Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

On 4/18/2020 at 7:09 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Worth remembering that Noel has been touring WBTM extensively for the last couple of years  since its release.

Chances are he was planning to take 21 off for rest/writing/recording than anything Oasis related.

Noel has been saying in interviews for a while now that he was planning a break after this summer. 

Nothing to see here. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/noel-gallagher-says-hes-planning-to-take-a-huge-break-from-touring-2597084 

4 hours ago, sisco said:

The more I listen to The Park playlist the better the lineup gets.  Need to investigate Khruangbin some more.  

They're pretty much always a must see when ever they play a festival for me. I've seen them in the middle of the day on a big stage where I've just say back and relaxed while listening. But I've also seen them late at night in a tent wher everyone's dancing. Both work tbh

44 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They're pretty much always a must see when ever they play a festival for me. I've seen them in the middle of the day on a big stage where I've just say back and relaxed while listening. But I've also seen them late at night in a tent wher everyone's dancing. Both work tbh

Lovely stuff mate.  Always Good to hear a positive review. 

I wonder where Robyn was going to pop up, I thought she might have been a contender to headline JP. I thought she had a bit of a thing against, like many, playing in daylight. Would she be as high as sub on the other? 

I don't even really want to think about how good that would have been, as she's one I'd begin to put a line through for 2021

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I wonder where Robyn was going to pop up, I thought she might have been a contender to headline JP. I thought she had a bit of a thing against, like many, playing in daylight. Would she be as high as sub on the other? 

I don't even really want to think about how good that would have been, as she's one I'd begin to put a line through for 2021

Due to there being a huge lack of other candidates on the initial lineup poster, I had her as Taylor Swift’s sub on the Pyramid. Maybe ambitious for her but would be in line with some other ‘possibly not big enough’ subs the Pyramid has had in the past (Beck springs to mind).

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Due to there being a huge lack of other candidates on the initial lineup poster, I had her as Taylor Swift’s sub on the Pyramid. Maybe ambitious for her but would be in line with some other ‘possibly not big enough’ subs the Pyramid has had in the past (Beck springs to mind).

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye, I had Robyn as Pyramid sub as well. Could be Other sub, but before Taylor felt right to me.

I think Robyn could fit the criteria of a sub personally selected by Taylor.

If you think about it... Taylor, Robyn, HAIM sounds like a lover fest lineup. Just food for thought. We never found out who Taylor had supporting her at BST. I wonder if it was similar to a Who and Paul weller scenario. 

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If you think about it... Taylor, Robyn, HAIM sounds like a lover fest lineup. Just food for thought. We never found out who Taylor had supporting her at BST. I wonder if it was similar to a Who and Paul weller scenario. 

Could be. The only thing that makes me think otherwise is HAIM were at the same festivals as Taylor but not always on the same day, so it's not like they were a package deal to that degree.

32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I suspect the festival only agreed to the Who/Weller deal because they were in w corner and desperately needed a headliner. I don’t think Taylor has the clout to demand who plays underneath her.

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Haim were down for Saturday on their website I think and are booked elsewhere for the day of the BST gig, so they wouldn’t be part of any agreement like that. I could well be wrong but Robyn just feels a bit small to be a Pyramid sub, even compared to some of the recent smaller ones like Beck, Vampire Weekend etc.

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Haim were down for Saturday on their website I think and are booked elsewhere for the day of the BST gig, so they wouldn’t be part of any agreement like that. I could well be wrong but Robyn just feels a bit small to be a Pyramid sub, even compared to some of the recent smaller ones like Beck, Vampire Weekend etc.

I didn’t know this! Thanks

Also elbow were elsewhere on the Sunday so they weren’t subbing Taylor either.

Does anyone think there were acts TBA?

Edited by Matt42

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Does anyone think there were acts TBA?

If Robyn isn’t the Sunday Pyramid sub then I’m pretty confident the actual sub has/was yet to be announced - there just isn’t anybody else else there who are big enough or make sense being a generous bump up. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If Robyn isn’t the Sunday Pyramid sub then I’m pretty confident the actual sub has/was yet to be announced - there just isn’t anybody else else there who are big enough or make sense being a generous bump up. 

Yeah exactly what I think. I can’t think of who it might be either.

15 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Dizzee Rascal is the only other act that could have conceivably been subbing Taylor out of those already announced, but I don't think it was gonna be him.

Not the worst shout in the world. 

I did say a random shout of Supergrass before too considering they’re headlining the likes of Kendall. 

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

I did say a random shout of Supergrass before too considering they’re headlining the likes of Kendall. 

Yeah I think Supergrass were playing a bit higher than we expected, I reckon they might have been on after Diana Ross but they probably make most sense as a sub from the acts on the poster.

I’ve now become bored enough to look at the poster and say:

Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Anderson Paak, Camilla Cabello, Brittany Howard, The Waterboys, Skunk Anansie

Macca, NGHFB, HAIM, Crowded House, Rufus Wainwright, Mabel, Happy Mondays

Taylor Swift, Supergrass, Robyn, Diana Ross, The Specials, Sinead O’Conner, Local Band

- I appreciate that someone will come on any minute and say.... they can’t play that day. 

Edited by sisco

20 minutes ago, sisco said:

Neither Supergrass, nor Robyn or Dizzie would have been Taylor's sub, two of them certainly aren't big enough.

Last time Dizzie played on 2017 he was a WHs headliner and he hasn't grown, he would play 4th/3rd at the very highest on Pyramid these days. He is subbing an an act at Kendall on the smaller starting Thursday and from what I've gathered on there Primal Scream weren't even going to headlining the JP?

Supergrass I'd have put 3rd Pyramid/Other sub and the same for Robyn. 

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Neither Supergrass, nor Robyn or Dizzie would have been Taylor's sub, two of them certainly aren't big enough.

Last time Dizzie played on 2017 he was a WHs headliner and he hasn't grown, he would play 4th/3rd at the very highest on Pyramid these days. He is subbing an an act at Kendall on the smaller starting Thursday and from what I've gathered on there Primal Scream weren't even going to headlining the JP?

You got any ideas who you’d place as the Pyramid sub from the first poster or d’you think they were still TBA?

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, thewayiam said:

We’re speculating.  Speculation means we can throw about suggestions.  Unless of course you know who it defo was (you don’t) then you can’t say they defiantly wouldn’t of been the sub.

Not all subs have been massive.  Tbf, Kendall have Foals, Supergrass and Sterophonics as headliners..... all IMO could sub and not look out of place. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You got any ideas who you’d place as the Pyramid sub from the first poster or d’you think they were still TBA?

I wouldn't pick out anyone specifically from that, I think it could have still been to come. I will admit that Beck was unexpected as a sub but feels like he's a bit of a rarer act.