Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Flights are available, looks like hostel private rooms are booked (apart from the 2 x bunk room for 4 peoples). What do we think?

I was 50/50 but after Glastonbury Ticket Sale Sunday, my decision might change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re in one of the quad rooms, which luckily became available again after I’d booked the wrong weekend at first. Barring a disaster line up, we’ll be there again for 2020.

Question for me is how do they top this years line up? I have absolutely no idea who’ll be there. It’s the 35th year so they might try for someone special? Neil Young still owes us one. Nick Cave maybe due a return? Can’t see them going much bigger than that. Maybe Blur or Gorillaz

There’s a Pukkelpop / Leeds and Reading sized hole in Vampire Weekends tour schedule but that also applies to Rock Werchters too so they’ll almost certainly play one of the two – they’d be my best guess at the Tame Impala/Arcade Fire slot. Or maybe Bon Iver  I’d hanker a guess at Dua Lipa headlining unless again she pops up at RW and Editors will no doubt be at one of the Belgian festivals.

Halsey is playing Antwerp in March so I can see her being there for the kids. Bears Den, Lewis Capaldi, Elbow and Liam Gallagher are all playing big gigs in Belgium early in the year so they could be about later in the summer.

Say this every year but I’d love to see the likes of Pixies, Suede, New Order, Foals and Phoenix in the Marquee and of course a return for Soulwax/2manydjs. There’s a lot of this years RW bill I’d like to see at Pukkelpop next year

One smaller band who may well be there are Black Country, New Road who I know Chokri is a fan of.

Edited by DDave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, 34th, 35th, 39th... a festival is doing everything they could to bring the best line up possible together. But in August the market is tough. Too tough.

maybe childish gambino is making it up This time. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Also, 34th, 35th, 39th... a festival is doing everything they could to bring the best line up possible together. But in August the market is tough. Too tough.

maybe childish gambino is making it up This time. 

When you say in August the market is tough, do you mean in general or the market for August 2020?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DDave said:

When you say in August the market is tough, do you mean in general or the market for August 2020?

My guess is august in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

My guess is august in general.

Yeah I thought that. I'm guessing it's because festivals with bigger budgets like to get their business done early and it takes a large amount of bands out of the running due to exclusivity deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DDave said:

Yeah I thought that. I'm guessing it's because festivals with bigger budgets like to get their business done early and it takes a large amount of bands out of the running due to exclusivity deals.

Yes, august in general. 

Most of the bands prefer to do the festival period in june/july. Not because of the money (Readling/Leeds are paying a lot to get bands in their period to Europe). But because it is more practical for them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going for the following headline combo

Pop starlet (Dua Lipa, Ellie Goulding Type)

Someone on the up who isn't quite ready for headlining (1975/Foals type)

Someone with a face tattoo who is soundcloud famous and I will inevitably hate (Lil' something or other)

Edited by TheNewUnion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

I'm going for the following headline combo

Pop starlet (Dua Lipa, Ellie Goulding Type)

Someone on the up who isn't quite ready for headlining (1975/Foals type)

Someone with a face tattoo who is soundcloud famous and I will inevitably hate (Lil' something or other)

Take my money! 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll go with any of 

Pop = Dua Lipa / Halsey / Ellie Goulding / Years and Years / Christine & the Queens

Indie = Pixies / Vampire Weekend / Bon Iver /  Two Door Cinema Club / 1975 / Editors / Foals

Legends = Nick Cave / Neil Young / Iggy Pop / Blur

Rock = QOTSA / Kasabian / The Killers 

Rap/Urban = Childish Gambino / Chance the Rapper / Tyler the Creator / Mackelmore / Major fucking Lazer / ASAP Rocky

Dance = Disclosure / Netsky / Flume

Nothing overly ambitious aside from Neil Young and Blur and plenty of repeat acts that we know Pukkelpop love.

 

Something like a Main Stage line up of

Halsey / Chance the Rapper / Dua Lipa

Kasabian / QOTSA / Disclosure

Vampire Weekend / Nick Cave / Netsky

With a strong Marquee line up of Pixies / Foals / Phoenix / St Vincent / Suede etc

Is realistic (I think) and would do me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First confirmation for Low Festival a couple of weeks before PKP, TDCC played Summer Sonic so they won't be there and RW as their Belgian festival this yearso very likely for Pukkelpop or Lokerse Feesten I reckon.

Two-Door-Cinema-Club-Low-Festival-Tw.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

Somebody on Festileaks claims 50% of the 2020 line-up was already booked during PKP 2019. 

 

Interesting. I have a feeling a lot of the acts booked may be from this years RW. We could even get The Cure if they come around again, they've a new album out soon (and maybe 2 too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DDave said:

Interesting. I have a feeling a lot of the acts booked may be from this years RW. We could even get The Cure if they come around again, they've a new album out soon (and maybe 2 too)

Or 3 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy and the Interrupters all ruled out (on tour in the States) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would mean a fairly late announcement for them, unless they were sold out but Nick Cave and Bon Iver are playing Antwerp within a week of each other (23rd & 30th April). Their dates would probably fit better with Pukkelpop's than with Rock Werchters as they normally announce their headliners pretty early.

On a more ominous note, The 1975 and the Script also play within a week of each other in March which is prime announcement time for PKP.  Think the former definitely have a strong chance of being there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

The 1975 is very realistic for Pukkepop i guess. 
Hopefully no Script on any Belgian festival.

Amen to that, Ken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring Me The Horizon announced for Highfield Festival the weekend before Pukkelpop in Germany.

Typical PKP booking, maybe subheadlining Main Stage? Marquee headliners in its rock day?

Edited by johnybegood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Bring Me The Horizon announced for Highfield Festival the weekend before Pukkelpop in Germany.

Typical PKP booking, maybe subheadlining Main Stage? Marquee headliners in its rock day?

Had a miniscule crowd subbing for LCD Soundsystem in 2016 on the main so yeah, better suited to the Marquee on Rock day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand they subbed Rock Werchter main stage this year and played high slots at the majority of their festivals, so I doubt they'll accept a marquee spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

On the other hand they subbed Rock Werchter main stage this year and played high slots at the majority of their festivals, so I doubt they'll accept a marquee spot.

Hopefully they'll swerve it altogether. 

Deichkind | Beat steaks | Bring Me The Horizon | Contra K | Clueso | Sido | RIN | Wanda | Grief | Giant Rooks | Leonids | Juju | Ferdinand and Left Boy | Nura | Fries shack | Callejon | Fever 333 | Betontod | Turbo state | Zebrahead | Blond

Are the other bands, who (apart from the German headliners who probably won't get booked) I've not heard of apart from Fever 333 who could definitely return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DDave said:

Are the other bands, who (apart from the German headliners who probably won't get booked) I've not heard of apart from Fever 333 who could definitely return.

Zebrahead (American punk outfit) played the Shelter a few years ago and so have PKP 'previous'. They were OK, but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way for them if they returned.

The Fever 333 I would definitely welcome back - they were excellent in 2018(?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...