NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hey, 

Crap news... I didn't have tickets yet either but proper rubbish news at a pretty low time. For a little comfort, to the ones with tickets, I can see them doing something to honour your tickets in some way. 

World seems to he slowly caving in on itself. 

To put things in perspective, I live two miles or so from one of the biggest children's hospitals in the country... they phoned me last night to tell me that my daughter had to go in for surgery (it was scheduled for six weeks time) as they're worried about oxygen levels with this virus and if she didn't have the operation it could be fatal, and the surgeons wanted to know they had done what they promised to do. Scary times. 

Just all take care of each other, and we will get out the other side however long it takes. 

I'm guessing the summer is going to be pretty much closed down, so just maybe all being well June '21, fancy it...?

Take care. 

Sending you big hugs and all the best for your daughter.  I think there's enough ingenuity and goodwill out there to keep some musical life and community spirit going over the summer - not least this forum, which has got me through some very bad times.

xx

12 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hey, 

Crap news... I didn't have tickets yet either but proper rubbish news at a pretty low time. For a little comfort, to the ones with tickets, I can see them doing something to honour your tickets in some way. 

To put things in perspective, I live two miles or so from one of the biggest children's hospitals in the country... they phoned me last night to tell me that my daughter had to go in for surgery (it was scheduled for six weeks time) as they're worried about oxygen levels with this virus and if she didn't have the operation it could be fatal, and the surgeons wanted to know they had done what they promised to do. Scary times. 

Just all take care of each other, and we will get out the other side however long it takes. 

I'm guessing the summer is going to be pretty much closed down, so just maybe all being well June '21, fancy it...?

Take care. 

Sending you and your daughter best of good vibes old son 

13 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hey, 

Take care. 

Best wishes to you, your daughter & the rest of the family.

Puts being asked not to go to the pub in perspective.

52 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks guys, she is just waiting to go in to surgery now 

All good wishes, hugs to your daughter, you and your family, and that you're all safe soon. It must be a stressful time x

35 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

How's it go old son.. 

It was a bigger op than usual and the sound is a little scary! She's okay and home which is the main thing. Stitches need to be removed via anaesthetic though and the settings of the shunt in her brain need changing within two weeks. Main thing is that the op is over - thanks Guy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

It was a bigger op than usual and the sound is a little scary! She's okay and home which is the main thing. Stitches need to be removed via anaesthetic though and the settings of the shunt in her brain need changing within two weeks. Main thing is that the op is over - thanks Guy.

Good to hear the op went ok Vintage. Hope she recovers soon.

Despite everything, spring is still happening and our neglected pond is once more graced by these:

20200321_162807.thumb.jpg.4b68516ed8cfa3dde7464aa713fb0865.jpg

As it looks unlikely we're going to get our caravan to a festival for a while, I've decided to decorate it with solar lights where it is now, in our front garden.  We need some light in the darkness!

Stay safe everyone.  xx

Good to hear from old son.. Thoughts to you and your family.. G

Haven't checked in on here for a bit, glad to hear it seems to have gone well pal.  Keeping everything crossed for a solid recovery.

And yep, keep well all of you.  Much love and stay safe x

16 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Good to hear that the op went well and trust that the rest of the procedure goes smoothly and she makes a good recovery.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Just thought I'd drop in and see how everyone is doing?  Hope you are all staying safe x

All good in the Northamptonshire outback thanks. Took my camera on my daily Boris walk hoping to catch some wildlife - when I did the same walk a few days ago without my camera I saw Hares, Muntjac, Pheasants. Of course today - saw diddley squat!! Anyway here's a few pictures of the local countryside. I feel incredibly privileged to have the countryside on my doorstep at the moment.

DSCN1468.JPG

DSCN1476.JPG

DSCN1482.JPG

DSCN1485.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Evening all, I'm pleased to see everyone is doing ok ish in these worrying times. When I first read the post from Stone cirlce, i felt ever so sad, even though it was what we all expected. Now I'm just bunkering down and working my way through it all. Hope you're all keeping yourselves safe. Much love and see you in 2021 xx

• Like 1

And your talking... Great stuff. Nice photos.. Must get some shrooms.. 

Bored init yes I am so if you can all talk amongst yourselves that would be grand.. I'm off to cut the grass.. And got to post letter to Charles tomo say hi to my queen.... Potato vodka looking like next on list.. That's if I don't get blown up.. At least the wife's OK so I won't starve... Anyone else washing there click and collect fuck Yea it's a STRANGE OLD WORLD we are in old sons... 

cartoon-cool-guy-in-blue-gas-mask-vector-10330698.jpg

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Evening all, I'm pleased to see everyone is doing ok ish in these worrying times. When I first read the post from Stone cirlce, i felt ever so sad, even though it was what we all expected. Now I'm just bunkering down and working my way through it all. Hope you're all keeping yourselves safe. Much love and see you in 2021 xx

Hi CG, glad you're ok and I hope you're able to keep yourself safe at work. What a strange life it is at the moment.  All my counselling work is now via telephone, which feels ok, but sometimes I'm wondering how I can help my clients when I'm scared too (my husband's in a high risk group). Following my own advice of accessing news only once a day from a reliable source would probably help!  On a positive note, it's made clearing a lot of work-related admin easy as it's now completely irrelevant.

After we got tickets in the secret resale in 2015, I decided I'd savour every moment on the farm and never take it for granted again.  I'm beginning to feel like that about any event where I can get together with fellow humans, not of my household.  When we come blinking into the light again, there is an opportunity for the Glasto spirit to be more present every day.  I so hope people take it.

xx

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Hi CG, glad you're ok and I hope you're able to keep yourself safe at work. What a strange life it is at the moment.  All my counselling work is now via telephone, which feels ok, but sometimes I'm wondering how I can help my clients when I'm scared too (my husband's in a high risk group). Following my own advice of accessing news only once a day from a reliable source would probably help!  On a positive note, it's made clearing a lot of work-related admin easy as it's now completely irrelevant.

After we got tickets in the secret resale in 2015, I decided I'd savour every moment on the farm and never take it for granted again.  I'm beginning to feel like that about any event where I can get together with fellow humans, not of my household.  When we come blinking into the light again, there is an opportunity for the Glasto spirit to be more present every day.  I so hope people take it.

xx

Being on night shift is probably the best option at the moment. Obviously i'm still touching surfaces that infected peple may have touched, I just need to keep washing the hands and not touch my face. PPE isn't abundant in this job! The news is scaring me too, I only watch the bulletin each day at 5 pm and that is a stark reminder of why we're on lockdown. Even driving to work is weird as there's far fewer cars out there. We're all scared to some extent Dizzy, you're still doing an amazing job keeping your clients calm and offering support. Try to bury your head in the sand a little bit and just keep you and your family safe. It's amazing how everyone is realising what is important in life. Something which all of us in here has always appreciated and not taken for granted... Friends and family xx

• Upvote 1

Hello chums, what very strange times we find ourselves in. 
VL, sending tons of love and positive thoughts to you xxx

I’m on furlough, and at my current man friends house as I was here when lockdown started. I’m having quite a lovely time pretending to be a 1950’s housewife :) 

massive love to everyone xxx

2 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hello chums, what very strange times we find ourselves in. 
VL, sending tons of love and positive thoughts to you xxx

I’m on furlough, and at my current man friends house as I was here when lockdown started. I’m having quite a lovely time pretending to be a 1950’s housewife :) 

massive love to everyone xxx

Well I can think of worse places to be in lockdown Lucy... I hope you still like him when all of this is over :wub: You take care my lovely xx

Edited by Curlygirl