2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

We are no doubt heading for a period of social distancing and cancellation of similar events, but there is no way in hell that can or will last for three and a half months.

This is my take, I can't imagine the whole world stopping for 3 months. 30 days maybe. 

Just now, petewilson09 said:

I'm torn between sharing news of a 'possible' lineup announcement with my non-forumite WhatsApp group, ahh the dilemma 🤔

You'll get no credit if you're right and slated if you're wrong, just enjoy the hysteria on here ahah. 

I dropped something in my smaller group earlier and have since distracted with the new beastie boys doc trailer.

3 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Zoe Ball 1:47:54 in her show today:

"Vampire weekend and happy memories of last spring/summer.  Glastonbury festival, rumours are, maybe, who's playing glastonbury festival might come out today, possibly, who knows. Noel Gallagher's high flying birds before that..."

Did she actually say this?? Then it must be happening!! 

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Our government isn’t perfect, bit IF the lineup drops today then I’d be confident it would be off the back of consultation with the government that it will be ok to go ahead in June.

We are no doubt heading for a period of social distancing and cancellation of similar events, but there is no way in hell that can or will last for three and a half months.

My unqualified opinion is that they're announcing slightly earlier than they had planned to, because WHO declared a pandemic, triggering the government into the next phase which will put social distancing and potential mass gathering cancellations back in the news, just a little too close to balance payment week for comfort.

So they're jumping the gun to get the message out that they intend to hold it, pending any government decision not to, before the headlines turn too dire and potentially put ticket sales in doubt (which seems extraordinary, but isn't beyond the realms of possibility).

I'd be surprised if any poster didn't come attached to a statement assuring people of all the usual stuff.

2 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I never tell anyone. Then I let them post it in the group because Im too busy reading it 100 times over. Or Im sleeping, cause its 4am right now and as much as I want to stay up for the HYPE, I gotta sleep. Hopefully it's at 7pm and I'll be back awake!

I follow agonising amounts of build up on here for months, look away for 30 seconds and some one always pops up in the group chat with a "oh hey look guys the line up just dropped how random lol"

Edit: not that I do this for them or credit anyways, I just enjoy reading the deranged messages of people ripping their hair out.

Edited by priest17
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I follow agonising amounts of build up on here for months, look away for 30 seconds and some one always pops up in the group chat with a "oh hey look guys the line up just dropped how random lol"

can you let us know when you are next looking away :)