Vegan Traders

Bunbow

On 4/4/2022 at 1:14 PM, balti-pie said:

precisely. And i'm liable to get into the situation of seeing too many things i really fancy, not being able to fit them in at the time, and then never getting round that way again when hungry. I'm still thinking of the fries with a marmite topping i missed out on in 2019 cos i couldnt find the bloody stall again . . . . 

i'm going to be having a vegan day at glastonbury this year, i typically have a couple of days of only veggie food there cos its so good, and its nice to try different stuff - and i prefer keeping meat as an occasional, and not as a staple. the vegan fried chick'n was much raved about by my mates in 2019 so i'll very definitely be giving that a bash - i'd love it right now! 

Not sure where in the world you are, but oowee in Bristol do marmite fries if you don't get the chance to try them at glasto. Was actually craving them today, was going to try and DIY it.

15 hours ago, Lushroom said:

Not sure where in the world you are, but oowee in Bristol do marmite fries if you don't get the chance to try them at glasto. Was actually craving them today, was going to try and DIY it.

i'm in Sussex, its a fair old drive, but definitely worth remembering if im nearby soon, thanks! i'd imagine it would be some kind of marmite-infused butter topping for the fries, right? that could definitely be attempted at home . . . . 

12 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i'm in Sussex, its a fair old drive, but definitely worth remembering if im nearby soon, thanks! i'd imagine it would be some kind of marmite-infused butter topping for the fries, right? that could definitely be attempted at home . . . . 

oowee are coming to Brighton in the summer (they did have a pop up shop but don't think they do any more).

https://ooweevegan.com/brighton/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

oowee are coming to Brighton in the summer (they did have a pop up shop but don't think they do any more).

https://ooweevegan.com/brighton/

Yeah, they had two locations here through most of the Pandemic lockdowns. They had a "delivery only" kitchen out in Hove, and also were running out of the kitchen at the Western Front pub in central Brighton.

Both are sadly gone now in preparation of them getting their own premise. Fortunately there is no shortage of other vegan burger takeaways in Brighton haha.

43 minutes ago, Sku said:

Yeah, they had two locations here through most of the Pandemic lockdowns. They had a "delivery only" kitchen out in Hove, and also were running out of the kitchen at the Western Front pub in central Brighton.

Both are sadly gone now in preparation of them getting their own premise. Fortunately there is no shortage of other vegan burger takeaways in Brighton haha.

I'll give them a look. Took my non-veggie mate to Halo Burger the other week and he was properly impressed, any other suggestions?

Trying to convince him to join me at the Hope for one of their dogs next...

Edited by Quark

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I'll give them a look. Took my non-veggie mate to Halo Burger the other week and he was properly impressed, any other suggestions?

You need to try the vegan kebabs at The Hope. I've been eating them since Beelzebab started out as a street food vendor. Superb food. They'd clean up at Glastonbury.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I rate "Vegan Noms" operating in the Worlds End on London Road.

As well as the standard beyond meat/moving mountains style vegan burgers (they serve a "Big Mock"), they also have a "Crispy Coated Oyster Mushroom" burger as well a "Chick'n Royale with Cheeze". 

"Gooder Kebab" operates a late night junk food style vegan takeaway. The kebabs and burgers are excellent. They are currently operating out of another vegan takeaway called "Really Happy Chicken", while there own shop is refitted.  They have a "Malaysian Burger", which is a beyond patty, peanut butter, chilli marmalade, and THIS isn't bacon. It's great.

I don't rate Really Happy Chicken as much, it is good, but the chicken seitan they make is too "heavy" for my preference and always leaves me feeling bloated afterwards.

6 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

You need to try the vegan kebabs at The Hope. I've been eating them since Beelzebab started out as a street food vendor. Superb food. They'd clean up at Glastonbury.

Again, a great choice. Really spoiled here in Brighton! Proper dirty junk food, definitely the one for after a couple of drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

talking of Brighton and great vegan eats, i really want to see them put a Bundobust down here- It's excellent indian street food, all veggie and probs about half vegan menu - a food and craft beer place with about twenty beers on tap at their Leeds and Manchester branches. Its such good food and so well put through as a concept, they do a 'one of everything on the menu' for about £70 and between six of us, it was an absolutely incredible feed. It totally satisfies any meaty people, as well. 

Every now and again i tweet them and ask them to open up in Brighton, hopefully one of these days they'll do it just to shut me up 😆

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I've had the krautwork dog and the pengest poppers, but not tried the kebabs yet. Duly added to the list.

3 minutes ago, Sku said:

I rate "Vegan Noms" operating in the Worlds End on London Road.

As well as the standard beyond meat/moving mountains style vegan burgers (they serve a "Big Mock"), they also have a "Crispy Coated Oyster Mushroom" burger as well a "Chick'n Royale with Cheeze". 

"Gooder Kebab" operates a late night junk food style vegan takeaway. The kebabs and burgers are excellent. They are currently operating out of another vegan takeaway called "Really Happy Chicken", while there own shop is refitted.  They have a "Malaysian Burger", which is a beyond patty, peanut butter, chilli marmalade, and THIS isn't bacon. It's great.

I don't rate Really Happy Chicken as much, it is good, but the chicken seitan they make is too "heavy" for my preference and always leaves me feeling bloated afterwards.

Lovely stuff, cheers for the recommendations!

Just realised that there's a What The Pitta in Brighton as well. Been to the one in Croydon Boxpark, definitely recommend the vegan gyros. Proper lovely. One of my workmates is what you'd class (and she classes) as a very traditional South African, very sceptical of any pretend meat, and even she admitted it was bloody lovely.

23 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

talking of Brighton and great vegan eats, i really want to see them put a Bundobust down here- It's excellent indian street food, all veggie and probs about half vegan menu - a food and craft beer place with about twenty beers on tap at their Leeds and Manchester branches. Its such good food and so well put through as a concept, they do a 'one of everything on the menu' for about £70 and between six of us, it was an absolutely incredible feed. It totally satisfies any meaty people, as well. 

Every now and again i tweet them and ask them to open up in Brighton, hopefully one of these days they'll do it just to shut me up 😆

Sounds great, get it down here!

Funny how all the Brightonians have congregated in the vegan thread. Typical.

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just realised that there's a What The Pitta in Brighton as well. Been to the one in Croydon Boxpark, definitely recommend the vegan gyros. Proper lovely. One of my workmates is what you'd class (and she classes) as a very traditional South African, very sceptical of any pretend meat, and even she admitted it was bloody lovely.

Yeah, What the Pitta is great. I find the portions to be unbelievably large, and so do I struggle with it a bit as someone who was brought up to "clear the plate", unless I have someone to share with.

11 minutes ago, Sku said:

Sounds great, get it down here!

Funny how all the Brightonians have congregated in the vegan thread. Typical.

Yeah, What the Pitta is great. I find the portions to be unbelievably large, and so do I struggle with it a bit as someone who was brought up to "clear the plate", unless I have someone to share with.

Who knew 🙂

Whilst we are on the topic Brightonion vegan kebabs Falafofil on Gardner Street are also superb and slightly more manageable than What the Pitta's huge portions

*pencils in What The Pitta for next trip to Brighton*

Im in Eastbourne, so only half an hour down the coast - always happy to find more reasons to head over though 😋 got tickets for a gig next month (man on man at the green door store, if anyone else is going) so great beers and eats beforehand is absolutely on the agenda! 

49 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

*pencils in What The Pitta for next trip to Brighton*

Im in Eastbourne, so only half an hour down the coast - always happy to find more reasons to head over though 😋 got tickets for a gig next month (man on man at the green door store, if anyone else is going) so great beers and eats beforehand is absolutely on the agenda! 

My kinda guy. None of this "portions are too big" nonsense 😄

6 hours ago, Quark said:

I've had the krautwork dog and the pengest poppers, but not tried the kebabs yet. Duly added to the list.

Not vegan myself but the majority of my pals are and those poppers are truly unreal. Would order them over actual chicken any day. 

1 minute ago, oakdown said:

Not vegan myself but the majority of my pals are and those poppers are truly unreal. Would order them over actual chicken any day. 

I found an entire portion on my own a bit much, not volume but just because I don't eat a massive a mount of salt. But yeah, they're bloody lovely

I've got myself a map of stall locations so I'll just start messaging stall holders and asking which stall they've got and then I'll have precise locations! Any insta/twitter/email addys for these people not already on this thread and related lists will be handy so I can get in touch with them all. Having to crowdsource this as GFL for some reason do not want to help me out and just give me the list.