NFR NFC for 2020

deebeedoobee

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 11:02 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Much love @lucyginger - well done for just keeping going. Take care and I wish you all the best.

Here if needed. 

x

Thank you xxx I’ve had a bit of a bad week but I’m ok. 
It’s super lovely to know you’re all here, even if I don’t post much sometimes. 
Much love to everyone xxx

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Oh how lovely! I’ve got some tomatoes that need repotting, might do that this afternoon. It’s lovely out but it is Fire Risk weather for us pasty types! 

I miss you guys, I’m totally coming to visit as soon as I can xxx

Aww, brill, you're welcome anytime, you know that. X

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 1:46 PM, lucyginger said:

Hello gang! How are we all? I’m watching a Take That concert on the telly. They make me happy!!

hello Lucy, I've not really been around these parts at all - various reasons - hope you're well

We've just had news that here the campsites can probably open 12th June, this has made me tres happy (after a really rubbish few weeks and ongoing cr*pness) and immediately the campsite phone lines are jammed, but trying to get in for a few days over Glastonbury weekend :-) .

Hope you;re keeping well xxx

On 5/5/2020 at 10:37 PM, lucyginger said:

Well, I had my first bereavement counselling yesterday, it was good but today is a bit difficult. I’m ok, it’s just weird. I feel weird. Please don’t worry, I’m at my man friends house but I’m just feeling fragile. Love you all, please send virtual love if you can. I wouldn’t usually ask but I’ve gone a tiny bit sideways xx. 

Hi Lucy

I've not been on here for a while and so apologies for being late to this. I trust the counselling is going well and is helpful. It's often said that the pain of grief dissipates over time - it doesn't. You do however learn to cope with it and replace it with memories of happy times. 

Hello all,

I've been so busy co-ordinating the reopening of work and writing policies, and generally being snowed under. Whilst home schooling and looking after my youngest! 

It's crazy times! I've been trying to get a bike too! it's been impossible! 

I hope you're all doing well! 

I booked Rhythm of the 90s tickets for November... I had too... I hope it goes ahead! 

Trying to welcome some positivity in at the moment.

Take care.

17 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Hi Lucy

I've not been on here for a while and so apologies for being late to this. I trust the counselling is going well and is helpful. It's often said that the pain of grief dissipates over time - it doesn't. You do however learn to cope with it and replace it with memories of happy times. 

No need to apologise xx therapy is going really well, I’m making progress even though it doesn’t feel like it sometimes! I’m keeping busy so I don’t go full self destruct (I’ve got form for it) and I’m staying above surface so I’m ok. 
Thank you for the message, hope everything is ok with you xx

16 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hello all,

I've been so busy co-ordinating the reopening of work and writing policies, and generally being snowed under. Whilst home schooling and looking after my youngest! 

It's crazy times! I've been trying to get a bike too! it's been impossible! 

I hope you're all doing well! 

I booked Rhythm of the 90s tickets for November... I had too... I hope it goes ahead! 

Trying to welcome some positivity in at the moment.

Take care.

Goodness me you are busy!!! Positivity is essential right now, go you! 😊

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

No need to apologise xx therapy is going really well, I’m making progress even though it doesn’t feel like it sometimes! I’m keeping busy so I don’t go full self destruct (I’ve got form for it) and I’m staying above surface so I’m ok. 
Thank you for the message, hope everything is ok with you xx

I'm fine thank you and so is all the family though we're naturally concerned about my 90 year old mother who lives on her own. She seems to be bearing up quite well but is getting increasingly fretful about how long it's all going to last.

A good friend of mine died from breast cancer a couple of months ago which has left me a little raw and I've been spending some time talking through things with her husband which has helped us both.

6 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Goodness me you are busy!!! Positivity is essential right now, go you! 😊

I'm trying to adopt a positive mindset so I don't self implode - but it's been up and down. 

I hope you're doing okay, and I'm glad you're keeping busy!

On 5/30/2020 at 1:46 PM, lucyginger said:

Hello gang! How are we all? I’m watching a Take That concert on the telly. They make me happy!!

I was dancing round the living room singing along with a glass of wine thinking they would go down a storm on the pyramid 🤩

they make me happy too 😀

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Nice @fatyeti24! I ordered the same colour, my post is somewhat sporadic so I might have it in a week or so!!

Hope you're both well.

We're fine thanks. Still waiting for the ok to reopen. On the plus side, the garden has never looked so good!  Today we took delivery of and built a swing seat.

I hope things are going well for you. 

20200618_143317.jpg

Likewise been a bit absent from the boards, had a week off work last week (seemed like a bloody waste but there we go!) so wasn't really on t'interwebs much in general.

Been getting loads done on the garden, which is nice. Just not having the commute every day has freed up so much time I've really managed to stay on top of stuff like deadheading, so everything's really flowering nicely.  Got a load of runner beans and tomatoes on the go as well, and it's just made it a really nice place to sit and chill.  Taking a lot of work phone calls in the garden as well, which does mean I've had to explain why people can hear birds and why I went offline because one of the cats walked across the keyboard again :lol:

Finally almost finished decorating the downstairs loo as well, just got the floor to lay now.  I absolutely detest DIY, but it's going to feel good when it's done.

Lots of outdoor time as well.  We've always loved where we live, but the combination of working from home and being restricted on how far we can travel means we've never appreciated it so much.  Lots of running, walking and cycling in the south downs. The only bit that's a bit of a stomach churner is that where I go running / walking you can see Brighton in the distance, and it make me realise how much I miss my gigs!

Hope the counselling helps @lucyginger, the occasional sideways lurch is only to be expected I guess but it's the overall trend that's important. Keep on keeping on, hugs and all that good stuff.

Taking a similar approach to @vintagelaureateand booking some gigs for the future to keep me happy.  Got Rolling Blackouts and The Beths booked for next year, and my Levellers, Dreadzone and Slow Readers Club gigs have all been postponed until Oct (realistically going to move again!).  Mrs Q's birthday present of the Dua Lipa gig has moved to Jan, and we're waiting to find out what happens with September's Alanis gig as well.  I think Rhythm of the 90s are supposed to be in Brighton in Nov, and Dub Pistols as well so will probably book those too.

Bit of a ramble. Been a bit up and down like everyone.  Last week has been more down than up, but that can happen at any time.  My thing is just not trying to overthink or read too much into it when I feel crap, let it wash over and come out the other side :)

3 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

We're fine thanks. Still waiting for the ok to reopen. On the plus side, the garden has never looked so good!  Today we took delivery of and built a swing seat.

I hope things are going well for you. 

20200618_143317.jpg

Garden is looking good, I like the touch of the socially distant chair! 😃 You can't see majority of my grass for plastic kids toys!

@Losing my hair so did I!