news & politics:discussion

zahidf

48 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The SNP divisions that have been there for a while are now more visible.. 

There's no divisions over not acting against sex peststhats all factions of the snp(holyrrodand westminster) plus one of the sex pestsas leader of alba

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

The SNP to Alba defections are interesting. Wonder if they'll be more.

It's the nutjobs in the SNP that are going. I don't think they'll be missed.

Raises the question though that if Hanvey was such a deplorable guy then why did he have the whip restored by the SNP not too long ago.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It's the nutjobs in the SNP that are going. I don't think they'll be missed.

Raises the question though that if Hanvey was such a deplorable guy then why did he have the whip restored by the SNP not too long ago.

Snippers give out free passes like a paedo gives out sweets at the school gates. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

There's no divisions over not acting against sex peststhats all factions of the snp(holyrrodand westminster) plus one of the sex pestsas leader of alba

no, there are political/ideological divisions and it's not just about sex abuse which you keep going on about (or at least I think it's what you keep going on about).

Alba could actually be a good thing for the SNP, with Salmond and "Wings" joined by the likes of MacAskill, Sheridan and a unhealthy dose of transphobes it concentrates all of the unpleasant aspects of the independence in one place and, crucially when it comes to the undecides/soft Nos, away from Sturgeon and co. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
  • Upvote 1

On 3/27/2021 at 6:08 PM, Ozanne said:

It's a dream of mine to be on an election night at 10pm when the Exit Poll is announced and to hear 'Labour are the largest party...' 😞 

It's sad that we can't even dream of a majority any more!

On 3/27/2021 at 8:35 PM, maelzoid said:

"....although long term I think the Spanish will regret chucking us out of Spain”

Methinks not.

The irony is they've not chucked "us" out of Spain. You could apply to stay. They got to pick and choose who they wanted to be able to live there (y'know, just like we wanted to be able to do hence Brexit). The reality is they've chucked those particular people out as they're of no benefit to society there.

55 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon if there's a switch to or Tory voters will vote to try and keep labour outso it won't be the easy win for Labour midst people like to imagine.

I don’t think it’ll be easy for a Labour win, but it should ensure we never get a Tory majority government again.

I think it’s really interesting that there is strong support for PR in the country even with Tory voters too. 

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

we never get a Tory majority government again.

Heard that so many times for loads of different reasons none have ever held up.

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think it’s really interesting that there is strong support for PR in the country even with Tory voters too. 

The Northern Independence party candidate for hartlepool confirmed as former Colne valley labour MP thelma Walker, also former PPS to John Mcdonnell, as membership numbers rise to over 1000.

Of course they’ll never win Hartlepool but seems like it could easily gain enough momentum to cock block Starmer’s plant and make a serious point to him that hell hath no fury like a group of scorned left wing activists.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Labour need to dstoptelling tge electorate thst they're wrong. Even when they are. 

There's a point at which some things are just more important than winning elections. Calling out racism and racial prejudice is one of them.

If you think Labour should just do whatever it takes to win the next election, then maybe they should just start adopting Tory policies.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

There's a point at which some things are just more important than winning elections. Calling out racism and racial prejudice is one of them.

If you think Labour should just do whatever it takes to win the next election, then maybe they should just start adopting Tory policies.

Telling the electorate that they re wrongor thick ids a road to nowhere. I want a party which learns from its mistakes. 

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

The Northern Independence party candidate for hartlepool confirmed as former Colne valley labour MP thelma Walker, also former PPS to John Mcdonnell, as membership numbers rise to over 1000.

Of course they’ll never win Hartlepool but seems like it could easily gain enough momentum to cock block Starmer’s plant and make a serious point to him that hell hath no fury like a group of scorned left wing activists.

and help the tories.