guypjfreak

Just now, Quark said:

Bit of a rollercoaster day yesterday, but news ends up good.  Found out that one of my mates from rugby went into hospital with Covid19 and pneumonia last week, and has been in an induced coma and on a ventilator for a week.  And then later that same day I get the update that they've successfully taken him off the ventilator and he is awake! 

Still not out out of the woods completely, but important to share the good news of him breathing unaided again I thought :)

Great news that he's off the ventilator Quark. So many stories about the poor odds once people are in intensive care, we need to hear the positives now.

10 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Beautiful pic Chris,  I'd buy a print of that.

Took it from back garden, not often we get a cloudless night here! Would much prefer to be walking in the hills but restrictions mean I stick to country roads and pathways for my hours exercise. I realise I am much luckier than most others.

my good news is that my daughter in NZ has tested negative for the virus, she’s an essential worker and was showing symptoms. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Took it from back garden, not often we get a cloudless night here! Would much prefer to be walking in the hills but restrictions mean I stick to country roads and pathways for my hours exercise. I realise I am much luckier than most others.

my good news is that my daughter in NZ has tested negative for the virus, she’s an essential worker and was showing symptoms. 

Added to that it looks like NZ are doing an amazing job (touch wood ) with the virus ... I’ve just been reading about it 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thanks, she had a bit of a temp and quite severe sinusitis, never been well since she was at a Rick Ashley and Aha gig a month ago😁.  She’s now attempting to work from home with a five and a seven year old running about. 

Urgh, got sinusitis when I was a student.  Thoroughly unpleasant.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Bit of a rollercoaster day yesterday, but news ends up good.  Found out that one of my mates from rugby went into hospital with Covid19 and pneumonia last week, and has been in an induced coma and on a ventilator for a week.  And then later that same day I get the update that they've successfully taken him off the ventilator and he is awake! 

Still not out out of the woods completely, but important to share the good news of him breathing unaided again I thought :)

Wishing your mate all the best Quark. Your family and friends are your most important treasures.

32 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thanks, she had a bit of a temp and quite severe sinusitis, never been well since she was at a Rick Ashley and Aha gig a month ago😁.  She’s now attempting to work from home with a five and a seven year old running about. 

Who would be well after a Rick Ashley and Aha gig?

Happy to hear your good news though. That must have been terrifying for all concerned.

"Indeed, you have to wonder if the virus is so very different from extractive capitalism. It commandeers the manufacturing elements of its hosts, gets them to make stuff for it; kills a fair few, but not enough to stop it spreading. There is no normal for us to go back to. People sleeping in the streets wasn’t normal; children living in poverty wasn’t normal; neither was our taxes helping to bomb the people of Yemen. Using other people’s lives to pile up objects wasn’t normal, the whole thing was absurd. Governments are currently busy pouring money into propping up existing inequalities, and bailing out businesses that have made their shareholders rich. The world’s worst people think that everybody is going to come out of this in a few months and go willingly back into a kind of numbing servitude. Surely it’s time to start imagining something better."

--Frankie Boyle

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Spring blossom 

IMG_20200408_114814531.jpg

DSC02721.JPG

Are you leaving these out for people to discover? If so are you aware of the Free Art Friday movement? Either way this is a nice news story from the not too distant past 

My Dog Sighs is doing some lovely covid related stuff at the moment too

91908185_10158350697416468_7446017675307778048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=mANCuToHSFEAX_IrMUP&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=13a927a343869ace502d6e63187d4be6&oe=5EB2D14D

92281979_10158349576531468_2328097914833862656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=j-D3MOi2Uq4AX-far3x&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=f08d0292d856115fc867a0c68177ad61&oe=5EB65D5A

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Are you leaving these out for people to discover? If so are you aware of the Free Art Friday movement?

Hello Tommy101,

Thanks for posting that bit of information, as I wasn't aware of it. I'm going to have a look in to that as I've got more of my own artwork than I need. A lot of it is just gathering dust in the garage. Strangely enough I had thought of dropping my artwork around different public places, as a sort of guerilla promotional thing for my art. However, I was going to do that when I had a website, the creation of which is beyond my very inadequate IT skills.

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

That made me feel both very melancholy, but hugely excited for 440 days time!

Yea know what you mean, well it is Glasto Monday with music to suit! When I watch it it makes me wonder how many amazing stories of the weekend all those people are taking home with them.

Clapped for all those that are keeping us safe.. Not forgetting all the time bin men, shop workers, etc.. 

Sad news.. There's always some and yes I know its ages away but..... 

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/bournemouth/bh1-1/june-weather/326983?year=2020