When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

This sort of thing makes it more likely they'll be sent back due to Tory (and their voters!)  contempt for Unions 

Only if they have enough teachers in to staff them ... I’d imagine quite a high proportion of teachers are in unions 

Looks like the EU messed up

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/01/france-to-step-up-covid-jabs-after-claims-of-bowing-to-anti-vaxxers?__twitter_impression=true

BioNTech criticises EU failure to order enough Covid vaccine

The variance in rollouts across Europe is astonishing. Britain has vaccinated a million people, Germany 130k, France 322.

16 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Screenshot_20210101-214504~2.png

Something doesn’t add up here...

This data shows next to no hospital admissions in the under 45 groups which cannot be reconciled with all the doctors tweeting things like “ICU full of previously healthy people in their 30s”

Either the data is wrong, which I doubt given that it comes from the reliable ONS and PHE, or it’s completely out of date which would suggest that the new strain is causing more serious illness in younger adults, which I haven’t seen suggested by other academics.

OR there’s a conspiracy in play to try and convince younger adults that they’re personally at risk so they start taking it more seriously. If this is the case I’d genuinely prefer it if they just came out and told us we aren’t at risk but we still need to be careful to avoid passing the virus on to a vulnerable person, but perhaps the powers that be have deduced that a large percentage of young people don’t care about this and the only way to get them on board is to scare them into avoiding the virus.

The data doesn’t reconcile to what the doctors are telling us so one or the other has to be wrong. I’d be interested to see more recent data. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

This data shows next to no hospital admissions in the under 45 groups which cannot be reconciled with all the doctors tweeting things like “ICU full of previously healthy people in their 30s”

Either the data is wrong, which I doubt given that it comes from the reliable ONS and PHE, or it’s completely out of date which would suggest that the new strain is causing more serious illness in younger adults, which I haven’t seen suggested by other academics.

OR there’s a conspiracy in play to try and convince younger adults that they’re personally at risk so they start taking it more seriously. If this is the case I’d genuinely prefer it if they just came out and told us we aren’t at risk but we still need to be careful to avoid passing the virus on to a vulnerable person, but perhaps the powers that be have deduced that a large percentage of young people don’t care about this and the only way to get them on board is to scare them into avoiding the virus.

The data doesn’t reconcile to what the doctors are telling us so one or the other has to be wrong. I’d be interested to see more recent data. 

probably a conspiracy

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Or  there are a few wards with younger  patients but the broader picture is that it isn't younger people aren't being effected more.

Edited by zahidf

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The key is are a greater percentage of infected young adults ending up in hospital.

Yeah. And nothing in the stats to indicate that. Individual health professionals have probably seen some younger people but not enough to be statistically significant.

21 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I was thinking about this yesterday as I had the same thoughts. I reckon it's down to the numbers and circumstances.

Its measured in that graph per 100,000 so that is a still not zero. 

And generally many of those in ICUs feeling the need to speak out because things are so bad will be in the areas most affected, where higher numbers overall come in, so that increases the probability that those numbers include younger people. So it probably has gone up since December 13th because cases have gone through the roof, but most likely the number of young people admitted is proportional with that graph if that makes sense. 

35 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The data is several weeks old, those were admissions will be from infections at the late/ end of November where cases from the new strain were a lot lower.