Clashfinder Stats

Mattymooz

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Was the excitement around his announcement in November inextricably linked to a new full-length album? I felt like there was more of a cultural importance to his booking, rather than new tunes. Do you think he might have just been announced way too early and they wasted all the buzz?

I was out the country so my finger was off the pulse but I thought it was quite muted.  I picked up the vibe that it was a relatively minor booking that would be bolstered by the other nights being bigger hitters. But back then people were still expectant re. Macca/ Fleetwood Mac / Lady Gaga etc.

Genuinely surprised so many people use multiple colours. I just use green, and each of my mates use one colour each.

I highlight multiple acts I might consider with the same colour, a quick scan and make a decision, partly informed by who elese will come with me.

27 minutes ago, DJL said:

Genuinely surprised so many people use multiple colours. I just use green, and each of my mates use one colour each.

I highlight multiple acts I might consider with the same colour, a quick scan and make a decision, partly informed by who elese will come with me.

I'm still convinced I'm doing it correctly and everyone else is plain wrong.

• Upvote 1

TBH the most suprising thing to me here is that people don't change the colour of their highlights. I use shades of red/orange/yellow to rank acts from must sees (just kylie this year) to acts that i enjoyed when I breifly went through all the acts as the lineups dropped (and of course I don't highlight the stuff I dont care about)

• 4 years later...
3 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Oh does it? I tried earlier, when I clicked 'premium' on the clashfinder it just 404'd to a dead page. More than happy to pay for it

Oh right! My apologies, thought you were just being a bit sneaky. Yeah it's easy enough, if you just make sure you're logged into Clashfinder and then go to this link: https://clashfinder.com/donate/ That worked for me. Donate through there and then you'll be able to access the Premium options on each clashfinder.

48 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

Oh right! My apologies, thought you were just being a bit sneaky. Yeah it's easy enough, if you just make sure you're logged into Clashfinder and then go to this link: https://clashfinder.com/donate/ That worked for me. Donate through there and then you'll be able to access the Premium options on each clashfinder.

I mean, I was being quite cheeky, but we can all ride the wave of 'don't ask, don't get' from time to time.

On the Clashfinder stats themselves, interesting to see AM as close to Elton as they are, and QOTSA seem to be struggling quite a bit

i feel like if kelis wasnt a headliner shed get a bigger crowd?  but opposite AM and Hotchip is tough at glastonbury

also arctics seemingly benefiting from no big other stage presence (in glastonbury terms, wizkid is a huge afrobeats stars).

Edited by TiZuff

Just now, JayDiesel said:

I mean, I was being quite cheeky, but we can all ride the wave of 'don't ask, don't get' from time to time.

On the Clashfinder stats themselves, interesting to see AM as close to Elton as they are, and QOTSA seem to be struggling quite a bit

Yeah it's tricky as I really want there to be a thread to talk about them but also I want people to have to donate to see them because the Clashfinder website does all us festival nerds a great service.

QOTSA would definitely have maybe even double their current % if they clashed with anyone except Elton. I've definitely used this list to help me with some clashes as I tend to try and go for the smaller crowds if I can as I like to be closer to the front! Part of me is delighted to see my top band, The Chicks, are all the way down at number 100.

11 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

i feel like if kelis wasnt a headliner shed get a bigger crowd?  but opposite AM and Hotchip is tough at glastonbury

Definitely.  She'd do well late afternoon on the pyramid but going against the headliners is a bit of a challenge.

That said, she is currently winning the race for my Friday night headliner

Signed up and paid my fees to clashfinder. 

What a shite by the way, the official app is just dreadful. 

What are the premium stats showing us then, number of artists that have been highlighted? Do we have any idea of the numbers actively using the clash finder and highlighting selections?

all it says is "very high" useage for the glasto clashfinder. i think its a good estimate tbh. i think if arctics had a big act (or simply fred again) on the other stage then they would be down a bit, but they dont so looks like 2 huge pyramid crowds for those two. which makes sense really when looking at the options and size of acts opposite.

think its just number of acts highlighted, doesnt take into account clashes, but that will be constant across the board so fair reflection.

From a DM chat.  A few of the acts have had their names changed at some point, resulting in 2 listings in the stats.  These include Yusuf, GnR & Fred.  Do people reckon the % matching the current spelling is the correct info, or do we need to add the both %'s together?  [third option, they're unrelated and we'll never know the correct figure for these acts]

• Fred currently on 37%, but plus an extra 14% and that'd make them 4th most popular act, between Foos & Blondie - so a very big crowd potentially
  • GnR currently on 30%, plus their 2nd spelling bumps them up to 42%, still below Lizzo but looking more respectable
  • Yusuf currently on 28%, and with both spellings makes them 39%, still a good bit below Blondie but seems a bit more likely

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

Like someone else said, it's the EJ-effect. But 24% of the remaining 32% ain't that half bad really and would account for about 35k people at the Other Stage. That's a pretty good turn out for any Other headliner.

EDIT: That's all based of course if people haven't highlighted more than one headliner, which I've done before when I can't decide where I'll be, and things like that etc.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

38 minutes ago, p.pete said:

From a DM chat.  A few of the acts have had their names changed at some point, resulting in 2 listings in the stats.  These include Yusuf, GnR & Fred.  Do people reckon the % matching the current spelling is the correct info, or do we need to add the both %'s together?  [third option, they're unrelated and we'll never know the correct figure for these acts]

• Fred currently on 37%, but plus an extra 14% and that'd make them 4th most popular act, between Foos & Blondie - so a very big crowd potentially
  • GnR currently on 30%, plus their 2nd spelling bumps them up to 42%, still below Lizzo but looking more respectable
  • Yusuf currently on 28%, and with both spellings makes them 39%, still a good bit below Blondie but seems a bit more likely

Good spot. I reckon people highlighted the old Clashfinder before the names got written in a second time. I would estimate the scores together would count. 

Also makes sense about Fred, he's been one of the most popular acts on here for months.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON