Pukkelpop 2020

TheNewUnion

On 10/18/2019 at 4:39 PM, DDave said:

Would mean a fairly late announcement for them, unless they were sold out but Nick Cave and Bon Iver are playing Antwerp within a week of each other (23rd & 30th April). Their dates would probably fit better with Pukkelpop's than with Rock Werchters as they normally announce their headliners pretty early.

At least a couple of the team are going to Nick Cave so reckon there's a good chance he will be there if he's touring in August. Not sure he's Main Stage material for PKP anymore but probably too big for the Marquee? Would be a huge statement of intent if they did put him in the tent though - The National have definitely paved the way for it to happen so wouldn't surprise me.

Very much doubt 50% (or whatever it was) of the line up was already confirmed by the 2019 edition as info I've been given is that they don't start booking acts until about October. Makes sense really as most bands won't firm up their plans for next summer until around that time, aside from the really massive ones who won't play PKP anyway so don't matter. As ken19 has said though, there's loads of factors at play which mean there's no set method to how it all plays out. Last year for instance, the first two acts booked were in the Marquee and Booth so it's not like they always start with the headliners and go from there.

Edited by Semprini
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, tomato12345 said:

If Rage are on the bill I will defo be back at this or lowlands after punk rock holiday again. 

Can’t seeing them turning it down if they are available before R&L. Should be a massive day ticket seller. 

I can’t see Pukkelpop stealing a band like RATM to Rock Werchter. Besides, I think it’s a band too expensive for Pkp recent booking policy.

12 hours ago, DDave said:

What's everyone's dream name for next year? 

For me it's David Byrne in the Marquee, that would be untouchable. Failing that, New Order. Both and I think I'll die and go to heaven. 

If I have to choose one, I say Portishead in the Marquee. I'm expecting a lot by their upcoming (not yet sure for 2020) album

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Reckon they might offer Caribou a headline slot in the Marquee which could swing his decision.

Live Nation Belgium is doing the bookings for Pukkelpop and Dour. If they want Caribou, RW will have them. But because Caribou played RW the last time, I give Pukkelpop a chance.

3 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Live Nation Belgium is doing the bookings for Pukkelpop and Dour. If they want Caribou, RW will have them. But because Caribou played RW the last time, I give Pukkelpop a chance.

Sounds like the artists don't have a say and Eppo is out of the picture at PKP? Not my understanding of how things work.

Dour will probably offer a headline set in the Last arena, which is arguably the best option for the band. Obviously the big variable is when they will actually be in Europe.

9 hours ago, Semprini said:

Sounds like the artists don't have a say and Eppo is out of the picture at PKP? Not my understanding of how things work.

I'm assuming this is for the bigger bands and I'm also assuming that LN do the same for Lowlands as well due to the large amount of shared acts? I'd have thought the festival has the say on the smaller, less heard of acts. 

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DDave said:

I'm assuming this is for the bigger bands and I'm also assuming that LN do the same for Lowlands as well due to the large amount of shared acts? I'd have thought the festival has the say on the smaller, less heard of acts. 

If RW says, we want band a, 99% of the time they get that band. They have more money, the band can play for a bigger audience... 

Off course Eppo & Kim can send their wishlist, but they don't book that sort of bands. That is doing a LN agent for them. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, DDave said:

Opeth headline Arctangent on the Friday so could well be a name for the rock day if it is to be on Sunday again. Played in 2013 and 2016 so 2019 as well? 

Amenra playing it as well but may be too quick a return for them (this is Pukkelpop though) 

There weren't many people at the Opeth gigs in 2013 en 2016, so I doubt it.