guypjfreak

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Well that's the old man done. Second jab and a gin and tonic and he's a happy 83 year old 

That sounds like a result, alright. 

My mom had her second jab last Saturday, so that was a result. She went a bit barmy this evening though, but not unhandleable. Now I've had a smoke and gone a bit barmy. It runs in the family. Should be able to handle it though. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yet again, another beautiful view.

What did you do with the golf balls? I'd have been tempted to leave them on one of the greens, spelling something out. I'd probably go for the words 'Help Me', but that could, potentially, leave somebody actually thinking that somebody else actually needed some type of help, so maybe not.

Years ago golf balls were really expensive. Back then, If you got enough of them, you could sell them to a second-hand shop and make a lot of money from them. I don’t know what they’re worth now though.

1 hour ago, stt11 said:

Years ago golf balls were really expensive. Back then, If you got enough of them, you could sell them to a second-hand shop and make a lot of money from them. I don’t know what they’re worth now though.

I shall have to find out their price as I have stacks of golf balls (new and used) in my garage. I don't play golf, so I may as well try to sell them now that people can play golf again. I did once have a go at golf but it took me 12 'goes' to get the ball in the first hole. I lost interest in the game at that very point and have never played since. Mind you, I did go out with a woman (for 10 years) who said that she'd leave me if I started playing golf. She very much associated the game with w*nkers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I shall have to find out their price as I have stacks of golf balls (new and used) in my garage. I don't play golf, so I may as well try to sell them now that people can play golf again. I did once have a go at golf but it took me 12 'goes' to get the ball in the first hole. I lost interest in the game at that very point and have never played since. Mind you, I did go out with a woman (for 10 years) who said that she'd leave me if I started playing golf. She very much associated the game with w*nkers.

From what I can remember, if you find them on the golf course, some end up being worth more than others. That’s how you used to be able to get a good price from a large yield.

58 minutes ago, stt11 said:

From what I can remember, if you find them on the golf course, some end up being worth more than others. That’s how you used to be able to get a good price from a large yield.

Yes, I've got a few boxes of new Dunlop golf balls in both white and yellow, which I should imagine are more costly than others. I ended up with these balls because in the past I bought cheap golf club sets (ie in cheap golf club bags), and cut the heads off the golf clubs to make coat hook rails. I found all these balls inside the bags. In fact, i was given two golf club bags with golf clubs and balls for free as people were just getting rid of them for free.

This type of thing;

My first golf club coat racks! - by SawdustyDan @ LumberJocks.com ~  woodworking community

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, I've got a few boxes of new Dunlop golf balls in both white and yellow, which I should imagine are more costly than others. I ended up with these balls because in the past I bought cheap golf club sets (ie in cheap golf club bags), and cut the heads off the golf clubs to make coat hook rails. I found all these balls inside the bags. In fact, i was given two golf club bags with golf clubs and balls for free as people were just getting rid of them for free.

This type of thing;

My first golf club coat racks! - by SawdustyDan @ LumberJocks.com ~  woodworking community

Waste of a good walk lolol 

OK old sons 

For April fools turn your TV to black and white.... Tell the kids that you haven’t paid TV color bill.. 

We have lady Ruby and the other 2 babes in the morning..but lady Ruby's face Should be funny... 

Have to admit.. Not my idea but the wife's lol 

*** incoming w*nker alert ***

If my knees werent so dodgy i would out on the golf course like a shot...

far from it being "a good walk spoilt" i always found it a great escape from whatever your woes.. focussing on you versus a little ball can be all consuming. You dont need to be brilliant to play just able to repeat(ish) a technique..

a mate and i used to get out at 6:30 on a sunday morning and you would be home to get breakfast for the family..

OK.. im not selling it right..??

Anyway, Glastonbury is great.. honest im not really a w*nker 😉

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This type of thing;

That's great, nice idea. I'm not into golf but do a lot property clearances and end up with loads of golf stuff. Just wondering, how did you fix the club heads to the wood?

36 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

*** incoming w*nker alert ***

If my knees werent so dodgy i would out on the golf course like a shot...

far from it being "a good walk spoilt" i always found it a great escape from whatever your woes.. focussing on you versus a little ball can be all consuming. You dont need to be brilliant to play just able to repeat(ish) a technique..

a mate and i used to get out at 6:30 on a sunday morning and you would be home to get breakfast for the family..

OK.. im not selling it right..??

Anyway, Glastonbury is great.. honest im not really a w*nker 😉

No interest in it myself, but I've got a mate who's really in to it, is really bad at it, shows no sign of improving and gets really angry about it. So my fun is derived from watching him send himself insane. It's genuinely very entertaining. 

Apparently what I see afterwards is nothing compared to how he is out on the course. 

45 minutes ago, Cooter said:

That's great, nice idea. I'm not into golf but do a lot property clearances and end up with loads of golf stuff. Just wondering, how did you fix the club heads to the wood?

I drilled the holes so that the stems of the clubs would be pointing upright. Then I partially filled the holes with 2 parts epoxy resin and popped the club ends into their respective holes. Then I wiped the excess glue off thoroughly. Then I sanded those previous on top. Then I left overnight.

I've made other coat hook rails to. I shall now see if I can get one up on here - 

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

It is a different type of rehab

Hello Neil,

The penny has finally just dropped as to where you are. That therapy is intriguing. Well, the lack of knowledge about it is. Anyway, I hope that you are benefiting from it, and get to a good place. You have people here who are rooting for you. However, you've got people much closer to you also. I hope that you as a family nail this one. And live happily there ever after.

All the best.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the wife is saying no the meanie.

im doing ok would be doing better if i could get home.

aw, she might change her mind on Sunday 🙂 

Yeah I bet, I'm sure you know this already but we're all thinking of you! Hopefully it wont be too much longer before you can get back home! However, there is always the possibility they really enjoy your company and want to keep you forever 😄