizza, I Eat it With a Knife & Fork
    • I Fold It Over Like a Calzone and Eat it Like a Cornish Pasty

wrapping a sausage in kebab meat is kind of genius, but then deep frying the lot is madness. I know im going to sound a bit of a wet weekend here but im at the stage of my life where i physically cant eat deep fried food any more. If i go to the chippie and order a huss/haddock and chips, i have to remove at the very least 50% of the batter. 

if i eat more than that, i get absolutely rotten guts and feel dreadful for a good twelve hours. I used to be so good at eating, but its probably since my late 30's that i just cant manage it . . . so the crunchy munchy boxes wont work for me, but the non-deep fried ones - now those i could definitely try 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I have to agree with that! Seriously I’ve always avoided foods cooked in this way, stodgy with grease dripping out them. Deep fried heart attacks. The pizza is one of the worst. The dough just becomes totally saturated with grease unlike for instance a pie where at least you can cut a hole in the base allowing surplus fat to drain out.  Sounds as disgusting as it tastes! Anyway I’m off for lunch, chicken salad sandwich, a pear and an apple.  That’s me, a disgrace to my nation😉

I don't eat battered stuff either. However, it would be fair to say that I don't eat healthily either. I nearly do all the shopping for me and my wife, and have a weakness for anything in the reduced section. This means that I'm often to be found eating processed crap. However, it is not as crap as battered crap. And in this way I can pretend that I'm doing well on the eating healthily front. Only now I have identified that I'm not eating healthily to myself. And now I'm thinking that I'm of an age whereby I should be eating healthily. I may make amends. Who'd have thought that @Brazzers 'first' pizza based thread could save lives!?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cherry Tree said:

I also think it is a West of Scotland thing, in my younger days I regularly had a deep fried pizza and chips, for some reason always in the early hours of the morning. However I moved to Aberdeen and no deep fried pizza. I still visit family in Glasgow and the thing that has developed since I left is the munchy box, basically a pizza box filled with chips, various deep fried thins, usually some pizza and often kebab meat, no salad or vegetables in this lot.

17E57C32-6313-4D2F-BE5D-44CC6CD11BB4.jpeg

2753794F-1EF2-42F3-9333-10EECB9BE428.jpeg

My Wrong-O-Meter has just exploded off the scale.

Wrong' or 'Wrongly'? | Grammar Girl

6 hours ago, balti-pie said:

wrapping a sausage in kebab meat is kind of genius, but then deep frying the lot is madness. I know im going to sound a bit of a wet weekend here but im at the stage of my life where i physically cant eat deep fried food any more. If i go to the chippie and order a huss/haddock and chips, i have to remove at the very least 50% of the batter. 

if i eat more than that, i get absolutely rotten guts and feel dreadful for a good twelve hours. I used to be so good at eating, but its probably since my late 30's that i just cant manage it . . . so the crunchy munchy boxes wont work for me, but the non-deep fried ones - now those i could definitely try 

One of my local takeaways does something called the pizza bomb. 

It’s a burger wrapped in the pizza of your choice. 

I think each time you eat one it takes about a month off your lifespan. 

14 hours ago, mcshed said:

Have you had one? They are geniuenly great, it's not a joke novelty food like the deep-fried sweets it's my standard chip shop order and going without was of the the things I really missed when living in England.

I’m also up for pizza out the chippy once in a while. Prefer fish but this thread just reminded me that the last time I was in, the fella in front of me asked for his half pizza to be sliced before they fried it. This was new to me but I’m tempted....

16 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Depends on the chippy I always found. If the batter mix is good, it's well fried and the oil's clean and all that jazz then you get a light crispy batter without it being greasy. That's lovely, and doesn't feel like a slog to eat it.

When the oil's shit or the wrong temperature or the batter is crap then you end up with minging greasy stodge. I couldn't eat too much of that stuff.

18 hours ago, Cherry Tree said:

I also think it is a West of Scotland thing, in my younger days I regularly had a deep fried pizza and chips, for some reason always in the early hours of the morning. However I moved to Aberdeen and no deep fried pizza. I still visit family in Glasgow and the thing that has developed since I left is the munchy box, basically a pizza box filled with chips, various deep fried thins, usually some pizza and often kebab meat, no salad or vegetables in this lot.

17E57C32-6313-4D2F-BE5D-44CC6CD11BB4.jpeg

2753794F-1EF2-42F3-9333-10EECB9BE428.jpeg

This reminded me of someone writing an article a few years ago about eating a 5,400 calorie munchy box from Greenock. It makes the box in the picture above look remarkably healthy in comparison.

1 hour ago, Brazzers said:

Due to the high volumes of hate mail sent to our offices, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend all pizza polls indefinitely. We would like to apologise to all those affected and thank everyone who took part.

You get us hooked on pizza polls and then take them away from us!

This isn't fayre.

20 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Not just the WoS, never forget that the infamous 'Stauner (or 'stonner' according to this article) Supper' originated on the East Coast:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/best-in-edinburgh/restaurants-bars/would-you-try-deep-fried-15465038

0_Screen-Shot-2018-11-26-at-105440.png

I was under the impression a ‘Stauner’ was something completely different😉

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I was under the impression a ‘Stauner’ was something completely different😉

I used to work with someone whose surname was Stoner. We had a big office up in Glasgow. She hated calling them 😄

Edited by Quark