Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Zombies was… ok I suppose. Easily the best so far, but not a massive bar.

I felt the same, it was ok, although I thought the Dr Strange episode is streets ahead of the rest.

This seemed to fall back on the tactic of shoehorning as much fan service in as possible. The inclusion of Okoye, while I love the character, felt forced.

Really enjoyed Shang Chi. The martial arts scenes were FANTASTIC, and you really felt the hits. Big Jackie Chan vibes.

I thought the final battle was a bit off the deep end and mystical but equally I'm here for it. The MCU is in a far weirder and groovier place in September 2021 than it was in January 2021. We've eaten well this year! 

On 9/4/2021 at 5:51 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

It gets a wee bit bogged down in flashbacks

Just a wee bit? Why the need to re-recap everything by going back into the flashbacks before the climax? Could easily have cut 10-15 minutes of flashbacks and it would still have made perfect sense.

First 2/3 of the film fantastic, then the pace falls away when we get to watch flashbacks of the same stuff we've had flashbacks of before before a final battle that is just CGI-woo after some of the best action sequences the MCU has ever seen.

I still overall enjoyed it but it's far from perfect.

Finally got round to seeing Shang-Chi. Don’t think it’ll be bothering my top ten MCU films or anything but it was very enjoyable and a bit of a change up from the usual origin stories. I don’t think they used ‘The Mandarin’ quite to the full potential, but that said, Tony Leung stole the show any time he was on screen. Film had much wider implications for the MCU as a whole as well which I wasn’t expecting so I’m good and hyped for Eternals + the upcoming shows now after What If.. has left me relatively cold.

I just read that Tony Dalton is in Hawkeye and I'm suddenly buzzing for it, he's ended up being one of the best things about Better Call Saul. Hope he gets plenty to do

Black Widow spoilers 

No word on Florence Pugh, I'm guessing they're looking at the box office figures and thinking no one has seen it yet so don't want to give anything away? I don't know what to think if that post credit scene doesn't tie somewhat closely with this.

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I just read that Tony Dalton is in Hawkeye and I'm suddenly buzzing for it, he's ended up being one of the best things about Better Call Saul. Hope he gets plenty to do

Black Widow spoilers 

No word on Florence Pugh, I'm guessing they're looking at the box office figures and thinking no one has seen it yet so don't want to give anything away? I don't know what to think if that post credit scene doesn't tie somewhat closely with this.

They have already said Florence Pugh is in Hawkeye.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, priest17 said:

They've nearly all set up a story to follow on (which is frankly bizarre given the format) but this one was rediculous.

3 hours ago, jump said:

I have no idea if I liked or hated the new What If. 

I think it's all set up for an Endgame style team up finale in two weeks which will push a couple of the What If... characters (Captain Carter) info the 'mainstream' MCU through Multiverse of Madness.