What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 3/29/2023 at 7:27 AM, moogster said:

The season 1 of the recap at the beginning of the new episode was dense. Almost needed to pause it to take it in. 

It was like I remembered all of it but had no idea what it meant at the same time.

In the new episode, when they were watching that weird fighting show where you carry a man on your back, it looked to me like foreshadowing for a scene in the past (young Lynskey, her immobile bff)

21 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

In the new episode, when they were watching that weird fighting show where you carry a man on your back, it looked to me like foreshadowing for a scene in the past (young Lynskey, her immobile bff)

That reminds me I need to head over to read the probably 100s of new theories fan had after this episode :P.

Side note: Lynskey/Shaune and hubby are really not great criminal masterminds... DNA and fingerprints everywhere when getting rid of evidence, not properly checking other attempt to remove evidence. Bit too easy writers!

That's funny, I'd just come in to say how much I enjoyed it. Thought the new cast were great, some brilliant new tasks and Greg and Alex were on top form. Only downside for me is so early on it's clearly going to be between Mae and Kiell for champion. I've seen Ivo live and he is good, but there's a definite 'energy' about him. I've liked Mae before too, although their Netflix special isn't great though. 

You are right though, Kiell is looking like the best one this series. They should have a Ghosts cast member every series until they run out. The ones they've had so far have been ace. Although Lolly would've been on before she was in Ghosts.

23 hours ago, moogster said:

That reminds me I need to head over to read the probably 100s of new theories fan had after this episode :P.

Side note: Lynskey/Shaune and hubby are really not great criminal masterminds... DNA and fingerprints everywhere when getting rid of evidence, not properly checking other attempt to remove evidence. Bit too easy writers!

It's such a silly show. Husband was clever enough to have context for them firing up the bbq (frank'n'beans) but then the fire burns around a nice clue-shaped portrait of the missing man. I'm not convinced the writers really know where the show is going, so I just enjoy it on a surface level. Have your snacks young Lynskey yum yum.

I love that the show is full of former child stars. Clever casting. Not sure about the woman who plays the senator (or governor or whatever) though.

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

And the Ghosts lot have the time to do it now (not really, I'm sure they are all going to be really busy. Hopefully a new project together).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2023/ghosts-series-5-final-series/

I wonder if they are all going to get sucked off.

I hope they finish with a Christmas special. The others have been perfect and that could be a fitting end?

4 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

I'd let them off their privileged backgrounds if they were actually funny! I had the misfortune to see Ivo at a festival - he didn't even raise a smile, never mind a laugh!

Mae’s Feel Good series is good but possibly not to your taste if you’re not enjoying them!

Kiel’s dance was impressive.

Think Rise and Fall might be the worst high profile reality game show I've seen. It's desperate to be The Traitors, but the arguments aren't interesting or long enough. The games are ill thought out and in one instance a big set piece - one that must've taken ages to set up - was over and abandoned in 2 minutes when someone confused a sextant for a metronome. The luxury the rulers live in is basically a posh hotel, except you're there with no tele, no music, no phone and have to live with the biggest loudmouths from work. They also do that Love Island think where the contestants tell the camera what they were doing and how they were feeling, but after the fact, instead of showing it. Big Brother would show you a story, but these days you're told one.

4 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Think Rise and Fall might be the worst high profile reality game show I've seen. It's desperate to be The Traitors, but the arguments aren't interesting or long enough. The games are ill thought out and in one instance a big set piece - one that must've taken ages to set up - was over and abandoned in 2 minutes when someone confused a sextant for a metronome. The luxury the rulers live in is basically a posh hotel, except you're there with no tele, no music, no phone and have to live with the biggest loudmouths from work. They also do that Love Island think where the contestants tell the camera what they were doing and how they were feeling, but after the fact, instead of showing it. Big Brother would show you a story, but these days you're told one.

Gave up after the first week (it’s still going on?) due to everything you have said. Basically it was Apprentice contestants in a penthouse.

Welp I can’t imagine I’ll be watching an episode of television that even comes close to being as good as the latest episode of Succession any time soon. Fuck me, give that show and all the lead actors all of the awards. Gonna be so sad when it’s finished for good in a couple of months. 

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Welp I can’t imagine I’ll be watching an episode of television that even comes close to being as good as the latest episode of Succession any time soon. Fuck me, give that show and all the lead actors all of the awards. Gonna be so sad when it’s finished for good in a couple of months. 

My internet's down and can't get an engineer out until later in the week. Which is pretty quick by Openreach standards I know, especially with the bank holidays. But of all the bloody weeks...

22 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

My internet's down and can't get an engineer out until later in the week. Which is pretty quick by Openreach standards I know, especially with the bank holidays. But of all the bloody weeks...

Devastating. Try and stay away from Twitter/the usual spoilery places because this is definitely an episode you want to go in to blind and I’ve already seen a few bits here and there. 

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Devastating. Try and stay away from Twitter/the usual spoilery places because this is definitely an episode you want to go in to blind and I’ve already seen a few bits here and there. 

Goddammit, might just have seen a clue to a spoiler. Won't say what here so I don't potentially spoil for others, but was just scrolling through some headlines. Not even TV headlines. Might not be what I think it is, but I think it is.

On 3/24/2023 at 3:11 PM, fred quimby said:

Enjoying Mandalorian.

Still enjoying it?

The latest episode is up there with some of the worst Star Wars content I’ve ever seen and I’ve watched the holiday special. 

The quality has dropped off big time and now it’s just Disney milking the cash cow. It should have been a one season series. It had the perfect way to end it and it’s been on a downhill trajectory since.