guypjfreak

11 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Some good news… I got married! And the weather was absolutely incredible for it too! 
I wanted to share one of our wedding gifts with you all as I know you’ll all appreciate it. My friend drew this from scratch, must have taken her AGES! 

4D0E36F8-B917-4133-83C0-7AAD4CD38C41.jpeg

Congratulations, and what a tremendous pressie, much better that a set of cutlery! 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Some good news… I got married! And the weather was absolutely incredible for it too! 
I wanted to share one of our wedding gifts with you all as I know you’ll all appreciate it. My friend drew this from scratch, must have taken her AGES! 

Aw that's a proper great present!! What a great friend. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Fabulous news....congratulations to you both....and what a wonderful gift that you can treasure forever.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Congratulations mate, hope you had a great day 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Apparently winning glastonbury tickets was a life highlight … with this a close second …. And the wedding in 3rd place @DareToDibble 😀

Yes I just realised I didn't even comment on the wedding. I'm so sorry @DareToDibbleMany congratulations to you and your wife. Wishing you many years of happiness. What can I say I'm a sucker for great art. 

If it's any consolation I treated my own wedding day with similar disregard. We got married abroad and when I got back someone asked me was it the best day of my life, I said it wasn't even the best day of that trip!! Nothing against my husband who I am still married to 16 years later but the whole getting all dressed up etc isn't exactly my favourite thing to do and our wedding/honeymoon trip did have some bloody great day tours etc in it. It certainly wouldn't compare to winning Glastonbury tickets. You have no idea how hot I was in that dress and make up and apparently swimming in your wedding dress is frowned upon 😄 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Congrats pal!

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I just realised I didn't even comment on the wedding. I'm so sorry @DareToDibbleMany congratulations to you and your wife. Wishing you many years of happiness. What can I say I'm a sucker for great art. 

If it's any consolation I treated my own wedding day with similar disregard. We got married abroad and when I got back someone asked me was it the best day of my life, I said it wasn't even the best day of that trip!! Nothing against my husband who I am still married to 16 years later but the whole getting all dressed up etc isn't exactly my favourite thing to do and our wedding/honeymoon trip did have some bloody great day tours etc in it. It certainly wouldn't compare to winning Glastonbury tickets. You have no idea how hot I was in that dress and make up and apparently swimming in your wedding dress is frowned upon 😄 

First thing I did at our wedding after the ceremony bit (absolutely roasting) was to tell everyone they should take off jackets, go and change into shorts, whatever.  Got the biggest cheer of the day 😄

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

First thing I did at our wedding after the ceremony bit (absolutely roasting) was to tell everyone they should take off jackets, go and change into shorts, whatever.  Got the biggest cheer of the day 😄

Good shout. We were in a hotel on the Cook Islands and it was just the 2 of us but there was a big night where there was a big Island feast showcasing fire dancing and local dancing and they gave us the front table so I kind of felt that I had to stay dressed up. It got my husband lots of free drinks so he was happy. 

33 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm not sure if they were having me on but someone told me that nobody else could take their jackets off at the wedding meal until I did on top table. 

Luckily for them I would happily have worn shorts and flip flops to the wedding if I'd have been allowed so it was off immediately 😄 

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I'm not sure if they were having me on but someone told me that nobody else could take their jackets off at the wedding meal until I did on top table. 

Luckily for them I would happily have worn shorts and flip flops to the wedding if I'd have been allowed so it was off immediately 😄 

Yep, that's the tradition. Load of old nonsense, but there we go

15 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yes there's a similarly ridiculous one with hats for women they can't take them off until the mother of the bride does. 

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yep, that's the tradition. Load of old nonsense, but there we go

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes there's a similarly ridiculous one with hats for women they can't take them off until the mother of the bride does. 

I can confirm that (rightly so) everyone took theirs off the minute the photographers were done with us all. These rules are bonkers.

20 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Got to be Eavis style denim shorts, obligatory for all guests male and female 

9 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I can confirm that (rightly so) everyone took theirs off the minute the photographers were done with us all. These rules are bonkers.

Yes all the faff associated with weddings is one of the reasons that it was just my husband and I on a Polynesian Island 😄 

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Thats amazing and what a beautiful gift. many congratulations to you are your new wife x

11 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Brilliant old son 

We brought lady Ruby a bike with all the bits for her 9th birthday.... Unfortunately she and the house hold are in lockdown with covid.... Her dad was a Yea what ever and boommmm he got it quite bad and now the family has it but not too bad thankfully.. It just means lady Ruby will have a lock down birthday..