Football 2020/2021

zahidf

41 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Annfield is a joke, they pipe in you'll never walk alone at the start and then generally sit there in since for 90 minutes. Old Trafford has piped in crowd noise as well. Now although the Etihad is not as good as Maine Rd, it is far from the worst in the Premier league.

By "piped in" you mean play the song before kick off? 

Where else would they do such a thing?

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

By "piped in" you mean play the song before kick off? 

Where else would they do such a thing?

The atmosphere at Anfield is crap, that's the point I was making. They sing at the start and that's it. Most noise they make is when they are boo'ing the opposition. 

Just now, eastynh said:

The atmosphere at Anfield is crap, that's the point I was making. They sing at the start and that's it. Most noise they make is when they are boo'ing the opposition. 

If you like. 

It has games where it's far from the best, as can any ground. Despite what people will tell you, fans don't sing and chant for 90 minutes when they're playing Fulham on a Tuesday night.

The away fans generally make more noise throughout a game at every ground.

If you like. 

It has games where it's far from the best, as can any ground. Despite what people will tell you, fans don't sing and chant for 90 minutes when they're playing Fulham on a Tuesday night.

The away fans generally make more noise throughout a game at every ground.

I can't argue with anything you have said there.

The Anfield atmosphere is nowhere near as good as the sycophantic media would have you believe it is though.

Edited by eastynh

Couple of years ago I went to a Hertha game while visiting a mate in Berlin. Half full stadium, mid week game that had little consequence, no major rivalry between the teams as far as I'm aware. Could not believe the noise they made. I admit I don't go to many games, but I've never heard anything like it in this country.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Neil you have no idea about atmoslhere as you don't go to any games. City finished top and the atmosphere is fine at the Etihad.

Annfield is a joke, they pipe in you'll never walk alone at the start and then generally sit there in since for 90 minutes. Old Trafford has piped in crowd noise as well. Now although the Etihad is not as good as Maine Rd, it is far from the worst in the Premier league.

Feeling paranoid and protesting too much I was talking about all clubs not specifically yours

My point still stands about you talking shit. Because you can't discuss football with us on any sensible level, you just talk bollocks

Talking football is no fun your way where only you claim the right to have a pop at other clubs there's a lot of laughter to be had with citeh. 

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Feeling paranoid and protesting too much I was talking about all clubs not specifically yours

Talking football is no fun your way where only you claim the right to have a pop at other clubs there's a lot of laughter to be had with citeh. 

I defend the club I support from the bollocks you talk. The rest of us can discuss things that happen on the pitch. You have no interest in that unless it is snide digs. Funnily enough, all your snide digs are directed at City. 

I defend the club I support from the bollocks you talk. The rest of us can discuss things that happen on the pitch. You have no interest in that unless it is snide digs. Funnily enough, all your snide digs are directed at City. 

It's not bollocks to say the UAE is a heinous regime..band your clubs success is off the back of slavery there's no other club with such dreadful owners.

Edited by eFestivals

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's not bollocks to say the UAE is a heinous regime..band your clubs success is off the back of slavery there's no other club with such dreadful owners.

Let's hope I get to post another one next week.

Edited by eastynh

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Great season from Ancellotti.

That turnaround from 10 games to go was quite the thing.

6th place, ahead of Liverpool,  4 points from 4th with a game in hand on most teams around them.

Finished 10th.

Still... at least they had that song in the charts.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I love how Scott Carson managed to get himself a prominent place in all of the celebration photos.

God knows he has earnt it.

He can lift the trophy next week, as long as we win it. I am nervous already.

44 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Great season from Ancellotti.

Fair weather fans are back wahaay!

Absolute shite though.. Some team dropped 5 points to absolute shite, can't put my finger on who though?!

2 hours ago, lost said:

Fair weather fans are back wahaay!

Absolute shite though.. Some team dropped 5 points to absolute shite, can't put my finger on who though?!

Would that be the team playing with 7 and 8th choice center backs, having a disastrous season but still finished 10 points above the team that won the transfer window (again) and were going to win the league in October?

Would that be the team playing with 7 and 8th choice center backs, having a disastrous season but still finished 10 points above the team that won the transfer window (again) and were going to win the league in October?

Yes congrats on pipping Leicester for 3rd, I don't think anyone here said Everton were going to win the league?

I just don't understand why Everton are always living rent free in Liverpool fans heads, It would like me being obsessed with Tranmere, a bit strange? Such a shame the Merseyside Redsox soccer ball franchise plan didn't come off.

Thanks, made up. Pipped Chelsea too, more than we could have expected with the way the season was panning out, really looking forward to next year's Champions League. 

"Living rent free". Fuck off back to Twitter with that shit. Jesus, you can't mention another club without them somehow living rent free in your head. Next you'll be telling me I support a small club, I should cry more and *checks notes* I've been dubbed.

They're still local rivals, they're still the first fixture I look for when the dates are announced, they're probably the 4th or 5th result I look for after ours. Used to be first but times have changed.

This clearly makes me obsessed, crack on.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Thanks, made up. Pipped Chelsea too, more than we could have expected with the way the season was panning out, really looking forward to next year's Champions League. 

"Living rent free". Fuck off back to Twitter with that shit. Jesus, you can't mention another club without them somehow living rent free in your head. Next you'll be telling me I support a small club, I should cry more and *checks notes* I've been dubbed.

They're still local rivals, they're still the first fixture I look for when the dates are announced, they're probably the 4th or 5th result I look for after ours. Used to be first but times have changed.

This clearly makes me obsessed, crack on.

Well looking at this thread over the year the Pool fans went AWOL when City over took them, no mention of the derby from the Everton fans on here and Liverpool fans even absent from the Super league discussions as we know they thought it would result in the signing Mbappe, they then suddenly appear when Everton have a shit finish as its the highlight of their season.

Its not a local thing anymore its like Starbucks celebrating selling more coffee than a local shop in Seattle, Starbucks rivals are costa and that's why the rest of the league wanted you to get your way and piss off.

16 minutes ago, lost said:

Well looking at this thread over the year the Pool fans went AWOL when City over took them, no mention of the derby from the Everton fans on here and Liverpool fans even absent from the Super league discussions as we know they thought it would result in the signing Mbappe, they then suddenly appear when Everton have a shit finish as its the highlight of their season.

Its not a local thing anymore its like Starbucks celebrating selling more coffee than a local shop in Seattle, Starbucks rivals are costa and that's why the rest of the league wanted you to get your way and piss off.

I think you're being a bit unfair on them mate. If Pickford had not murdered Van Dijk, Liverpool would have won the Superbowl and World Series.

52 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Do you think the return of Van Dijk will make you automatic challengers next season? Who do you think that you will get during the closed season?

@lost I was a bit disappointed with you lot yesterday. What do you think you's need? Richarlison and Pickford looked like the only ones who was arsed yesterday.