Worthy View vs Love fields

Just.a.Rascal

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife are coming from overseas to attend Glastonbury. Unfortunately I will not be able reach Glastonbury till Thursday evening. This along with other factors has forced me to choose between WV pre erected tent during resale and Love fields PYO tent. Which one you Glasto veterans think would be better choice logistics wise? Given that there is no hill to climb, I am currently leaning towards Love field. I would highly appreciate your inputs in this regard. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Just.a.Rascal

Both are close the the gates and in good positions. If the hill bothers you, then go with Love Fields.  The hill is steep, but there is a hand rail and sort-of steps.  It is merciful short though, and the views are rather lovely up there.  I do believe Love Fields is a wee bit more expensive. 

58 minutes ago, Just.a.Rascal said:

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife are coming from overseas to attend Glastonbury. Unfortunately I will not be able reach Glastonbury till Thursday evening. This along with other factors has forced me to choose between WV pre erected tent during resale and Love fields PYO tent. Which one you Glasto veterans think would be better choice logistics wise? Given that there is no hill to climb, I am currently leaning towards Love field. I would highly appreciate your inputs in this regard. Thank you in advance.

You will be lucky to get a WV tent tbh. They sold out in October... and any that go on resale will be gone in milliseconds. 

Worthy view is brilliant though im staying again this year. 

I should also ask - are you driving??  If you are driving you can park nearby but if you are getting the coach/train then there is a shuttle bus from the drop off point to Worth View. There is no shuttle bus to Love Fields so you would have to lug yourself across the entire site.

• Like 1

Worthy view was relatively easy to get a ticket in 2016 and there seemed to be loads back on sale at various times . This year it was like getting a ticket very stressful . Haven't seen any on resale but I'm sure some will reappear after the ticket resale . The hill depends on how fit you are it's not massive but at the end of a long day it's a walk . Probably looking at 45 mins from pyramid or other stage . Never been to love fields so can't compare . Good luck with whichever you choose 

32 minutes ago, karaseen said:

I should also ask - are you driving??  If you are driving you can park nearby but if you are getting the coach/train then there is a shuttle bus from the drop off point to Worth View. There is no shuttle bus to Love Fields so you would have to lug yourself across the entire site.

I wonder if there is a taxi rank that could drop at lovefields? I really liked Lovefields and so close to my favourite part, the T&C fields. Haven't done WV

7 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

I wonder if there is a taxi rank that could drop at lovefields? I really liked Lovefields and so close to my favourite part, the T&C fields. Haven't done WV

There is a taxi rank at Glastonbury but access to many of the roads near the festival are via special window stickers.  Even the love fields website says that from the Taxi drop off point you have to get a shuttle bus to PG A.  You would still have to walk across the site.

33 minutes ago, Just.a.Rascal said:

Hi Guys,

Haven't done either but if the extortionate cost doesn't put you off I'd favour Love Fields, mainly on the basis of the location, just outside Ped Gate C. Coming in via Theatre & Circus is a great way to enter the place, and you're much nearer the Pyramid, West Holts and JP. Slightly further away from SE Corner and Other than WV but only thing that's really miles away is the Park/Arcadia.

Some feedback on it here:

• Like 1

Best thing about WV is the ease of access if travelling by car. Car park is close to the camping field. Mind you I missed the turn off the main road from Glastonbury town to pilton and had to do a u turn, seems the sign for WV had been knocked over! The hill isn’t too bad, even in the mud of 2016. Great night views over the site. I think this year they are having a proper resale, in the past they just put them up for sale as cancellations came in.

Can’t comment on Love Fields, but WV was great when we stayed there last time.

If you like The Park and Arcadia it’s ideal. In fact it’s well situated unless you want to spend a lot of time in JP, that was a trek! 

WV was quiet, had some good food options for brekkie and showers/toilets were fine. 

Main attraction is how close the car park is to camping, as others have said. Less than 10 minutes from car to tent. 

39 minutes ago, karaseen said:

There is a taxi rank at Glastonbury but access to many of the roads near the festival are via special window stickers.  Even the love fields website says that from the Taxi drop off point you have to get a shuttle bus to PG A.  You would still have to walk across the site.

that's a right pain its so far from gate A

1 hour ago, karaseen said:

I am not driving. How long do you think it would take us to go to love fields from Ped Gate A?

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Haven't done either but if the extortionate cost doesn't put you off I'd favour Love Fields, mainly on the basis of the location, just outside Ped Gate C. Coming in via Theatre & Circus is a great way to enter the place, and you're much nearer the Pyramid, West Holts and JP. Slightly further away from SE Corner and Other than WV but only thing that's really miles away is the Park/Arcadia.

Some feedback on it here:

I agree. It was also my first impression after looking at the map. It seems love field would be a better choice location wise than WV though a bit more expensive and we also have to carry tent and stuff with us.

I'm at Worthy View for the second time this year and I can recommend it, I think is decent value for money. I think the location of Lovefields is better but the PYO price is a little bit much.

It depends on what you want, WV the tents are great and the parking is adjacent to the field. It is at the top of a hill, but if you are ambulant it is fine and you have the option of Strummerville as a stop off point, to be followed by the WV refreshment field replete with bar, coffee and one hell of view. 

Both options very good though especially for late arrivals. As others have said keep an eye on the website for WV tents as they do become available after the resale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Just.a.Rascal said:

I am not driving. How long do you think it would take us to go to love fields from Ped Gate A?

It's a bit of a trek. Was bloody awful lugging a heavy tent across in the baking heat of the Wednesday in 2017 (although I'll take that again over any r*in, please, Weather Gods). With all your gear it'll take the best part of an hour, for sure.

We have done Worthy View and Tangerine Fields, I think TF is better than WV, a short walk from gate B and all the same facilities, similar pricing. Both are sold out at present but TF is advertising resales on the 29th. It maybe another option to throw into the mix.

4 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

It's a bit of a trek. Was bloody awful lugging a heavy tent across in the baking heat of the Wednesday in 2017 (although I'll take that again over any r*in, please, Weather Gods). With all your gear it'll take the best part of an hour, for sure.

Is it just me....been so good the last couple of summers that I feel it can't last..... Maybe I need new wellies! Mrs Lycra however says a mud pack would be good for my face....cheeky lady...I have you know I'm a toyboy!

My wife and I are also attending Glasto from overseas.  We've stayed at Love Fields for the last two festivals and enjoyed it very much.  The location is perfect; it's close enough to the main stages to pop back to the tent, and the facilities are clean.

As others have mentioned, the biggest challenges are getting to the LF site at the start of the festival, and leaving at the end.  It's a long hike from Gate A to Gate C, and there's no good way to get to gate C without a car.

In 2016 we took a cab from Bristol to LF and got caught in a massive traffic jam on arrival.  We also had to engineer a ride out (Love Fields gave us a ride to the bus station in Wells).  In 2017 we took a coach from London and dragged our suitcases from Gate A to Gate C in the stifling heat.  At least there wasn't any mud in 2017.  This year we're going to bite the bullet and rent a car in Bristol and drive down.  Expensive but attending Glasto from overseas is already a bucket list trip. 

Since  you're arriving on Thursday, you'll miss the worst traffic in the Gate C area.  You could probably buy a car pass from Love Fields, and then take a taxi from Bristol, Castle Clary, or someplace nearby and get to the site without too much hassle (by displaying the pass at the checkpoints).  The hard part will be exiting the site on Monday morning because there's no realistic way for a cab to pick you up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Love fields is near Gate C.

I have been informed that Love fields PYO tent is completely sold out. Now they are offering new for 2019 Highlands field which is apparently 2 mins away from LF. They are claiming that it is 20 to 30 mins away from Pyramid Stage. Does anyone have any idea about Highlands field? They are charging the same. I am now thinking of trying my luck in worthy view resale.

49 minutes ago, Just.a.Rascal said:

Love fields is near Gate C.

I have been informed that Love fields PYO tent is completely sold out. Now they are offering new for 2019 Highlands field which is apparently 2 mins away from LF. They are claiming that it is 20 to 30 mins away from Pyramid Stage. Does anyone have any idea about Highlands field? They are charging the same. I am now thinking of trying my luck in worthy view resale.

I'm guessing that wherever it is, it's up a hill - cos everything is uphill from gate c apart from lovefields.

1 hour ago, Just.a.Rascal said:

I'd ask them to tell you exactly where it is, what it's next to etc.

With that name it does sound like it's going to be further up a hill (LF itself is up a bit of a hill but nothing like WV).