When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Honestly don't think any country (minus pure tiny ones) will match the UK with vaccine uptake. Combine that with the amount of people that have already had covid plus how good the vaccines are and the fact they quite clearly reduce transmission then it looks very optimistic going forward.

Still can't go to a beer garden in Scotland for another week lol 

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Honestly don't think any country (minus pure tiny ones) will match the UK with vaccine uptake. Combine that with the amount of people that have already had covid plus how good the vaccines are and the fact they quite clearly reduce transmission then it looks very optimistic going forward.

Still can't go to a beer garden in Scotland for another week lol 

Wales are flying as well but Drakeford the fun sponge is determined to steal any sort of positives away from the general public. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Whoop whoop ... that’s amazing news ... so based on that it’s gonna be 0 next week ... although I’m sure at the lower end there will be some daily fluctuations ... we should see the impact of the latest lifting of restrictions soon too ... 

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Is Israel essentially at herd immunity levels with around 60 percent of their population vaccinated? They seem to be opening up and cases still going down.

I think they've only just dropped the masks outside mandate they had so will be interesting to know when they drop masks inside as well as I think that's all they have left in place restriction wise?

Sure someone will be able to confirm or correct me on that though.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

I think they've only just dropped the masks outside mandate they had so will be interesting to know when they drop masks inside as well as I think that's all they have left in place restriction wise?

They have some sort of vaccine passport thing to get in places though...right? I assume no masks and social distancing in these places....?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Not been to the pub yet. Can't be arsed with the whole table booking social distance thing. Can't wait to the day when can just walk into any pub whenever and order a drink from the bar. I guess won't be able to do that until at the earliest June21st.

Yeah I hate the lack of spontaneity Covid restrictions bring about. Hard to tell if i want to go to a beer garden in X weeks time especially when the weather is so shite here.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Perplexed that masks outside has ever been a rule anywhere tbh. How many more studies do people need showing where covid does and doesn't spread?!

Just now, steviewevie said:

They have some sort of vaccine passport thing to get in places though...right? I assume no masks and social distancing in these places....?

Oh yes of course.

I need to shoot out now otherwise i'd do some investigating. I'll have to leave that to another of this threads intrepid investigators 🙂

I know it's a Monday but 4 is absolutely incredible. Given that the vulnerable were vaccinated by 15th February, allowing for a 3 week lag from jab to protection and then another month from infection to death, we should be looking at a situation now where the only people dying are anti vaxxers, the tiny few who the vaccine didn't work for or the horrendously unlucky few non-vulnerable people who died from the virus. I expect deaths to stay at this minimally low level.

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah I hate the lack of spontaneity Covid restrictions bring about. Hard to tell if i want to go to a beer garden in X weeks time especially when the weather is so shite here.

All the pubs round me I can just walk into the beer garden and sit down? No table booking, it’s it’s empty you grab it

16 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I know it's a Monday but 4 is absolutely incredible. Given that the vulnerable were vaccinated by 15th February, allowing for a 3 week lag from jab to protection and then another month from infection to death, we should be looking at a situation now where the only people dying are anti vaxxers, the tiny few who the vaccine didn't work for or the horrendously unlucky few non-vulnerable people who died from the virus. I expect deaths to stay at this minimally low level.

And to be fair these could easily be back dated to back before a load of the vaccines were done - some really random ones from weeks ago seem to creep in

Edited by efcfanwirral