Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@Zoo Music Girl @Metal Monkey yeah, as soon as I pressed enter, I thought, you fool, it would be beyond rammed but I committed to it! You're both right, although I'm not sure they're WH headliner level these days. How about a cheeky Saturday night in the John Peel tent...?

How does John Peel compare to Park for size? I really like Park, but if it's busy and you end up stuck behind the edge of the hill it's not much fun. I guess either is appropriate. If you look at their April tour venues, it's not as big as Bicep who headlined WH last year so I guess they aren't a big enough act for it anymore. 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@Zoo Music Girl @Metal Monkey yeah, as soon as I pressed enter, I thought, you fool, it would be beyond rammed but I committed to it! You're both right, although I'm not sure they're WH headliner level these days. How about a cheeky Saturday night in the John Peel tent...?

They did Other last time they played so Holts is already a step down. They definitely feel Holts level to me, maybe Park at a push. But I'd take the Nonce Tent.

25 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Scenes if we get Underworld, Hot Chip, Prodigy, Leftfield and Orbital at one festival (unlikely I know, but all active).

chems on arcadia too and fatboy for his inevitable appearance

just about every big beat artist that lol

----

I read sonic is 7k (2019 silver hayes article for name change), so JP must be at least 20-25k surely?

28 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

The Coral are the sort of band I could see doing a surprise set on WG (if it still exists) or Greenpeace and absolutely smashing it. Would be amazing on the Thursday. Are they too big for Acoustic?

Could crop up anywhere. Other, JP, Park, even Pyramid. 

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I was pretty set on them being there but now I'm seeing them twice (RAH and Junction 2) I'm not actually as fussed. Orbital are the ones I want the most, closely followed by Hot Chip (but I saw them in October so that itch has been scratched more recently).

Ha! Me too!!

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ha! Me too!!

Ha nice! I bought the Junction 2 tickets as a surprise birthday gift for my partner but then he saw the RAH gig so couldn't really say no to that without revealing the other thing... although I think he's guessed it. Ah well, they'll be great in both venues I'm sure.

On 2/10/2023 at 4:16 PM, p.pete said:

Headlined JP in '07

Subbed Other in '08 & '10

Headlined WH in '15

Headlined Park in '19

Could see them turning up anywhere to be fair...

Festival tarts they are 

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha nice! I bought the Junction 2 tickets as a surprise birthday gift for my partner but then he saw the RAH gig so couldn't really say no to that without revealing the other thing... although I think he's guessed it. Ah well, they'll be great in both venues I'm sure.

Really excited to see them at the RAH. I love that venue. Hardly seen any electronic music there, apart from Giant Swan a few years ago and the acoustics were fantastic.

Made sure I got a standing ticket too. I wanna be front and centre for this one! 

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers