Sziget 2020

jj200

1 hour ago, ReljaGajić said:

Coldplay won't tour they announced that, 

Also Strand Festival announced new names, and Strand is Sziget's festival and it's happening after Sziget (18-22 August) so idk when Sziget will announce something, but i'm hoping soon ??, and my guesses are Billie Eilish, The Weeknd, Tame Impala, Khalid, Rhcp, Bmth

With the exception of RHCP I wouldn't have said that any of them are big enough to headline. That said, I appreciate that others think otherwise. Although there is genuinely no way Khalid and BMTH are big enough to headline a festival of Sziget's size imho.

3 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

With the exception of RHCP I wouldn't have said that any of them are big enough to headline. That said, I appreciate that others think otherwise. Although there is genuinely no way Khalid and BMTH are big enough to headline a festival of Sziget's size imho.

Billie eilish and Tampa impala are headliners now, if they play they will headline. It's the advantage of having a long festival, headliners who wouldnt necessarily be headliners at other places. 

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Billie eilish and Tampa impala are headliners now, if they play they will headline. It's the advantage of having a long festival, headliners who wouldnt necessarily be headliners at other places. 

Pretty sure that the Weeknd can also be considered a headliner by now !

Edited by polnico

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree that Billie Eilish, Tame Impala and The Weeknd are at that level. The point I'm making is that to me they are not a headline size or quality, but fully understand that I am in the minority and accept that.

In addition, compared to this year, that set of headliners would be a significant step backwards imho. Not enough established artists.

31 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree that Billie Eilish, Tame Impala and The Weeknd are at that level. The point I'm making is that to me they are not a headline size or quality, but fully understand that I am in the minority and accept that.

In addition, compared to this year, that set of headliners would be a significant step backwards imho. Not enough established artists.

Totally agree that they are big names but they do not anything for me and I am not sure they are huge festival names for Budapest.

Also

Taylor Swift?Justin Timberlake?Coldplay?Pearl Jam?L LadyGaga

They are not touring in Europe in August or I don't think they will play,  trsmt and a Bennicasim announced a few acts that were at Budapest last year so we may get some. Fingers crossed for names soon

Made this prediction 4 months ago -Foals are touring so I can see them coming, Dave or AJ, Lewis, one Gallagher, Keane/Faithless/ or Kaisers. Harry would fit the bill in the same way that Sean did a few years ago. A few of these bands are touring next year or have a new album-Pet Shop Boys/ Elbow/ Foals/Kasabian/Billy/Thom Yorke. A few female acts but I would love to see Lorde, but I could also see one from Sia/Ellie/Grande.  As for the headliner I can see them going for some off these KOL/Coldplay/ RHCP, Ellish/Robbie/ Lambert&Queen/Rap act.

Edited by Davidoff

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Stone wall headliner.

Also can not see Stormzy missing the festival scene with those dates. Perhaps that's 2 of the headliners? 

Pretty sure from comments made on here previously that Stormzy isn't viewed as a headliner outside of the UK. Be interesting to know the capacity of the venues he is playing on the euro leg of that tour.

Maybe he could sub Liam?

Edited by billybigballs

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Pretty sure from comments made on here previously that Stormzy isn't viewed as a headliner outside of the UK. Be interesting to know the capacity of the venues he is playing on the euro leg of that tour.

Maybe he could sub Liam?

Some of the venues like Belgium are small, then Copenhagen is 16k capacity.

I would presume if he played, its aimed at the UK audience and that's why he could headline.

Maybe he could sub Liam?

In 2018 both of them were at Sziget, Stormzy wasn't even a sub-headliner(1st day, 16:00 Clean Bandit, 17:45 Stormzy, 19:30 Likke Li, 21:30 Kendrick Lamar), but Liam was (5th day, 16:00 Halott Penz, 17:45 Kaleo, 19:30 Liam Gallagher, 21:30 Dua Lipa), so i don't think they will headline if they're coming to Sziget, i think they're not big enough, or i'm just not that interested in their music ??‍♂️

Maybe he could sub Liam?

Prague's venue is a club with 800 capacity. For sure this will get upgraded almost instantly but I guess it gives you a sense for Stomzy's size/popularity in Central Europe ?

That said I wouldn't rule him out, defo sub at least if he plays

It's Sunday and was bored so just did the totting up of main stage acts over past couple of years apropos of nothing in particular.

In both years there were 28 acts (4 acts x 7 days).

In 2018 these acts came from : UK = 12; Europe = 11; USA = 5.

In 2019 these acts came from : UK = 14; Europe = 7; USA = 7.

Average : UK = 13; Europe = 9; USA = 6.

There you go. Exciting, hey? ?

• Upvote 2