Football 2020/2021

zahidf

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Gone off the boil a bit recently haven't they? Looks like they'll make the play offs though.

Still playing well, was a tough game Saturday just struggled with the final ball. The last couple of years getting back into them has made me fall for football again. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't even know what the fuck that is meant to be.

Are we all just going to be in some sort of European competition soon?

Pretty much, Europa League is becoming 32 teams from next year.

Champo league will be the same, with 3rd places teams dropping down to play the 8 EL runners up, group winners in the EL get a bye to 2nd KO round. Same process for Conference League, with 3rd in EL dropping down. 

By my understanding its for "minnow" nations to get more clubs into Europe

The association ranking based on the UEFA country coefficients is used to determine the number of participating teams in the league path for each association:[6]

Nations ranked 1 to 5 will have one team;

Nations ranked 6 to 15 will have two teams;

Nations ranked 16 to 50 will have three teams;

Nations ranked 51 to 55 will have two teams;

Liechtenstein does not have a domestic league and will provide the winner of the Liechtenstein Football Cup irrespective of their coefficient ranking.

26 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Still playing well, was a tough game Saturday just struggled with the final ball. The last couple of years getting back into them has made me fall for football again. 

How on earth do you have a boyhood club then years later get “back into them” ?? 

45 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

How on earth do you have a boyhood club then years later get “back into them” ?? 

Simple, as a boy my granddad took me to Tranmere games then as I got older got into the premier league and a team only a few miles away. Moved to north Wales as a teen in the mid 90s and simply followed LFC more. Life story over. 

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Wonder which player will be first to request a transfer to avoid a ban

am hoping all the good young talent do it straight away, your Sakas, Fodens, Greenwood’s etc. Couldn’t care about Messi or Ronaldo tbh

Even if, for arguments sake, Marcus Rashford decides he doesn’t want to be a part of this bullshit what can he do? He’s on a long term contract so can’t walk and none of the English clubs outside the elite and very few European clubs would be able to afford him.

The players have little choice but to suck it up.