When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I've been thinking more about Johnsons Press Conference earlier especially regarding all of us who have been working from home for the last four months. So from next month we will have the opportunity of preserving the value of inner city commercial property for its investment fund and oligarch owners, all for the small cost of risking us and our families health, along with wasting a significant part of the day, by commuting in to a desk to do a job that we have been doing perfectly well from your own home. Oh and don't forget to go to Prêt for lunch.

All because the Prime Minister now says we can go back to work (offices) 'if it's safe', who determines if it's safe? Our Bosses? Sorry but I have no faith that bosses up and down the country are qualified to make that call. How will people know if it's safe to go into the office, if it's 'covid secure'? 

Boris Johnson also described for the UK it has 'been a great success', there has been 45k deaths. What would a disaster look like? Take a moment and just think what would a disaster look like if 45k deaths is success.

Was going to post pretty much that myself although it dosn't apply to me as I'm self employed and always kind of work from home.

Chief Med Officer says to work from home. Boris says go back to your workplace please and it's up to your boss to say it's safe...so boss liable if you all get plagued up..... not Govt's responsibility any more it's up to your boss and it will be all his fault.

And make sure that you all queue up in the local Pret and Starbucks at lunchtime. 

As Ozzy said, Boris and crew are fucking shitting themselves that a huge percentage of the population now know that they can work from home, avoid horrid commutes, avoid shit office environments, avoid shit overpriced food at lunchtime and their companies can save a fucking fortune in rent and all  the other overheads by either downsizing or abandoning their offices. 

Who loses? As Ozzy has said, the mega rich who own all the commercial properties....the offices, the Costa/Pret/McD's premises etc.

Yep, the very people who the Tories really look after.

Yep, make yourself a delicious salad sarnie at home  at lunchtime at a cost of just about bugger all and don't pay to commute and park. 

Remember to use salad cream not mayo on the buttie though ;)

(my longest post in years!)

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 5

14 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Well yeah, it's mitigated for in the years proceeding, as in they build up reserves over the years the festival is on to cover the fallow year. Problem is last fallow year was in 2018, so there's only been one year of profits since then, plus what was left over.

You're right we know what they lose in a normal fallow year (about 2 million) and that they have 6 million in the bank. What we don't know is what they've lost this year to unrecoverable costs. And indeed what's already booked in and unrecoverable for next year. I think they would survive another year off, just about, if they make the call on that in the next couple of months. But that would also wipe them out and leave them in an precarious position.

Although in some ways, it'd be even worse to run the festival and have the tickets not sell due to a lack of public confidence in attending such an event. I know all of us here find that ridiculous as an idea, but people who go to Glastonbury are the same people as are not going to pubs etc. right now. 

If they go for continued cycles of identical investment and the rug gets pulled, they're buggered, but they won't. They're very savvy and always exaggerate. Best festival ever. Best headliners lined up next year. Locals will shut us down if XYZ happens. I don't mind. It keeps it going. They're like that Ferguson fella with mind games. Don't worry for em, they'll be reet. You'll see next year, as there's every chance Glasto is not going to be going ahead...much as it pains me to say. Sympathy? Yup. Tons. They don't deserve this shit any more than any other business owner.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

If they go for continued cycles of identical investment and the rug gets pulled, they're buggered, but they won't. They're very savvy and always exaggerate. Best festival ever. Best headliners lined up next year. Locals will shut us down if XYZ happens. I don't mind. It keeps it going. They're like that Ferguson fella with mind games. Don't worry for em, they'll be reet. You'll see next year, as there's every chance Glasto is not going to be going ahead...much as it pains me to say. Sympathy? Yup. Tons. They don't deserve this shit any more than any other business owner.

Glastonbury very likely to go ahead next year. 

It's possible that the date will change to a bit later in the summer.

If it doesn't happen next year it will the following year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Glastonbury very likely to go ahead next year. 

It's possible that the date will change to a bit later in the summer.

If it doesn't happen next year it will the following year.

It'll deffo be on in 22 unless it's the end of days

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Was going to post pretty much that myself although it dosn't apply to me as I'm self employed and always kind of work from home.

Chief Med Officer says to work from home. Boris says go back to your workplace please and it's up to your boss to say it's safe...so boss liable if you all get plagued up..... not Govt's responsibility any more it's up to your boss and it will be all his fault.

And make sure that you all queue up in the local Pret and Starbucks at lunchtime. 

As Ozzy said, Boris and crew are fucking shitting themselves that a huge percentage of the population now know that they can work from home, avoid horrid commutes, avoid shit office environments, avoid shit overpriced food at lunchtime and their companies can save a fucking fortune in rent and all  the other overheads by either downsizing or abandoning their offices. 

Who loses? As Ozzy has said, the mega rich who own all the commercial properties....the offices, the Costa/Pret/McD's premises etc.

Yep, the very people who the Tories really look after.

Yep, make yourself a delicious salad sarnie at home  at lunchtime at a cost of just about bugger all and don't pay to commute and park. 

Remember to use salad cream not mayo on the buttie though ;)

(my longest post in years!)

Out of upvotes but very well said.

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Thanks for all your help and support guys. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t stressed out and nervous since things have reopened. I think I just need to try and chill a bit more and zone out rather than constant updates.

Nice to know that there’s all of us on here going through this horrible thing and that I can always come here for support when I’m feeling worried 🙂

We definitely are all in this together mate. I have a lot of anxiety about this next phase too, so I do know where you're coming from.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

15 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Cases and deaths higher than this time last week. How they can say the R is 0.7-0.9 and lift Leicester lockdown is beyond me 😔

Don’t worry - we are still ‘safely’ in lockdown here until at least the 1st August. The only easements we have are

- Schools can go back but the Summer break had already begun

- Non essential shops open on the 24th July but non essential travel is still in place, not sure how that works

There are areas in Leicester that have not had positive cases for weeks even with massive testing, there are currently 12 testing stations with testing for all whether you have symptoms or not. The hotspots are in 10% of the city with 90% of the city at or below the national averages. There really needs to be a more targeted approach to local lockdown not a blanket approach. This city will be a wasteland once this is over.

There are areas in the county which have now been ‘released’ from the lockdown (with higher infection rates than some areas of the city). City seats are all Labour, County are Conservative mmm ........

11 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Thanks for all your help and support guys. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t stressed out and nervous since things have reopened. I think I just need to try and chill a bit more and zone out rather than constant updates.

Nice to know that there’s all of us on here going through this horrible thing and that I can always come here for support when I’m feeling worried 🙂

So sorry Festival Jamie - my last post was tone deaf

It was posted before I had read the latest posts

I was in no way meaning to downplay your concerns - it was just my frustration with the situation in Leicester 

Edited by onthebeach

56 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Don’t worry - we are still ‘safely’ in lockdown here until at least the 1st August. The only easements we have are

- Schools can go back but the Summer break had already begun

- Non essential shops open on the 24th July but non essential travel is still in place, not sure how that works

There are areas in Leicester that have not had positive cases for weeks even with massive testing, there are currently 12 testing stations with testing for all whether you have symptoms or not. The hotspots are in 10% of the city with 90% of the city at or below the national averages. There really needs to be a more targeted approach to local lockdown not a blanket approach. This city will be a wasteland once this is over.

There are areas in the county which have now been ‘released’ from the lockdown (with higher infection rates than some areas of the city). City seats are all Labour, County are Conservative mmm ........

It sucks for you guys in Leciester, but if it makes you feel any better we (and I suspect many other people judging by the footfall reports) aren't living a significantly different life to what we were pre July 5th. I've had my haircut but that's it. Still not going to the pub or anything else particularly. I appreciate it's different because we have the choice, though.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
Football = footfall!

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It sucks for you guys in Leciester, but if it makes you feel any better we (and I suspect many other people judging by the footfall reports) aren't living a significantly different life to what we were pre July 5th. I've had my haircut but that's it. Still not going to the pub or anything else particularly. I appreciate it's different because we have the choice, though.

Thank you Zoo Girl

Selfishly, I don’t particularly want the shops, pubs, restaurants etc - I would just like a socially distanced camping trip before the Summer is over.

However, there are many people, businesses and families in Leicester outside the hotspots who are really struggling now and being left behind the rest of the country without a logical and consistent reason to do so

12 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

oh, no problems, it's a tough time. I just think a bit of self care is needed as well. Increased cases outside of your area isn't great but is probably something which you should.avoid reading about if it upsets you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Thank you Zoo Girl

Selfishly, I don’t particularly want the shops, pubs, restaurants etc - I would just like a socially distanced camping trip before the Summer is over.

However, there are many people, businesses and families in Leicester outside the hotspots who are really struggling now and being left behind the rest of the country without a logical and consistent reason to do so

Yes that's true. I do feel for the small businesses.

20 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also I'm sure you will get that camping trip! Quite a lot of summer left and I think the lockdown in Leicester won't be more than two weeks tops, probably earlier than that given the resistance locally.

Yes, we have a very interesting political/personality dynamic in Leicester that’s been going on for years that would take too long to explain and bore everyone with - but it has played its part in our lockdown 

I am not sure whether this more approach will be applied shortly when the legislation is in place.

This seems to have gone ‘under the radar’ in BJ speech yesterday - I’m not sure how I feel about the liberty/rights issues - in ‘normal’ times I would be so against this!

0ADA5B19-733F-4F0C-BF53-3A38CDC7BF2E.jpeg

On a positive note I thought I’d have a go at making my own face masks. Triple layer - cotton bandana lined with 1000 thread count cotton and pocket for disposable filter (cut up coffee filter). I’ve added toggles to the elastic for a better fit. Quite pleased with the result.

8980DA3E-AC87-420F-AAA4-C604840BB3FE.jpeg

32 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

On a positive note I thought I’d have a go at making my own face masks. Triple layer - cotton bandana lined with 1000 thread count cotton and pocket for disposable filter (cut up coffee filter). I’ve added toggles to the elastic for a better fit. Quite pleased with the result.

8980DA3E-AC87-420F-AAA4-C604840BB3FE.jpeg

I like that .... today ive been watching many attempts with people fiddling with masks that dont seem to be very well put on ... toggles seem a good idea ... Ive also witnessed 3  people taking masks off to have a chat  I also wonder if its worth the govt having some basic training videos on mask wearing on TV .... :( uptake is slowly increasing ... id say 40% today ....

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I like that .... today ive been watching many attempts with people fiddling with masks that dont seem to be very well put on ... toggles seem a good idea ... Ive also witnessed 3  people taking masks off to have a chat  I also wonder if its worth the govt having some basic training videos on mask wearing on TV .... :( uptake is slowly increasing ... id say 40% today ....

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The toggles are fairly neat as they are small flat discs that don’t irritate the ears!

047F34E0-6617-4928-87BD-F452EB1F86D2.jpeg