Favourite Set Ever

Sam Y

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 2:42 PM, Jacksamthompson said:

Greenday Secret Set 2012. 11am, NME stage. Ran back to get my band tee on. Straight in. Unreal. 

I know of someone who got a last minute day ticket after they teased it on radio earlier in the week, saw GD, then immediately left.

They lucked out that one perfectly well.

41 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

madness. worth it IMO

Bet it was. Gotta love having those crazy experiences.

I had an experience not far off when I got a ticket at very short notice to see them at Brixton Academy the year after in the week before their Reading slot, but only after I'd had my phone stolen on my way out from Franz Ferdinand at Brixton Electric the night before and nearly lost faith in the idea of going full stop. Precious memories one and all.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my R&L favourites:

Kings of Leon 2009 - Had seen them the previous December after OBTN was released, and the new setlist just didn’t quite work ... at Leeds they were incredible

Lethal Bizzle 2009 - just crazy

Kassidy 2010 - FR tent, first band of the day, hardly anyone there ... was absolutely amazing. Really gutted they didn’t kick on and become huge.

Crystal Castles 2011 - I’ve seen them more than anyone else. Jane’s Addiction pulled out so CC effectively headlined the NME (they didn’t put anyone in to replace so no one played after CC’s sub slot). Alice Glass was a fucking warrior.

Justice 2012 - been dying to see them again ever since

Eminem 2013 - probably the best gig of my life

Mura Masa 2017 - was just an awesome party

outside of R&L:

Rudimental @Wildlife 2016

Foals/Adele @Glastonbury 2016

Foals @Ynot 2019