Football 2020/2021

zahidf

12 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Well I think there's things more important than money. Will football fans of all clubs be talking about a goal to keep a team in contention for the Wenger cup in 20 years, I doubt it.

Well yeah, that's why I said I agree.

Interestingly thinking about Jimmy Glass got me thinking about iconic football moments in English football league outside the top division and I'm struggling to think of any other than Glass. Charlton v Sunderland was definitely an iconic game, but more for the game as a whole, instead of any particular moment. I must be missing some obvious moments?

17 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Interestingly thinking about Jimmy Glass got me thinking about iconic football moments in English football league outside the top division and I'm struggling to think of any other than Glass. Charlton v Sunderland was definitely an iconic game, but more for the game as a whole, instead of any particular moment. I must be missing some obvious moments?

Watford Leicester play off semi with the last minute penalty miss then the winner up the other end. Great scenes 👍

56 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Edited by eastynh

6 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Watford Leicester play off semi with the last minute penalty miss then the winner up the other end. Great scenes 👍

I think from memory the same happened Brentford v Doncaster in league 1, but even bigger as decided which team were promoted and which weren't.

However I'm not sure the scorers of those goals are as well known as glass for those moments.

8 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

The last minutes of the Leicester v Watford play off semi about ten years ago...

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Jewish journalist from the Guardian having a rant at Muslim football owners shock. It's just an echo chamber now. They should at least make sure their articles are factually correct. At least they got the owner correct this time.

The Muslim Council of Britain has described Cohen as "being in the vanguard of Islamophobia in this country

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

Jewish journalist from the Guardian having a rant at Muslim football owners shock. It's just an echo chamber now. They should at least make sure their articles are factually correct. At least they got the owner correct this time.

The Muslim Council of Britain has described Cohen as "being in the vanguard of Islamophobia in this country

Amnesty international aa more respected organisation has some choice things  to say about citehs owner.

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Amnesty international aa more respected organisation has some choice things  to say about citehs owner.

Show me where it is specifically about City's owner. You have posted an article by a known and continual islamaphobe, he is also a United fan. He's not exactly a neutral observer. The article is also fuck all to do with football, which is what this thread is about.

Your constant diatribe is fucking boring. It's never against any other club who takes money from dodgy states and governments, its always Citeh.

Neil show me one critical post of yours from when City's owner personally bailed out Barclays Bank, or maybe one about the billions of pounds worth of trade that your country does with the UAE. Its OK selling weapons to them and having them fight our proxy wars, but we can't have them owning our football clubs.

Edited by eastynh

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Show me where it is specifically about City's owner.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2009/05/miembro-familia-dirigente-emiratos-arabes-unidos-implicado-video-tortura-2009050/

You have posted an article by a known and continual islamaphobe, he is also a United fan. He's not exactly a neutral observer. The article is also fuck all to do with football, which is what this thread is about.

So tell me where the beauty is in victory via slavery? At least utd are only associated with the horrors of shopping malls.

Your constant diatribe is fucking boring. It's never against any other club who takes money from dodgy states and in victory via slavery? governments, its always Citeh.

It's alwsys citeh because their fans are like you blind to the crimes of the owners

Neil show me one critical post of yours from when CitlwYy's owner personally bailed out Barclays Bank, or maybe one about the billions of pounds worth of trade that your country does with the UAE. Its OK selling weapons to them and having them fight our proxy wars, but we can't have them owning our football clubs.

Personally and illegally bailed out Barclays. My country is also citehs county.they can own footie clubs but that shouldn't make us choose to be blind.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2009/05/miembro-familia-dirigente-emiratos-arabes-unidos-implicado-video-tortura-2009050/

So tell me where the beauty is in victory via slavery? At least utd are only associated with the horrors of shopping malls.

It's alwsys citeh because their fans are like you blind to the crimes of the owners

Personally and illegally bailed out Barclays. My country is also citehs county.they can own footie clubs but that shouldn't make us choose to be blind.

That Amnesty report does not name City's owner.

I am not blind to whats going on in Abu Dhabi, I just don't give a fuck. I did not give a fuck before he bought City and I still don't give a fuck. No one else gave a fuck either, till City stopped their football teams from  winning stuff.

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am not blind to whats going on in Abu Dhabi, I just don't give a fuck. I did not give a fuck before he bought City and I still don't give a fuck. No one else gave a fuck either, till City stopped their football teams from  winning stuff.

So the likes of amnesty wasn't flagging up the problems with that depotic regime until he bought citeh.some of us are aware of that before he bought citeh.

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

I disagree, there are loads of people who disagree with human right violations. However the reality is that fans of others clubs would be no different turning a blind eye in the same situation, as shown by Newcastle fans 

Absolutely done with VAR now. First time I've thought this but just scrap it. The people in charge don't know how to use it. It's ridiculous. Offsides for armpits. They can't even pause it at the exact moment the ball is kicked... They're ruling out goals for offside where no advantage is gained and then getting penalty calls wrong when they can clearly see on the replay. Werner just gets kicked from behind in the box, Dean gives a Leicester free kick and VAR doesn't even intervene... Genuinely what's the point. These morons can't use it properly.

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I disagree, there are loads of people who disagree with human right violations. However the reality is that fans of others clubs would be no different turning a blind eye in the same situation, as shown by Newcastle fans 

No one has a go at Arsenal for the Emirates sponsorship, no one has a go at Liverpool even though they are sponsored by terrorist money launderers, no one has a go at United for their Saudi sponsors, all the  negative media articles are directed at City.

The faux outrage by football fans regarding human rights abuses is pathetic. If they are so outraged, why do they not do anything about it? At least I am honest, I don't care about what goes on in Abu Dhabi, there are enough problems in England that need resolving.

On a brighter note, Phil Foden is ridiculously good.

Edited by eastynh