news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Don’t we have a measure of the numbers that have gone all in … 

Only from people who have definitely declared they've sent a letter...no idea what that number is...and they might not be telling truth...and apparently you can withdraw letters...so it's kind of a guessing game. 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks 🙂 so might not be many to go as these are the public ones 

Will be interesting how many are not saying anything through fear of these bullying rumours?

You always have to watch out for quiet Tories. Does that appeal to their own overlord?

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Who gets to decide what is a lie ? 

Brexit is wonderful...

Brexit is shit...

Who chooses ?   Its up to the idiot Joe public to engage more.  That is how we get better democracy.

Seriously, @Barry Fish has to be working 9-5 at some Russian troll farm. Only posts in this thread and the Covid one. 

Your example is an objective one. For all the clearly demonstrable negative effects of Brexit there will be people who can see positives (I can't) that make it all worthwhile. I can accept that, however misguided I may feel those people are. 

But when it comes to Johnson lying at the dispatch box, facts decide what a lie is.

"Fastest growing economy in the G7" - categorically untrue. We are 5th. That's a lie

"There were no parties" - the Met has up to 300 pictures which beg to differ. That's a lie. 

Plenty of other examples I could give. 

"Who chooses what's a lie" is disingenuous bullshit and you know it. 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Seriously, @Barry Fish has to be working 9-5 at some Russian troll farm. Only posts in this thread and the Covid one. 

Your example is an objective one. For all the clearly demonstrable negative effects of Brexit there will be people who can see positives (I can't) that make it all worthwhile. I can accept that, however misguided I may feel those people are. 

But when it comes to Johnson lying at the dispatch box, facts decide what a lie is.

"Fastest growing economy in the G7" - categorically untrue. We are 5th. That's a lie

"There were no parties" - the Met has up to 300 pictures which beg to differ. That's a lie. 

Plenty of other examples I could give. 

"Who chooses what's a lie" is disingenuous bullshit and you know it. 

many chose to leave the covid thread ... 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

That's been happens daily to be honest for the last 80 or so years.  Been a game of cat and mouse since the end of WW2.  

Russian bombers fly directly at British Airspace and turn around at the last second as we scramble our jets to meet them.  Daily Mail and such like all over it to try and ramp up the tensions but its pretty normal.  Same happens with Russian / British ships all the time.

its just come through as a news flash so its possibly a bit more serious 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Oh so its a sort of crystal ball I know best type situation ?   Fair enough...

I bet if you move the thread back in this area the engagement would ramp back up...  But anyway covid is old news now - parties and nuclear war is the order of the day.

yeah 3 days with no posts .... most people are talking about a festival in June now and getting excited about it 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think what is lost on simpletons like blutarsky is ultimately its down to the British public to remove people we consider liars and not really down to the speaker of the house to make those judgements.

I think we used to call it democracy...  and I get called a Russian troll  🙂   funny 😄 

For the record - I think Johnson is a big fibber.

So according to you an elected official should be able to lie as much as they like, without recourse, because at some point they'll be up for re-election? 

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s essentially what the group of ERG Tories call themselves, your Mark Francois etc. They believe their opposing Mays Brexit deal was like the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/104166/who-are-the-tory-spartans?amp

Ah, so if they’re unhappy, Spaffer is in trouble? Imagine they saw through all the Brexit Bonus talk today. I also wonder how many are concerned by Boris doubling down on the Savile row given allegations and rumours made against them in the past.