When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

The one thing that Boris has is good political antenna, I wonder if he is seeing the the wind of change from over the Atlantic and realises that he needs a deal with Europe, to achieve this he needs to cut adrift a few people who will block him achieving this. Rumour is that Frost is also unhappy with events.

Yes, you might well be onto something there, smart!

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

What line of work are you in, out of interest? At pretty much every business I’ve ever worked at people regularly use resignation threats to leverage pay rises, promotions, more interesting tasks etc. It’s very normal. 

That's what I'm saying, if he was going to resign out of principle he would have probably done it with no warning, by threatening to first, he's open to being placated. 

I don't think I've ever been considered indispensable, so I don't think it would work if I threatened to resign, so I've never tried it! 😂 I've quit before a few times, most recently a few years ago due to ethics (knew they weren't going to change the policy, and didn't want to be talked into accepting it so just handed in my notice as undramatically as I could!) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

That's what I'm saying, if he was going to resign out of principle he would have probably done it with no warning, by threatening to first, he's open to being placated. 

I don't think I've ever been considered indispensable, so I don't think it would work if I threatened to resign, so I've never tried it! 😂 I've quit before a few times, most recently a few years ago due to ethics (knew they weren't going to change the policy, and didn't want to be talked into accepting it so just handed in my notice as undramatically as I could!) 

I don't think Johnson would want to keep Cummings on for much longer anyway...as has been suggested on here. Brexit will be finished soon, and still too much unhappiness over Cummings and his Barnard castle thing...and govt operation has been so shit this year maybe Cummings isn't the genius he and other think he is.

5 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

It will be interesting, Gove will only ever be PM in a coup, he will never win a General Election. 

Yeah pretty much. I don’t think he’d appeal to the wider public. Boris was able to do something that no Tory leader had done in decades by winning a large majority so I’m not sure there’s anyone else that can do that currently. 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Cummings is so unpopular with backbench MPs and tory members....if teamed up with Gove they wouldn't stand a chance.

Yes yes, sunak or patel are probably the bookies favourites in the event of a vote of no confidence. Gove would be fairly far down the pack.

Gove and cummings will always be outsiders/loners because in the end politics is a personality contest and they are just not likeable. They’re odd and awkward and will only get a sniff at power by latching onto a popular buffoon like Johnson. Once that’s done, they’re done.

• Upvote 1