What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Watched quite a few in the last few weeks 

True Detective S4, brilliant cast and great story so far, t'internet has pointed out one or two references back to S1. 

Wayne - only ten episodes and on prime, terrific range of characters, often very funny, sometimes brief brutal violence 

His Dark Materials - I sat on it for ages, but was glad I finally watched it to see the rest of the story. 

The brothers sun - 8 episodes on Netflix with Michelle Yeoh, very entertaining if you haven't seen. 

Good Omens S2 - cracking story and a brilliant cast, believe a S3 may be in the works, hope so. 

Reacher S2 - didn't enjoy as much as S1 but still entertaining stuff. 

Echo - only 5 episodes, but a good tale with a great cast that are familiar from other things which feature Native Americans (the English, Reservation Dogs, wind river). 

Still watching Barry (came to that late, like a lot but crikey it's a roller-coaster) , Big Boys, Lost in Space (came to that late too, just saw it recommended as a Netflix Sci fi show), secret genius of modern life, Julia, rez dogs, Astrid murder in Paris (awaiting S4 somewhere). 

Edited by clarkete

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so...anyone been watching Traitors...because I've just finished watching that final episode and omg...

Yep really good . I don’t watch stuff like this normally … utterly captivating but won’t spoil it for a week or so if people need to catch up 

12 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Been watching old tv... Mad Men series 5 onwards because that is where we stopped first time round...Walking Dead from the start...and Watchmen which a few episodes in is brilliant....

Rewatching Walking Dead?

Bloody hell. Who hurt you?

That was a proper hate watch for me by the end. 

I've been enjoying some very old telly, Rumpole of the Bailey on some freeview channel called Talking Pictures.  John Mortimer was always a great writer and the stories are interesting and usually he's very funny.  Rumpole often prevents a miscarriage of justice or outwits those above him who consider they're his betters.  

On 1/29/2024 at 9:39 AM, steviewevie said:

First time got part way through 2nd series...and kid wants to watch it so it's something we can watch together, nice family viewing.

got to episode where Dale got his insides ripped out and my kid was like wtf I'm not watching that again.

Mr and Mrs Smith might be our new family viewing show.

Finished watching all 4 seasons of Barry and enjoyed it very much.  The mix of humour, darkness, drama and then the most incredible action - often much of it shot in the most extraordinary fashion - make great use of tracking shots, or close ups (especially with Hank) and some phenomenal wide shots.  S02E05 is an incredible sequence of action and comedy in itself. 

Reservation Dogs - I've finished all 3 seasons now and absolutely loved it.  Serves up more than enough sadness and drama upon occasion, but has so many fabulous characters, really well written and a fabulous cast that it was perfect - often very funny and so much heart. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first 4 episodes of Mr and Mrs Smith, both leads great and some great cameos thus far. 

Watched all of season 4 of True Detective and devoured each new episode as it appeared. Cracking cast, incredibly atmospheric setting and location and great story - brilliant. 

9 hours ago, clarkete said:

Watched the first 4 episodes of Mr and Mrs Smith, both leads great and some great cameos thus far. 

Watched all of season 4 of True Detective and devoured each new episode as it appeared. Cracking cast, incredibly atmospheric setting and location and great story - brilliant. 

I know it's only February, but if there's a better TV show than True Detective: Night Country this year I'll be amazed! Fantastic. 

3 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Can't believe how many people like Night Country. Couldn't even get past episode 4. Thought it was dreadful and about 1% as good as season 1. 

Yeah I'm very much not on the same page, in the end I think I preferred it to 1, which I did like a lot. 

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Think I managed about half an episode of season two (after living season one) and not been near it since. Heard 4 is a big improvement on 2 & 3 but not risked it.

I also ditched season 2 early on

Masters of the Air- excellent so far, budget must be huge as it feels like a movie

Slow Horses- pretty good, each season an improvement on the last 

True Detective Night country- as mentioned, pretty dreadful and couldn’t finish it. Ep 1 showed some early promise

Kin- decent watch. Entertaining and straightforward with some great actors