news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Hope you’re all keeping safe in the heat today and tomorrow. Apparently Tory Kit Malthouse’s advice while doing the media rounds open a window, have a flannel to hand and carry on… The scientific advice is windows and curtains closed and drink plenty of fluid.

8 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Hope you’re all keeping safe in the heat today and tomorrow. Apparently Tory Kit Malthouse’s advice while doing the media rounds open a window, have a flannel to hand and carry on… The scientific advice is windows and curtains closed and drink plenty of fluid.

But Dominic raab has told us to enjoy the sunshine I just don't know what to do now

34 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Even that advice could be rubbish. Some people say to keep windows shut and close blinds/curtains. 

4 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Errr, don't understand this bit:

"The C4 debate in particular was a massive mistake and candidates were wrong to take part in it."

Unless they're embarrassed about how toe-curlingly vapid it was.

Something else to blame Channel 4 for?

Made a run to the supermarket earlier. Was 23 in car when I set off, 27 by the time I got to the shops and had rocketed above 35 by the time I got back to my car to go home.

Usually I would walk my dog about this time, but that might be a spectacularly shit idea. And this even though there's actually a reasonable looking breeze out my window.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I understand why Truss and Sunak may want to cancel...but at same time I think the debates have hurt Mordaunt's chances.

Interesting. I can admit I didn't watch either C4 or ITV debate but I thought Truss was the one that was meant to have done the worst in the two debates. Especially in the first one.

Morduant's chances have definitely been damaged since Thursday though. But I guess we'll see what happens when Tugendhat and (likelier that not) Badenoch miss the cut.