Jump to content
Chef

British Summer Time 2020

Recommended Posts

Pearl Jam have cancelled the first half of their world tour due to the Coronavirus.

Just the American dates gone so far but I guess  at this stage, it'd be a bit naive to think that Europe might not suffer the same fate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be up for that DD/Chic night if it wasn’t the final of the Euros that night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The lead singer is described as Simon LeBin in the announcement. Priceless.

my typo, now corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

my typo, now corrected.

Shame, was a fantastic type and could see the name catching on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I was interested in the Duran Duran day before I saw the prices! £145 for gold circle and that is not even at the front! You need to pay £218 for diamond tickets for that!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are you seeing the prices?
This is a major gripe I have, the way ticket prices are seldom announced before they go on sale. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Well I was interested in the Duran Duran day before I saw the prices! £145 for gold circle and that is not even at the front! You need to pay £218 for diamond tickets for that!!

Just get a general admission ticket and party with the common people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Damsonz said:

Where are you seeing the prices?
This is a major gripe I have, the way ticket prices are seldom announced before they go on sale. 

 

the prices were announced as "from £65".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, @cdm22  I guess you have to qualify for the pre-sale.
I just don't get why they hide the info until the last minute.  It means you can't discuss options with friends ahead of the sale.  We like to have time to weigh it all up and consider what to go for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Damsonz said:

Thanks, @cdm22  I guess you have to qualify for the pre-sale.
I just don't get why they hide the info until the last minute.  It means you can't discuss options with friends ahead of the sale.  We like to have time to weigh it all up and consider what to go for.

I'm guessing for exactly that reason. You get caught up trying for tickets so when you finally get through and see the prices you just buy them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

I'm guessing for exactly that reason. You get caught up trying for tickets so when you finally get through and see the prices you just buy them.

For some people, perhaps.   We can't all afford to pay top whack every time.
For me, it doesn't really work like that unless it's something I really really want, and I'm only buying for myself. 
But often it's a case of canvassing several friends to see who else might want to go.  In which case we want to know the options in advance, so that the person trying to book knows what to go for.  This is especially important for seated events, as obviously you want seats together.

All too often if I can't see the prices ahead of time, it goes out of my head and I don't book at all.

 

Edited by Damsonz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder where coronavirus will leave this. Especially if as sounds likely glastonbury is about to cancel. Thinking particularly of taylor swift and kendrick as they are at glasto too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

Safe to assume every festival this summer is cancelled. 

I think the August ones could be OK though (albeit maybe with some changes to lineup). 

This thing is expected to tail off in June. Could well be contagion into July that causes BST to be cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xxialac said:

I think the August ones could be OK though (albeit maybe with some changes to lineup). 

This thing is expected to tail off in June. Could well be contagion into July that causes BST to be cancelled.

the modelling the current measures are based on is a lock-down until mid-Sept, and then the very worst of it in November.

Which says to me that the lock-down isn't going to end in September. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the modelling the current measures are based on is a lock-down until mid-Sept, and then the very worst of it in November.

Which says to me that the lock-down isn't going to end in September. :( 

Not doubting you certainly, but do you have a link to that model?

I saw a different government model this morning with it strongly tailing off at the end of July and only two days ago the UK was saying end of June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Not doubting you certainly, but do you have a link to that model?

I saw a different government model this morning with it strongly tailing off at the end of July and only two days ago the UK was saying end of June.

the model the govt is working from is the one I said. The relevant graphs are on page 10.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn that makes for bleak reading.

Best case scenario there are 8 times more people needing beds than beds available at the peak.

And will come back later in the year with full force. 

We have China now trying to get back to normal. Seems like the great hope is that as they do re-infection rates are lower than forecast, which in turn shows Europe that it can be suppressed without a vaccine.

 

Edited by xxialac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The paper says it all really. Can’t see anything much happening this year. 
 

However I think AEG will try to put something together. Maybe a merger of BST and APE in Hyde Park during September. 

Little Mix / Post Malone / Duran Duran 

Tame Impala / Massive Attack & Tom Yorke / Kraftwork 

 

Can at least see an attempt to move this before a full cancellation... 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...