Football 2020/2021

zahidf

11 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I would hope that Manchester City fans would think it would be hypocritical to lecture another country on human rights when the country they come from has been responsible for far worse acts throughout its history.

When the sheikh leaves, I am going to go back to supporting Chelsea anyway.

I didn't say hope, I said think. You know perfectly well in the same position city fans would shift their views accordingly. The fact is football fans of all teams are hypocrites.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I didn't say hope, I said think. You know perfectly well in the same position city fans would shift their views accordingly. The fact is football fans of all teams are hypocrites.

I can only speak for myself.

13 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I doubt city fans would ever go against there owners, even if they had these human rights issues in this country.

They will be forever grateful and desperate for it to continue, no matter what happens. 

You only have to look at the ESL protests to realise that. You can kind of understand that though with there history.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:31 PM, jyoung said:

Congrats to Leicester. Thoroughly deserved. Poor selection from Tuchel. We didn't deserve anything from the game. Second game on the bounce now. Need to get our shit together for these final three games or else that honeymoon period is well and truly over.

Delighted to see Gilmour make the Scotland Euro Squad 👍 He was at the performance school down the road from me and there’s been a buzz about him for a few years. Same for his younger brother.

Couple of other kids from there now at Bayern and City. 

In other news, few of my mates got tickets for Wembley. I was nowhere near the points required 😞 

All other ticket options seem difficult as e tickets issued to phones apparently and possibility of covid tests means it’s looking like tv for me. Pity after all this time at no finals and would have been a great occasion with 90,000 in.

46 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Delighted to see Gilmour make the Scotland Euro Squad 👍 He was at the performance school down the road from me and there’s been a buzz about him for a few years. Same for his younger brother.

Couple of other kids from there now at Bayern and City. 

In other news, few of my mates got tickets for Wembley. I was nowhere near the points required 😞 

All other ticket options seem difficult as e tickets issued to phones apparently and possibility of covid tests means it’s looking like tv for me. Pity after all this time at no finals and would have been a great occasion with 90,000 in.

Did Scotland have to leave any players out that you think could have made an impact. I find the Wales squad pretty much picks itself and the last few selections are basically picking between the players who won't play.

6 hours ago, eastynh said:

Now Gnom, if you are so offended by the way UAE treats its inhabitants, why are you not doing anything about it?

I am, I'm refusing to give Man City any of my money or ever travel to the UAE.

That'll show 'em

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Did Scotland have to leave any players out that you think could have made an impact. I find the Wales squad pretty much picks itself and the last few selections are basically picking between the players who won't play.

Griffiths. Especially after the last match against England but he’s not being playing much recently for various reasons. Right decision for me. He’s went with a few of the younger ones like Gilmour but we’re not exactly spoiled for choice. 

26 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Griffiths. Especially after the last match against England but he’s not being playing much recently for various reasons. Right decision for me. He’s went with a few of the younger ones like Gilmour but we’re not exactly spoiled for choice. 

image.thumb.png.d9ace6a665b0b3fafcd83fc6d06dbdb0.png

If Spurs sell Kane what will they be able to do with the money, probably piss it away like when they sold Bale. At the same time if I was a top team I'm not sure I would break the bank at his age, especially in view of the fact he gets injured every season.

Nobody forced him to sign the contract and take the extra wages, if I was Spurs I would expect him to honour it.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

If Spurs sell Kane what will they be able to do with the money, probably piss it away like when they sold Bale. At the same time if I was a top team I'm not sure I would break the bank at his age, especially in view of the fact he gets injured every season.

Nobody forced him to sign the contract and take the extra wages, if I was Spurs I would expect him to honour it.

Can only see him at city.

27 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

That seems to be the link, but it doesn't really fit with their transfer model spending huge money on a player of his age.

Apparently when Pep arrived he wanted Kane. Although he might not seem as good a fit for Pep based off this season's tactics, at the end of the day he is consistently one of the PL's top scorers. Doesn't look like United will go for him, despite what the press say. Resigning Cavani and Greenwood waiting in the wings. Can't see Chelsea getting anything out of Spurs. So maybe he will end up stuck.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Harry Kane does anyone care?

The purpose of the new bigger spurs stadium... To get more people in to boo the team.

Watching last night's Burnley Liverpool game, other than the first 10 minutes, the Burnley fans just spent their time booing Liverpool players rather than getting behind their own team. I was missing the fake crowd noise by the end.

11 hours ago, eFestivals said:

You're both of those you tell me?

How can people in the UK who give a fuck do something about the UAE's slavery?

Boycotting and raising awareness are the only options.

Not going to happen Neil. You watch City on TV, you need to stop doing that if you care so much.

Edited by eastynh

11 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not going to happen Neil. You watch City on TV, you need to stop doing that if you care so much.

I already boycott sky because Murdock is a c**t and  I didn't want to fund a ESL type thing. Can't not pay my TV licence.

Boycotting will happen I'm the proof of that..it'll always be limited in how effective it can be.