When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s staggering, his refusal to criticise the U.K. governments handling of the virus yet completely tears into the WHO. To note I think the WHO haven’t been great either.

You’ll realise that that person doesn’t do any research into his point, as you’ve done you’ll have to do so yourself. He also breaches the governments current COVID guidelines so that’s the type of person you’re dealing with. 

Can we try and keep things friendly?  We all have different views but getting nasty/personal isn't really necessary is it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You get involved in conversations half way through without properly understating what’s being discussed.

The point of criticising the WHO is that their words and actions have had a direct impact on how well each country has been able to deal with the pandemic. People are suggesting the WHO was warning us about it back in January and February, but they themselves were too reluctant to classify it as something it clearly was a long time before that. 

You do realise you can read an entire conversation, join in half way and still comment properly on the discussion. I’ve been involved in the discussion all day.
They warned us about it back in Jan/Feb and we still did nothing, in fact the PM skipped 5 COBRA meetings and went on holiday. Them officially classifying it as a pandemic was too late (and I’ve said I think they’ve handled this badly) but it shouldn’t have stopped us from acting.

@Cream Soda I fully get your point, however when many of us have kept to the rules to the letter to see one of us that has been here from the start now flaunt those rules I’m going to call them out. Unless we are ok with people picking and choosing what rules to follow?

3 minutes ago, paulshane said:

thats saying completly different things to the 'infographic' posted up there ^

They were posted on the same tweet, with another link too. I think it's essentially just a message to be careful what you're buying. The WHO guidelines - https://t.co/pg7S1aqWiz?amp=1 - from page 9 onwards even indicate that a cloth mask is more effective than none. I've only bought cloth masks but I'm in a job where I won't be allowed to wear one anyway and I'm still shielding till August.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You do realise you can read an entire conversation, join in half way and still comment properly on the discussion. I’ve been involved in the discussion all day.
They warned us about it back in Jan/Feb and we still did nothing, in fact the PM skipped 5 COBRA meetings and went on holiday. Them officially classifying it as a pandemic was too late (and I’ve said I think they’ve handled this badly) but it shouldn’t have stopped us from acting.

@Cream Soda I fully get your point, however when many of us have kept to the rules to the letter to see one of us that has been here from the start now flaunt those rules I’m going to call them out. Unless we are ok with people picking and choosing what rules to follow?

You've mentioned it quite a few times now, though. I'm sure loads of people have made small transgressions. I don't think it's helpful to zone in on that when the discussion here should be at a wider level.

You know I agree with you generally about the government response, just don't want to see this derailed into a personal argument particularly.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Oz in fairness here I was about to pm you and say the very same thing .... your passion is notable and I agree with many things you say ... if someone hasn't kept to the letter of the rules doesnt mean that shouldn't call them out for that ... but it doesnt make every other point they make wrong .... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

For anyone who is interested about what he’s on about, I made the point the other day that I went to the pub with 7 friends, we booked a table but the pub weren’t worried about socially distancing us or checking if we were from the same household. So we sat on some benches in in beer garden together in our group of 7. So we technically breached the 6 people outside, 1m apart rule. It was really more a comment on the opening of pubs and how they’re dealing with it than my own behaviour. 

29 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

If it has 0% protection against the virus coming in, how much more can it have to stop it getting out? The 0% can't be right really, as there has to be some protection against larger droplets (both ways) surely?

So that is 0% effective at stopping an airborne virus on it's own. If the virus relies on droplets then you need a moisture percentage on that chart. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can someone post the stats?

I only saw the deaths one on the guardian feed- not sure where people got the infection rate!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/jul/14/uk-coronavirus-live-news-updates-boris-johnson-face-masks

EDIT, actually that says there were 398 lab confirmed new cases (not sure if that includes all new cases?)

Edited by Mr.Tease

won't link the mail ....

Britain records 138 more coronavirus deaths as daily fatalities continue to drop — but the average number of new Covid-19 infections is HIGHER than it was last week, official data reveals

• Government statistics show the official death toll now stands at 44,968, with 81 deaths on average each day
  • The rolling seven-day average of daily deaths is down 14% on last Tuesday's 95, according to health bosses
  • Separate ONS data showed the number of Covid-19 deaths has dropped to the lowest levels since mid-March
  • But other official statistics show the number of people testing positive each day is higher this week than last
  • Just 398 cases were confirmed but the rolling average now stands at 597 — 4% higher than last Tuesday's 575
  • The apparent spike in cases comes little more than a week after Britain took the first steps back to normal life