Truck 2020

Tonybyates

30 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I reckon Royal Blood are a definite with the this is tomorrow line up being announced

It'd be such a massive booking that they kept them off the fortune cookies list. Remind me, Foals wasn't one of the acts on the potatoes last year were they?

With 50 Acts announced Thursday can defo see it happening, would love to see 2 of Frank Carter, Sam Fender or Wombats as the subs alongside Kooks.

Blossoms / The Big Moon 

Bombay Bicycle Club / The Kooks / Loyle Carner

Royal Blood / The Wombats / Fontaines D.C.

Catfish and the Bottlemen / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Hunna 

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

It'd be such a massive booking that they kept them off the fortune cookies list. Remind me, Foals wasn't one of the acts on the potatoes last year were they?

With 50 Acts announced Thursday can defo see it happening, would love to see 2 of Frank Carter, Sam Fender or Wombats as the subs alongside Kooks.

Blossoms / The Big Moon 

Bombay Bicycle Club / The Kooks / Loyle Carner

Royal Blood / The Wombats / Fontaines D.C.

Catfish and the Bottlemen / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Hunna 

foals were on potatoes last year under baby horse i think.

Kooks to headline i reckon, they did community and it was packed - far busier than any other year. Would sell out easily with those three headliners, the only reason I would think otherwise is the slight price increase.

I’d rather The Kooks subbed and they got Royal Blood on board, my daughter would be over the moon with both RB & Catfish, but I can’t really see it happening if I’m honest. 
really want to see a strong undercard announced:

Black Country New Road

Phoebe Bridgers    Black Midi

Squid         Warmduscher 

Boy Azooga      Egyptian Blue 

• Like 1

A rather optimistic quick prediction

Blossoms//Dream Wife (Thursday)

Bombay Bicycle Club//Metronomy//The Hives//The Big Moon

Circa Waves//Swim Deep

Catfish & The Bottlemen//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Sundara Karma//Pale Waves

DMA's//Blaenavon

The Kooks//The Wombats//Loyle Carner//The Magic Gang

Shame//Beabadoobee

How quickly do tickets sell out/ are resale tickets often available?

I really like the potential lineup but I haven't found anyone to go with as of yet, is it worth 1) buying a ticket now and trying to resell it later on if I cant go? or is it worth 2) just not buying a ticket yet and hoping it doesn't get sold out?? Many thanks

3 hours ago, Jake1234 said:

How quickly do tickets sell out/ are resale tickets often available?

I really like the potential lineup but I haven't found anyone to go with as of yet, is it worth 1) buying a ticket now and trying to resell it later on if I cant go? or is it worth 2) just not buying a ticket yet and hoping it doesn't get sold out?? Many thanks

It normally sells out in June, but ticket price will rise again before then... 

there’s a Facebook page called Solo Truckers if you’re looking to hook up with others going alone 👍🏼 

2 hours ago, wackamole said:

Foals were on Potatoes written out in full. I think the "baby horses" thing you are reffering to was from this guessing quiz postcard thing they sent out before the potatoes.

2020-01-29 19.36.05.jpg

Backstage for EYK. Rate that. Missed them at Reading as I was pretty much passed out from the heat at that point so them turning up somewhere in one of the tents at Truck would be perfect

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Backstage for EYK. Rate that. Missed them at Reading as I was pretty much passed out from the heat at that point so them turning up somewhere in one of the tents at Truck would be perfect

Yeah mate was incred, they have so much free booze in mini fridges back there, chatted with "some bird" as she was described to me and it turns out later on that it was Kim Petra.

I used to live with Rhys the lead singer, I doubt they will turn up at Truck but agree that would be incred. I've messaged him to see if they are. 😅

1 hour ago, wackamole said:

Yeah mate was incred, they have so much free booze in mini fridges back there, chatted with "some bird" as she was described to me and it turns out later on that it was Kim Petra.

I used to live with Rhys the lead singer, I doubt they will turn up at Truck but agree that would be incred. I've messaged him to see if they are. 😅

Haha that’s sick love that. I semi-know Kerr from The LaFontaines who did that stage on the Friday and I was gonna try wrangle my way backstage but didn’t even end up going to see them in the end haha.

Legend keep us updated lmao

2 hours ago, retromoz said:

sorry......im an old man, not down with the hop lingo daddio...

does 'incred' mean 'incredible? Or Incredulous?

Thanks x

It stands for incred, but I was in such awe that we'll say its a little of column A, and a little of column B.

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Haha that’s sick love that. I semi-know Kerr from The LaFontaines who did that stage on the Friday and I was gonna try wrangle my way backstage but didn’t even end up going to see them in the end haha.

Legend keep us updated lmao

Oh sick - yeah you should have gone, was gutted when they cancelled Truck. I only went for a Sunday day ticket.

Will do :)

I have also made a Truck Playlist with all the most recent setlists of the names we have so far. That way you only learn the songs that 90% are likely to be played. Will be updating it weekly.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6omBsQTNYitdgNoU8VS07C?si=yv0nobwqQnmDgrUqNpIrqg

• Upvote 1