Football 2020/2021

zahidf

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I suspected someone may come back with this, I don't really agree. From my perspective most of the players Man Utd have brought on have been logical signings. I also think under OGS the signings have been more logical than some of his predecessors.

Which signings before ole were logical? They were either not good enough or signed for shirt sales. 

I can count on one hand the successful signings in the last 8 years, majority being ole signings.

32 minutes ago, thetime said:

Which signings before ole were logical? They were either not good enough or signed for shirt sales. 

I can count on one hand the successful signings in the last 8 years, majority being ole signings.

I can't remember which signings were pre and post Ole and how far you want to go back. However looking at squad De Gea, Lindeloff, Bailly, Jones, Pogba, Mata, Martial, Shaw, Matic were all logical signings in my view .

Looking at previous signings Herrera, lukaku,  alexis,blind, mkhitayan, ibra, Di Maria, Depay again all had logic behind them. Which is not necessarily the same as me saying I would have bought them all, or they paid a good price.

Of course a lot of these signings have not been successful, but there was reason to think most could have been on the day they were brought. Many had no greater track record than players who liverpool have signed and have been successful. As I have always said and will still maintain, I have no doubts some of these players would have succeeded at clubs better set up to be successful. Some players have been big name shirt sellers, but big names have had successful transfer moves before.

By focusing on one super agent, I think Arsenal are limiting their options and making random decisions detrimental to the team.

11 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Gutted about Gerard Houllier. He was the first manager I really remember in charge of Liverpool. He brought us into the 21st century with some of his methods and he laid the foundations for Istanbul. That's before mentioning 2001. What a man. Love him.

I liked Houllier, he always seemed a good bloke. That joint manager thing with Roy Evans looks really strange from today’s perspective. Also he seemed to have a big influence on France, although never really understood why he scapegoated Ginola in 1994.

Its a weird one with Chelsea. Havertz obviously hasn't hit the ground running at all and is nowhere near putting in the level of performances he did in the Bundesliga. Werner too. Though he's scored a few goals I think most Chelsea fans expected him to be a bit more lethal. Maybe he needs to play through the middle more? The performances against Everton and Wolves weren't great, there's no denying that. Even the likes of Reece James who is usually solid, was poor last night. That said, we did go 17 unbeaten so if we can get back to winning ways soon, there's no real need to panic. We've improved the back line drastically. Just got to be firing on all cylinders in attack.

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Its a weird one with Chelsea. Havertz obviously hasn't hit the ground running at all and is nowhere near putting in the level of performances he did in the Bundesliga. Werner too. Though he's scored a few goals I think most Chelsea fans expected him to be a bit more lethal. Maybe he needs to play through the middle more? The performances against Everton and Wolves weren't great, there's no denying that. Even the likes of Reece James who is usually solid, was poor last night. That said, we did go 17 unbeaten so if we can get back to winning ways soon, there's no real need to panic. We've improved the back line drastically. Just got to be firing on all cylinders in attack.

Interesting reading today that Chelsea haven't won against a top 11 side this season. 

Very nervous about the game tonight, our performances have been slowly getting worse but we've just about gotten away with it. If we're not at it from the 1st minute tonight we'll be in trouble.

Heart says 1-0 Liverpool. Head says 2-0 Spurs. 

On another note. I placed an acca last night, must have been feeling ambitious/drunk:

Arsenal v Southampton - Draw
Leeds v Newcastle
Liverpool v Tottenham
Fulham v Brighton
Aston Villa v Burnley
Sheffield United v Man Utd 😆

There's a reason it's 805/1 😄 

17 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Very nervous about the game tonight, our performances have been slowly getting worse but we've just about gotten away with it. If we're not at it from the 1st minute tonight we'll be in trouble.

Heart says 1-0 Liverpool. Head says 2-0 Spurs. 

On another note. I placed an acca last night, must have been feeling ambitious/drunk:

Arsenal v Southampton - Draw
Leeds v Newcastle
Liverpool v Tottenham
Fulham v Brighton
Aston Villa v Burnley
Sheffield United v Man Utd 😆

There's a reason it's 805/1 😄 

I did this last night and cashed the fucker out for 22 quid!!! Would have been worth £350 had I been patient.

Fuck’s sake.

EE110961-86E2-48C0-892B-E3239DD06410.png

14 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

If anyone is going to lose to them for the sheer purposes of hilarity, it's United.

Just a crazy league this season.

If Newcastle win there game in hand, even brucie will be 5 points from the top. 

You would imagine liverpool will go on a surge of form, win 9 out of 10 to stretch away. 

Edited by thetime

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

Just a crazy league this season.

If Newcastle win there game in hand, even brucie will be 5 points from the top. 

You would imagine liverpool will go on a surge of form, win 9 out of 10 to stretch away. 

If that is to happen then I think it's likely to be from Jan/Feb time onwards. At the moment our midfielders are running on empty. It's fine when they can rotate but currently we have 1 or 2 of them playing in defence and some who are made of glass (Keita, Ox). Once we get more players back I expect us to pull away but by nowhere near as much as last year.

Having said that I think if any team can string together 6 or 7 wins then they'll get enough of a gap to go on an win it. I think it's between Liverpool, City and Spurs though, can't see anyone else getting up there.

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

If that is to happen then I think it's likely to be from Jan/Feb time onwards. At the moment our midfielders are running on empty. It's fine when they can rotate but currently we have 1 or 2 of them playing in defence and some who are made of glass (Keita, Ox). Once we get more players back I expect us to pull away but by nowhere near as much as last year.

Having said that I think if any team can string together 6 or 7 wins then they'll get enough of a gap to go on an win it. I think it's between Liverpool, City and Spurs though, can't see anyone else getting up there.

Can't see city challenging, I do think it will be a 1 horse race again.