When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It could well be plateauing...but half term might be a factor...should know more where we are in a week or two.

Have a look at my post from Twitter, it doesn’t show that cases are plateauing unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

If you assume hospitalisations will keep rising forever then yes. But it didn't in Bolton

Maybe but at the moment they are rising, they might follow Bolton’s trend but we don’t know that for certain. All we do know is that currently they are rising. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Maybe but at the moment they are rising, they might follow Bolton’s trend but we don’t know that for certain. All we do know is that currently they are rising. 

Question worth asking though, did we not always expect them to rise? Just like the cases? How much of this is due to the Variant and how much is due to opening up over the last month or so?

Also, this...

Edited by Havors

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think there'll be a relaxation...just not to the extent that we all expected three or four weeks ago

Most likely - just wanted to put my 2 cents in that Gove is an outright liar. Will look you in the eyes when he lies to you.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think there'll be a relaxation...just not to the extent that we all expected three or four weeks ago

I expect they don't know for sure yet...it's all moving so fast and the decisions are potentially pretty bloody big...but I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.

8 minutes ago, Havors said:

Question worth asking though, did we not always expect them to rise? Just like the cases? How much of this is due to the Variant and how much is due to opening up over the last month or so?

Also, this...

Cases at the end of the 31 day period are very low, when those drop off that range that % will sadly rise. 

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Cases at the end of the 31 day period are very low, when those drop off that range that % will sadly rise. 

Yeah I guess so. 

I think data on discharges, ICU beds occupied, length of stay should also be taken into account.

Another question, is the data he is using differentiating between going to hospital with covid and staying in hospital with covid? There was data from Bolton the other day (if I recall correctly) showing that a bunch of those that went to hosptial with covid were sent home very soon after. Indicating a lot of people are overreacting with their symptoms?  Or at least being treated within an hour or two and sent home. 

Edited by Havors

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yeah I guess so. 

I think data on discharges, ICU beds occupied, length of stay should also be taken into account.

Another question, is the data he is using differentiating between going to hospital with covid and staying in hospital with covid? There was data from Bolton the other day (if I recall correctly) showing that a bunch of those that went to hosptial with covid were sent home very soon after. Indicating a lot of people are overreacting with their symptoms?  Or at least being treated within an hour or two and sent home. 

Such nuance doesn't work with a population that deals in 3 word slogans. It's now cases and hospitalisations that matter, and nothing else,

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

"The government has previously said it intends all adults to have been offered two doses of the vaccine by the end of July."

Well the Grauniad has certainly got that bit wrong as far as I know.

3 minutes ago, Copperface said:

"The government has previously said it intends all adults to have been offered two doses of the vaccine by the end of July."

Well the Grauniad has certainly got that bit wrong as far as I know.

I think “offered” is different to “had”. Technically, I have been offered my second jab - I just can’t actually have it until mid August 

Just now, mike46 said:

I think “offered” is different to “had”. Technically, I have been offered my second jab - I just can’t actually have it until mid August 

The target is for all adults to have been offered one dose, not two, by end July. That's unchanged afaik.

21 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yeah I guess so. 

Sorry but I don’t know the answers to those questions, I would ask him but he probably wouldn’t reply 😂

Just now, Ozanne said:

Sorry but I don’t know the answers to those questions, I would ask him but he probably wouldn’t reply 😂

Haha yeah he probably wouldnt. I was sort of talking to myself a bit and thinking out loud anyway ha