Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

43 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah I’m fairly confident AJ could, and perhaps will, headline the Other.

He’s subbing R+L so I doubt his team would settle for third down the Other anymore (where he was pencilled on Friday of 2020‘s fest, confirmed). Not sure he would carry over to sub slot on the Pyramid just yet — he lacks what I guess you could call a ‘Dave/Stormzy at the BRITs’ crossover moment for the casuals. But he’s having a Dizzee c.2008-12 level run in the charts and would draw a huge crowd of under-25s.

Call it an Other sub with a chance to push up if he gets another megahit this summer.

I went a while back for sub under Fatboy Slim.

I think there’s a chance some acts could be under billed if they are directly being transferred over to 2022. AJ Tracey I doubt would kick up a fuss over the same slot as 2020, but he’s going to get a massive crowd and will be competition for whoever is on the pyramid.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

@dentalplan made a good point: if it was 2021 they'd be able to string out the 50+1 celebrations, next year is a clean slate and you'd expect a less nostalgic 'Friend of the Festival' option will come in.

Yeah, the vibe next year will shift away from anniversary celebrations to “we’re back!”

A trio of Wolf Alice, AJ Tracey and PSB would work on the Other.

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah, the vibe next year will shift away from anniversary celebrations to “we’re back!”

A trio of Wolf Alice, AJ Tracey and PSB would work on the Other.

I really don’t think Wolf Alice are going to be headlining the other stage. They are starting to slide down lineups if anything. They are what... 5th down at R&L this year?

AJ Tracey, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys I think - and maybe someone in Dua’s place if they don’t move her to pyramid.

Then again - I wouldn’t be surprised if they move AJ to pyramid sub/ third down.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I really don’t think Wolf Alice are going to be headlining the other stage. They are starting to slide down lineups if anything. They are what... 5th down at R&L this year?

They’re third on the main stage. Hardly sliding anywhere and given how well the recently announced tour sold there’s little reason to think they’ll be playing bigger venues when the new album is out.

Why not both, though? Taylor has broadened her appeal in recent years and she’s no longer seen as firmly in the pop bracket. If you were ever going to have two women headline the thing, this would be a pretty ideal duo. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Why not both, though? Taylor has broadened her appeal in recent years and she’s no longer seen as firmly in the pop bracket. If you were ever going to have two women headline the thing, this would be a pretty ideal duo. 

I’m not gonna totally discount it because you’re totally right, but even in 2022, two of the three headliners being female pop acts seems a bit of a stretch to me and would no doubt cause a bit of a hubub. Seems far more likely that she’s replacing the female pop act we already had. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

If Kendrick's pulled out and Billie is the switcheroo then it wouldn't be that bad a mix to be fair. But would need someone with undeniable heritage in the third slot to keep the Campaign For Real Rock happy.

I really don’t think they’ll have many issues if they had e.g Billie, Macca/Coldplay and Taylor. Plus, the first festival after a pandemic is probably the one where you’ll have the most goodwill possible, and if you’re ever going to bite the bullet and book two female “pop” acts, this would be the time.

Make it so Emily!

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If Kendrick's pulled out and Billie is the switcheroo then it wouldn't be that bad a mix to be fair. But would need someone with undeniable heritage in the third slot to keep the Campaign For Real Rock happy.

Yeah I could see them booking Billie and Taylor but not Kendrick as well, as you say there will definitely be a guitar based headliner in there. Billie, Macca and Taylor would be a very strong trio.

Looking forward to when Matt sees this news.

24 minutes ago, sisco said:

That’s quite the gap isn’t it!

It is.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think Friday is more likely. I don't think she would do Sunday night Glastonbury then Belgium the night after even though it's close.

I'm guessing we are ruling the equation out that she could be a sub?

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

It is.

I think Friday is more likely. I don't think she would do Sunday night Glastonbury then Belgium the night after even though it's close.

I'm guessing we are ruling the equation out that she could be a sub?

There is no way her agents would accept sub at this point. Borderline stadium act now. And just in the us she has 4 headline slots this year alone.  The only way she subs is if there is a bigger act thats undeniable and you could place such a large name beneath. 

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

DO IT EMILY. TWO FEMALE HEADLINERS IN ONE YEAR

I totally agree with you on the sentiment, hell I'd like to see the festival go one better. I appreciate that she has the popularity but does Billie Eilish have the back catalogue to fill a 100 minute headline set? Genuine question btw, I don't actually know. 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I totally agree with you on the sentiment, hell I'd like to see the festival go one better. I appreciate that she has the popularity but does Billie Eilish have the back catalogue to fill a 100 minute headline set? Genuine question btw, I don't actually know. 

About as much as Mumfords did when they headlined in 2013 on their ginormous wave of hype.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Watched her last time and tbf, I felt it was all samey and got bored pretty quickly. But sure others felt the same about ones I loved too