Jump to content
Tonybyates

Truck 2020

Recommended Posts

The Magic Gang are on the main stage then. What we saying, 4th down? 5th down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheWaters said:

The Magic Gang are on the main stage then. What we saying, 4th down? 5th down?

Shame, they are better in a tent like on the Sunday of 2018 on Market Stage. And idk 4th down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tonybyates Catch the Truck twitter person in a good mood and if we all ask annoying questions we'll get a rough clashfinder by the end of it haha

 

 

c6bad5102c453aa85e9982bf91117e4b.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the retweet Truck but I was hoping you’d give us a date. Ah well, if they’re retweeting that it must be imminent.

98DE44EA-070F-4C33-AC0A-8B648BDE1B7C.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, alfiemartin said:

Anyone else worried truck will be cancelled?

I think we’ll be ok, a few months to go yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, alfiemartin said:

Anyone else worried truck will be cancelled?

I'm also under the hope that by end of July things will be a lot clearer! We'll have to wait and see, we're in a lot less of a manic than the Glasto threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wackamole said:

I'm also under the hope that by end of July things will be a lot clearer! We'll have to wait and see, we're in a lot less of a manic than the Glasto threads.

Yeah the Glasto thread is a depressing place, hate to say it but I reckon it’ll go :( (Glasto not this)

1 hour ago, wackamole said:

Unfortunately they've broken up instead :(

 

 

https://twitter.com/nohotashesband/status/1238043703480107008/photo/2

ES5qJG2XYAALTGc.jpg

ahhh that’s a shame :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2020 at 11:07 PM, alfiemartin said:

Anyone else worried truck will be cancelled?

2000 trees have stated theyre 100% going ahead which gives me hopes with it being a similar size fest to truck, around the same time. Smaller festivals probably have less to worry about especially with the majority of the acts not having come from abroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bleegghh said:

2000 trees have stated theyre 100% going ahead which gives me hopes with it being a similar size fest to truck, around the same time. Smaller festivals probably have less to worry about especially with the majority of the acts not having come from abroad

if the government bans events over 1000 in capacity and that ban is extended until July then they are both off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

if the government bans events over 1000 in capacity and that ban is extended until July then they are both off

I think it's looking likely at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jj200 said:

I think it's looking likely at the moment.

I mean I have no clue, but the point I was making was that there’s no way 2000 trees is “100% going ahead” because the government/city council can force them to cancel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I mean I have no clue, but the point I was making was that there’s no way 2000 trees is “100% going ahead” because the government/city council can force them to cancel.

The ban could be from next weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are people’s thoughts on this still going ahead? Seeing as Glasto has been postponed I’m tempted to get a ticket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

What are people’s thoughts on this still going ahead? Seeing as Glasto has been postponed I’m tempted to get a ticket

I’d be surprised if anything because R&L or Victorious went ahead.  I’d actually be surprised if either of them did too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I’m not holding out much hope either, I’ve got a feeling the full 2020 festival season is written off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sisco said:

I’d be surprised if anything because R&L or Victorious went ahead.  I’d actually be surprised if either of them did too 

Before!!! Not because 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I honestly don’t see anything before September going ahead. Awful stuff, what a year 2020 promised to be and now look at it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say 95% chance cancelled, 5% chance going ahead.

Just don't think it's safe to allow mass gatherings to go ahead until we have a proper vaccine for this, as if one person on the farm is infected, then the risk of 20,000 people getting infected is suddenly extremely high as everyone is camping in the same grounds for a whole weekend.

I think R&L will also inevitably be cancelled, 100,000 people in a confined space for 4 days straight, no way is that going to be allowed to go ahead- also they are going to struggle as many artists are going to pull out by then and reschedule their tours.

Festivals rescheduled to September look promising to go ahead with the way the situation currently stands at this moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

What are people’s thoughts on this still going ahead? Seeing as Glasto has been postponed I’m tempted to get a ticket

If you're interested, it's probs worth grabbing a ticket anyway if you're happy to not have the ticket money spare until August. They posted this on their socials last week, saying that a cancellation will result in a refund.

Image may contain: 11 people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do people think I'll be safe waiting until late April to buy a ticket (if it hasn't been cancelled by then)?

I'm slightly hopefully of the festival going ahead seeing as it's quite small, and also I read a report written by a few statiscians (is that spelt right?) that the peak deaths per day for the virus is now expected to be beginning of April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also just had a quick look at the first poster from last year, and the full Clashfinder, and highlighted the acts that were announced on the first poster last year. 

Had no idea there would be so many more acts to come, although given the way the virus is progressing I fear I may be getting excited about the festival at the wrong time!

1263929003_Screenshot2020-03-27at14_45_41.thumb.png.13904a5a5f2ceb84c2a6495513136453.png

1471550767_Screenshot2020-03-27at14_45_52.thumb.png.2d071f859135ff04761dfa1d2dfb76c0.png

438543573_Screenshot2020-03-27at14_45_59.thumb.png.c0c3d1f2144df85e660d14bd5d9a9693.png

133676796_Screenshot2020-03-27at14_46_05.thumb.png.242d687d5eccba824ce0739b46657518.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...