Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I recall that the shelves in my parents garage were made from old props from Howard's Way. My brother had acquired the timber from somewhere for free. Many of the shelves had stickers on them with a tv companies name (if I remember rightly), as well as the title Howards Way set, and then the location of where that piece of timber was to be used on the set.

Filmed in Bursledon, Hampshire and the river Hamble. And in the Jolly Sailor pub! 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Filmed in Bursledon, Hampshire and the river Hamble. And in the Jolly Sailor pub! 

The ex family home was in Birmingham. Still should be, given that I can fully account for the quality build. Me and my family built it from scratch. Anyway, there was also the odd 'Vincent Timber' sticker on the wood made in to shelves. At that time there was a big timber yard in the Selly Oak area of Birmingham. I guess they must have got the  gig for making the props - or at least the timber element of them. That timber yard looked to be a thriving business up until it suddenly shut down. It wasn't the lack of business, I'd say, but that developers wanted their land. It's now a big shopping area, complete with fucking mental traffic conditions thrown in. I've only been to that shopping area a handful of times, but just 'know' that if you weren't careful with your timing, then it'd be a bit similar to the Glastonbury car crush to get out all at once on the Monday, in the car parks leading on to the feebly inefficient main road system adjacent. That'd be a fucking shopping experience and a half. I mean, there you are 'shopping' for a fucking starter. As far as I can see you're down on knees already at that stage. You'd know deep within yourself that this piece of immediate future time, was going to be a bastard. Then you get stuck in the car park. And then someone must die! Someone must die!  lol

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Programme was produced by bbc Birmingham, so that probably explains where the timber came from !

That would, in those days, have been at Pebble Mill, which was on the next road up from our house. I'm guessing now that the timber was in a skip outside the studios. I once got in to their social club early one evening, and it was a surprise to see our local news anchor man politely hold a door open for me while I carried a tray of drinks through, that I was, I suspect, more than evidently far too young to have purchased from their subsidised bar, which I had just done.

That news bloke was a bit of a star actually. I was at a staff conference once and he was the 'celebrity' speaker. As he was due to ask questions from the attendees (over 1,000) the management thought it best to have people in the audience who could ask the questions that they wanted the staff to hear. That was their plan anyway, until he must have spotted the false set up and said something along the lines of ' I'll tell you what, let's detour away from what I've been requested to ask the audience'. He then went on to show up the 'management' for trying to pull a stunt like that on their own staff. 

And who was this 'great' man? None other than Bob Warman;

Image result for bob warman

That smooth talking charmer could have had my knickers off me in a flash, such was (and possibly still is) his charm. 

If you're out there reading this Bob, I've already got my pants half way down. 

Fucking hate hangovers old sons .. There's a Professor NUT who's inventing a drink called ALCARELLE which won't give you hangovers.. 

Got to wait 5 years tho..... Just imagine if it was true... Check it out.. 

Professor NUT you couldn't make it up could you lol

https://alcarelle.com/about/

41 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Fucking hate hangovers old sons .. There's a Professor NUT who's inventing a drink called ALCARELLE which won't give you hangovers.. 

Got to wait 5 years tho..... Just imagine if it was true... Check it out.. 

Professor NUT you couldn't make it up could you lol

https://alcarelle.com/about/

He used to be the 'Governments' Drug Czar. Well, that was up until he told them the truth / facts;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Nutt

I once donated £50 towards his research in to that anti hangover thing. I seem to remember that at that time it was based on so many people telling him that their outrageous drink consumption was dramatically reduced when they took Mcat. I can confirm that that was certainly the case in me and my wife's case.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

He used to be the 'Governments' Drug Czar. Well, that was up until he told them the truth / facts;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Nutt

I once donated £50 towards his research in to that anti hangover thing. I seem to remember that at that time it was based on so many people telling him that their outrageous drink consumption was dramatically reduced when they took Mcat. I can confirm that that was certainly the case in me and my wife's case.

Lolol 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I'm going to be the first to check in this weekend.

A family bereavement has hit me very hard.

I'm lower than I've ever been. This sucks man.

Really sorry to hear that mate - sympathies. All the best & look after yourself. 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

So sorry to hear that, my heart goes out to you and your family at this sad time. 
Charm x

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Much love. Talk to your friends, even if they’re virtual friends on here x

17 hours ago, JoeyT said:

All my condolences.

One of my best mates died a few years ago. It was a brutal shock and very painful. I still think about him often, and so want there to be an afterlife so that I can hook up with him again. However, I know full well that he wouldn't want me to hurt and be sad. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'd say that your relative would want the same thing. All the best.

17 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Hope all's well as can be there today JT, bereavement is always an emotional rollercoaster; there will be happier days, you know there will 😎x

Edited by oneeye