news & politics:discussion

zahidf

11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

No matter how shit I think Truss is Kemi is a lot worse.

Oh I don't disagree. I was thinking short term amusing rather than long term. I would like to see the back of both Truss and Badenoch. Interesting to see Rishi getting the most of Braverman votes which seems strange. I wonder if something more interesting has happened where Truss has gained Braverman votes, but lost some of her own to Rishi.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t see how there as many votes for Mordaunt as there is Truss. 

No overall I think you're right, badenoch votes go to Truss (or the other way round). I just think Tugenhadt supporters more likely to support Mordaunt than Truss. Problem with Truss is she's the main candidate for the right, but she hasn't got the X factor. Badenoch has got a bit more of the X factor, but she has little experience and would be a massive gamble. They both would be terrible for the country in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

I think Sunak probably is the most "friendly" to most the country.  Lesser of a number of evils.  He might be a bit rich but I think he has the right ideas around the ecconmy.

I have no problem with Sunak. I am scum and live on disability benefits but I got a payment of over 300 in my bank as cost of living support. I got a further 50 this morning from the council tax support and I had a lump sum a few weeks ago. My son who lives with me has also received an extra payment as he is on UC. Between us we have been able to put some cash in our savings ready for autumn and winter. I have had a number of medical issues over the past few years and although I have had to fight for some of my benefits at the moment I feel I am getting some support. I may even stop sponging passwords off friends for streaming services and pay for one 🙂

Sunak hasn't played on this so much but I can see that happening. But then again it's not us Plebs he needs to reach but the over 50's high earner Tory membership.

59 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

No overall I think you're right, badenoch votes go to Truss (or the other way round). I just think Tugenhadt supporters more likely to support Mordaunt than Truss. Problem with Truss is she's the main candidate for the right, but she hasn't got the X factor. Badenoch has got a bit more of the X factor, but she has little experience and would be a massive gamble. They both would be terrible for the country in my opinion. 

Some of Tom’s supporters might go to Sunak?

2 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I have no problem with Sunak. I am scum and live on disability benefits but I got a payment of over 300 in my bank as cost of living support. I got a further 50 this morning from the council tax support and I had a lump sum a few weeks ago. My son who lives with me has also received an extra payment as he is on UC. Between us we have been able to put some cash in our savings ready for autumn and winter. I have had a number of medical issues over the past few years and although I have had to fight for some of my benefits at the moment I feel I am getting some support. I may even stop sponging passwords off friends for streaming services and pay for one 🙂

Sunak hasn't played on this so much but I can see that happening. But then again it's not us Plebs he needs to reach but the over 50's high earner Tory membership.

I know you're kidding, but in case you're not...you are not scum.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

sunak is the guy who didn't give you the twenty quid uplift.

Edited by Neil

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

sunak is the guy who didn't give you the twenty quid uplift.

Sorry Neil. I am no supporter of Sunak but I saw the 20-pound uplift as temporary. Admittedly the me and my family well me and my son we're able to absorb that difference although harshly. The removal of the uplift didn't affect me as much as affected my son who luckily is with me so we share bills.

Of course I would like an extra 20 quid a week but who's going to pay it to me is it the Tories no or is it labour won't they don't say. I am sorry to some like Barry here but I'm certain a lot of people who got the extra uplift didn't use it wisely. The army used to give us extra pair when he did x different jobs but you didn't get use to that pair i can just say that as the same thing.

46 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I know you're kidding, but in case you're not...you are not scum.

I think I have earned my support. I have been in the army, worked for the NHS as a nurse and done every job we could even think of. I spent 5 years working at festivals not the money but for the smiles I've had a complicated life but I've always paid my way. I guess I'm no style hippie

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Theory and practice are two different things. People were predicting that Sunak would get minimal increase with Braverman out and he got more than anyone.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

what a shit state affairs.

and despite labour leading in polls, they need to be at least 10 points ahead to get even a majority of 1...and that poll lead will likely reduce once new leader put in place and Johnson gone...

Labour won’t win a majority at the next election.

stolen from elsewhere

. Lizzy to the tune of 'Dizzy' by Tommy Roe.

Lizzy
I'm so Lizzy, my head is spinning
It’s so empty, I’m pretty dense
What I say just doesn’t make sense
Coz I’m so Lizzy
Left the Libs and joined the Cons as that’s the place for sleaze and much more crime
Lotsa cheese and lotsa wine with parties goin’ on around me all the time
I’ve a mate whose in the Met’
So please forget what I just said
I'm going around in circles all the time
Lizzy
I'm so Lizzy, my head is spinning
It’s so empty, I’m pretty dense
What I say just doesn’t make sense
Coz I’m so Lizzy
Once I was so pro-EU and you all heard exactly what I said
Then I went and changed my tune and voted for that Brexit thing instead
My ego’s got control of me