Jump to content

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

In the past there has been a seafood shack up by Williams Green too (not sure if I saw it in 2017 though!) 

Aye, I think that's the one I posted. Not sure if it was there in 2017. I didn't eat there at any rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a memory of a lobster / crab place opposite No Bones Jones. Sorry that's so vague but if you can track NBJ you have a chance to find that place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's been a crayfish place near Williams Green for a few years as well. Can't tell you any more about it as I'm veggie so didn't look any further just thought it was quite a niche food item. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

There's been a crayfish place near Williams Green for a few years as well. Can't tell you any more about it as I'm veggie so didn't look any further just thought it was quite a niche food item. 

They do a Crayfish boil.  I think they use the invading type so help reduce their numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

There's been a crayfish place near Williams Green for a few years as well. Can't tell you any more about it as I'm veggie so didn't look any further just thought it was quite a niche food item. 

does anyone have a map of food vendors yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gedh said:

They do a Crayfish boil.  I think they use the invading type so help reduce their numbers.

Yes it seemed an ethical thing to do as I know they are at risk of overrunning(or should that be overswimming) some other species. 

Just now, drunk pumpkin said:

does anyone have a map of food vendors yet?

Don't think we ever get one. I have been a big advocate of getting a food line up as well but that's one of the things we usually do on Wednesday. We try and walk around the whole site to see what has changed. Most tend to stay in the same area so much like a town or city that you visit infrequently you notice the changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes it seemed an ethical thing to do as I know they are at risk of overrunning(or should that be overswimming) some other species. 

Don't think we ever get one. I have been a big advocate of getting a food line up as well but that's one of the things we usually do on Wednesday. We try and walk around the whole site to see what has changed. Most tend to stay in the same area so much like a town or city that you visit infrequently you notice the changes. 

i do the same but with so many new places (or ones i've missed) i'd love a sneaky review before i get there. Would aid the obsessional excitment and general over thinking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

i do the same but with so many new places (or ones i've missed) i'd love a sneaky review before i get there. Would aid the obsessional excitment and general over thinking!

Yes it would especially as most of them have their own social media as well so you could find out if they are good or not. I hate when I buy a disappointing meal at Glastonbury because you know there are way more than enough great places that it never needs to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stall is called Crawfish Bob at Williams Green, they trap and use the invasive American species which is wiping out the native species. The gumbo is stunning, the crawfish boil is arguably better.

A damn tasty way to help the local ecosystem!!

Also in 2017, I had a cone of fantastic tempura salt and pepper squid from a place close to WG, cant remember exactly where, but I will certainly be searching for it this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heartbreaker said:

Also in 2017, I had a cone of fantastic tempura salt and pepper squid from a place close to WG, cant remember exactly where, but I will certainly be searching for it this year!

Did the squid come with chorizo because if so my husband had that as well. He said it was nice but not big enough and so declared he had to have second dinner when I eventually settled upon some poutine. I've just realised that he does this quite a lot!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one for Crawfish Bob. Would recommend extra spice too. Warms the cockles. A big old hug of a meal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I have been a big advocate of getting a food line up.

That sounds like an amazing idea. With it's own poster, right? I bet the peope that organise all the markets would love the idea of having their own poster :)

I wonder if anybody on the forum with the necessary design skills could have a go at one, just for fun? Maybe the festival would take it up as an idea for future festivals if they liked it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

 Maybe the festival would take it up as an idea for future festivals if they liked it?

I bet you a ton they don't.

Given the phenomenal quantity of suppliers and locations, in some cases with details presumably tweaked in the run up to the festival it would be a huge PITA for them without necessarily being beneficial to either the festival or the traders - the people who would appreciate it are clearly the attendees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I bet you a ton they don't.

Given the phenomenal quantity of suppliers and locations, in some cases with details presumably tweaked in the run up to the festival it would be a huge PITA for them without necessarily being beneficial to either the festival or the traders - the people who would appreciate it are clearly the attendees.

I'm not saying they will, but I think your reasons are odd. All the music stages aren't finalised until May and are subject to last minute tweaking and Glastonbury is all about doing things that benefit the attendees, not just the traders. Besides, I think it would benefit the (good) traders hugely.

I also don't think they'll do it, but I suspect the reasoning will be more that it'll be hard to show a preference to any one trader and it's have to be a massive list in alphabetical order, the crappy fish and chip vans would have to have the same billing as Le Rac Shac, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

That sounds like an amazing idea. With it's own poster, right? I bet the peope that organise all the markets would love the idea of having their own poster :)

I wonder if anybody on the forum with the necessary design skills could have a go at one, just for fun? Maybe the festival would take it up as an idea for future festivals if they liked it?

Bestival used to do a good food poster of their stalls in their food tent. Obviously on a much smaller scale but it was brilliant to be able to have a look prior an get excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Did the squid come with chorizo because if so my husband had that as well. He said it was nice but not big enough and so declared he had to have second dinner when I eventually settled upon some poutine. I've just realised that he does this quite a lot!!

Yep, thats the one! I also took the same approach to this particular dinner choice as your husband!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bombfrog said:

That sounds like an amazing idea. With it's own poster, right? I bet the peope that organise all the markets would love the idea of having their own poster :)

I wonder if anybody on the forum with the necessary design skills could have a go at one, just for fun? Maybe the festival would take it up as an idea for future festivals if they liked it?

It wouldn't even need to be that fancy just a list of traders they've given pitches to with website or social media details if they provided them and a category of food, clothing etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...