When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

20 minutes ago, zahidf said:

@Toilet Duck any particular reason why the EU are so far behind relatively from the UK/US on vaccine approval? Curious on this one

20201201_221233.jpg

EMA only got the data yesterday! They are doing both the Pfizer and Moderna together. December 29th is also the latest they have said the will meet to decide, nothing stopping them doing it earlier if the data is unequivocal. FDA have had the data for about 10 days or so and will meet on December 10th for their decision...pretty similar timeframe to how long the EMA will evaluate for. They should all take their time and be sure of the data (normally you have the best part of a year to decide, so all the agencies are working pretty quickly on this). 

8 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

EMA only got the data yesterday! They are doing both the Pfizer and Moderna together. December 29th is also the latest they have said the will meet to decide, nothing stopping them doing it earlier if the data is unequivocal. FDA have had the data for about 10 days or so and will meet on December 10th for their decision...pretty similar timeframe to how long the EMA will evaluate for. They should all take their time and be sure of the data (normally you have the best part of a year to decide, so all the agencies are working pretty quickly on this). 

Ah cool. Fingers crossed it gets done as soon as! 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so...this is good...

As if the government give a shit about animals. This was clear from them being fine with chlorinated chicken thing. They just want good or for Brexit. "At least this came out of it etc" though am glad it's happening regardless

5 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

As if the government give a shit about animals. This was clear from them being fine with chlorinated chicken thing. They just want good or for Brexit. "At least this came out of it etc" though am glad it's happening regardless

Yeah they have a long way to go to show they care about animal welfare, I agree this be to show any good news about Brexit. Weren’t they talking about decriminalising fox hunting earlier this year?

now for something completely different:

SPOTY is a joke for not including rashford. awards are for tories at the best of times but just looked through a list of winners and its just a compilation of some of the stiffest, personality-less gimps in sport. and to drive home the point of it being tory AF the queens granddaughter and her sister have both won it. each for successfully sitting on and bossing around another creature (of course they were gonna be good at that). princess anne's win was the same year george best got third in ballon dor- surely thats better?

if ronnie o sullivan wins i take it all back. but he wont.

image.png

Edited by mattiloy
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

SPOTY is a joke for not including rashford. awards are for tories at the best of times but just looked through a list of winners and its just a compilation of some of the stiffest, personality-less gimps in sport. and to drive home the point of it being tory AF the queens granddaughter and her sister have both won it. each for successfully sitting on and bossing around another creature (of course they were gonna be good at that). princess anne's win was the same year george best got third in ballon dor- surely thats better?

image.png

Surely Hamilton should win it this year?

I think Rashford is getting a special award. But in sporting terms.... he doesn't deserve a nomination 

• Upvote 1

I’d have nominated Rashford especially given the lack of actual sport that took place this year but I also take their point that the award is given to the sports athlete that has achieved the best results in 2020 (Lewis Hamilton IMHO) and not as a reward for doing charity work to someone who happens to play football.

So, I’d have liked to seen Rashford on the nominations but I completely get why they’ve not. Hamilton is the rightful winner this year for me given what he’s achieved. 

9 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

if ronnie o sullivan wins i take it all back. but he wont.

image.png

Not sure why people rage every year about “personality”, the award is for sporting achievement. Can you name one person on that list who didn’t achieve something special in sport? Marcus Rashford has no outstanding sporting achievements to his name so far in his career. Although I’m sure he will get a special award for his work outside of sport. 

edit to add: you are also *so* wrong about it being “Tory AF”.

Edited by ModernMan

1 minute ago, ModernMan said:

Not sure why people rage every year about “personality”, the award is for sporting achievement. Can you name one person on that list who didn’t achieve something special in sport? Marcus Rashford has no outstanding sporting achievements to his name so far in his career. Although I’m sure he will get a special award for his work outside of sport. 

"Earlier this week, the BBC announced Rashford would not be in the running for the Sports Personality of the Year award, but instead will be recognised with a Panel Special Award at December’s show in Salford."

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Surely Hamilton should win it this year?

I think Rashford is getting a special award. But in sporting terms.... he doesn't deserve a nomination 

why can't they just give it to rashford this covid year as a gesture? half of 2020s sporting events have been cancelled anyway so it was never really an even playing field.

hamilton will win it because he's a dull, meek stiff idiot and judging by the past winners that seems to be a prerequisite. but why is ronnie's feat of becoming the most decorated snooker player in history deemed lesser?

particularly when ronnie's snooker cue didn't do half his job for him..

Just now, mattiloy said:

why can't they just give it to rashford this covid year as a gesture? half of 2020s sporting events have been cancelled anyway so it was never really an even playing field.

hamilton will win it because he's a dull, meek stiff idiot and judging by the past winners that seems to be a prerequisite. but why is ronnie's feat of becoming the most decorated snooker player in history deemed lesser?

particularly when ronnie's snooker cue didn't do half his job for him..

Oh, I dont mind ronnie winning it. Hamilton equalled Schumacher's record though and clearly has had an excellent sporting year.

But rashford is getting a special award for his charity work anyway.

I guess you’re trolling but both Ronnie and Hamilton have been nominated as equals. The public decide who wins. 

I’m not Hamilton’s biggest fan but your comments are way out of line. I suppose you could do what he does then as the car does half the work? 

1 minute ago, ModernMan said:

I guess you’re trolling but both Ronnie and Hamilton have been nominated as equals. The public decide who wins. 

I’m not Hamilton’s biggest fan but your comments are way out of line. I suppose you could do what he does then as the car does half the work? 

piece of cake, i've played gran turismo once or twice, done some mean doughnuts on the asda car park.

then ronnie should walk it because hamilton is a boring bastard. but then people voted for brexit and like coldplay jez, you can't trust people.

but in all seriousness, it is pathetic that a competition can be so unequal. give them all the same car and then see how they get on. but then inequality is natural i guess because its a big tory sport, by tories for tories all the way through.