Chef

British Summer Time 2020

16 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Why?

Is it a bad thing to be intrigued? 

No new album (yet)

Same weekend as Wireless

Just wondering as they're still selling ticket as launch prices 

As much as I was previously happy to ask repeatedly if it'll be Foo Fighters, their last European show is in Lisbon on June 21... so probably too big a gap for the HP weekenders.

22 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Is it a bad thing to be intrigued? 

No new album (yet)

Same weekend as Wireless

Just wondering as they're still selling ticket as launch prices 

Nobody said anything about it being bad... Just wondered why you were interested given the lack of any detail.  It is a discussion forum, after all.

20 hours ago, charlierc said:

As much as I was previously happy to ask repeatedly if it'll be Foo Fighters, their last European show is in Lisbon on June 21... so probably too big a gap for the HP weekenders.

Not them apparently

6 minutes ago, jr1312 said:

Not them apparently

Fine. Tempted to wonder if they may do their own UK thing over a different weekend, if anything at all, given they're still announcing European gigs.

17 hours ago, charlierc said:

Fine. Tempted to wonder if they may do their own UK thing over a different weekend, if anything at all, given they're still announcing European gigs.

Could foo fighters do a secret set at Glastonbury

On 2/15/2020 at 2:09 PM, jj200 said:

Could foo fighters do a secret set at Glastonbury

That’s what I’m thinking 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

That’s what I’m thinking 

Seeing as it's the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury and 25th anniversary of foo fighters

In my head I was wondering if Eminem might do this given he's meant to be announcing a load of stuff, but aside from the fact they've already got some rap/hip-hop players, wasn't there a thing when he did Wembley a few years ago that the locals objected to him playing it?

Royal parks weren't keen on rap acts in general due to.swearing etc and local residents kicked up a fuss too. With hip hop booked this year some of those concerns must've been addressed. 

I can see Eminem going for Wembley again as all the talk was of him being in Europe august time and that fitting with when wembley is available 

That would make more sense in general given his last UK run included 2 nights at Twickenham, and of course he's previously done Wembley. So he's objectively big enough to have that and not need to cotton on to festivals. I guess given the Sziget thread has been heavily pushing that he's gonna turn up there that he might be doing a primarily festival based run.

37 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

When do the support acts tend to be confirmed? Thinking of the Taylor Swift day in particular.

It tends to vary. They wont be in any hurry when days have sold well

Really struggling to peace together who could open for Kendrick. 

Think it'll be a complete random bunch of artists. Schoolboy Q would be the dream..but he barely likes to tour 

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

In my head I was wondering if Eminem might do this given he's meant to be announcing a load of stuff, but aside from the fact they've already got some rap/hip-hop players, wasn't there a thing when he did Wembley a few years ago that the locals objected to him playing it?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/revealed-real-reason-eminem-banned-3764224.amp

yeah apparently 

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I remember the story. Prior to it coming out though he had announced and sold out the wembley shows so I was never convinced it was that close to being agreed 

A quick thought on the sixth night. Rod stewart closes the Brits tomorrow, fits the older performer demographic  could it be him 

2 hours ago, atomised said:

A quick thought on the sixth night. Rod stewart closes the Brits tomorrow, fits the older performer demographic  could it be him 

Rod is joined by Kenny J and Ronnie W of the Faces as a reunion guest spot! I would have thought they'd be a Hyde Park shoe-in - but Ronnie only finishes his US tour with the Stones two days before

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Thought so. Even if as said, a lot of how true it is may depend on how much a discussion there was beforehand given that this came out around the time the Wembley dates was. Could well be prep discussion was held but it didn't go anywhere, or at least get arranged as quickly as Wembley did.

5 hours ago, atomised said:

I honestly wasn't sure if he was still big enough but as a UK exclusive its probably fine.