Emily vs. The Gammons

CaledonianGonzo

16 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

When I think back to how things were at gigs I used to attend in the 80s, it must have been awful for the female artists. Chants of "Get her tits out for the lads" and being treated like novelty acts, I remember Kerrang printing a poster of Doro Pesch having an entirely accidental wardrobe malfunction. Can you imagine the thought process? Lads, her button's popped and we got it on camera, let's make it a poster!

Things have happily moved on but there is still a very long way to go.

I remember those days.

Ironically there was also the accusation that, far from being held back due to their sex,female artists like Doro, Lita Ford, Lisa  Dominique and others were getting more coverage in Kerrang because they were female.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Maple syrup on gammon though....

I have both  gammon in the fridge and maple syrup in the cupboard and I am now using all my energy resisting the urge to get out of bed and go downstairs to eat it.

My wife has Cooked the gammon joint as we have visitors tomorrow.

May need to google divorce lawyers to price up a divorce to see if I can afford it before I start hacking into the joint 

On 3/30/2019 at 2:03 PM, bamber said:

Lauryn Hill is playing, so the line-up is most certainly not weak. Only the fucking Beatles would surpass that IMHO. Help me get a ticket.

Get a job, girl honestly you’d love it

Just now, H.M.V said:

You really skipped over everything to have a pop at Bamber? Wow

No I did not I wasn’t having a go at anybody, I want get a job at Glastonbury, I may not have read every single comment but was just offering a bit of advice. Jeez 

9 minutes ago, the beadle said:

No I did not I wasn’t having a go at anybody, I want get a job at Glastonbury, I may not have read every single comment but was just offering a bit of advice. Jeez 

So sorry, got your point now. Missed the vital bit however Bamber has been to a hella lot of Glastonburys and will know all his options. Sorry again for taking you up wrong. Bit tired. x

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

So sorry, got your point now. Missed the vital bit however Bamber has been to a hella lot of Glastonburys and will know all his options. Sorry again for taking you up wrong. Bit tired. x

? no worries, see you there

Just now, MetaKate said:

Honestly the most racist thing in this thread, referring to us as a state like that. We have provinces!

*lines up a row of maple syrup shots* 

So sorry my lovely, can I offer you a leprachaun and some Guinness at the efests meet? (looking forward to some smashing times with you. :D )

Just now, H.M.V said:

So sorry my lovely, can I offer you a leprachaun and some Guinness at the efests meet? (looking forward to some smashing times with you. :D )

Picture this. It's like a jaegarbomb but instead its a shot of maple syrup dropped into a Guinness. We can call it a leprebomb, maplechaun? I'm not sure...it'll come it me. 

5 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Picture this. It's like a jaegarbomb but instead its a shot of maple syrup dropped into a Guinness. We can call it a leprebomb, maplechaun? I'm not sure...it'll come it me. 

See you at the Ridge and Furrow, we'll totally figure it out together. If we're still standing. Oh oh oh, lets do mini guinnesses? 

7 hours ago, august1 said:

I duno if read correctly about bookers going to Emily with their finished line ups, I assumed all the details with the acts were sorted?  

She says not enough females so some of them get told on yer bike or did they not know they were in the frame to begin with?

I think the bookers present lists of what they propose to try and book before they start booking. 

12 hours ago, DJL said:

What is the pay gap down to?

The pay gap is down to life choices. Women go to university more than men. https://www.bbc.com/news/education-37107208

But women choose less-highly paid subjects like English Literature and social science degrees. Men choose things like engineering, economics etc. Countries with more 'freedom' to choose what you want to study have even higher levels of disparity between the sexes. https://www.thejournal.ie/gender-equality-countries-stem-girls-3848156-Feb2018/

There might be cases of discrimination, but when we have freedom of opportunity to study what we want, most women and men choose different fields. That's fine by me, as I find it the fairest way.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, H.M.V said:

See you at the Ridge and Furrow, we'll totally figure it out together. If we're still standing. Oh oh oh, lets do mini guinnesses? 

Looking forward to sitting back and watching @MetaKate's turn to be dragged round and introduced to everyone by efests' resident mad drunk auntie :P x

• Upvote 1

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The pay gap is down to life choices. Women go to university more than men. https://www.bbc.com/news/education-37107208

But women choose less-highly paid subjects like English Literature and social science degrees. Men choose things like engineering, economics etc. Countries with more 'freedom' to choose what you want to study have even higher levels of disparity between the sexes. https://www.thejournal.ie/gender-equality-countries-stem-girls-3848156-Feb2018/

There might be cases of discrimination, but when we have freedom of opportunity to study what we want, most women and men choose different fields. That's fine by me, as I find it the fairest way.

I can't tell if you're trolling this thread or not.  Genuinely can't tell.  If you're honestly putting the gender pay gap, with the exception of "some cases of discrimination" down to life choices, then I really don't know what to tell you. Just.....no.

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Wow, for real?

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I can't tell if you're trolling this thread or not.  Genuinely can't tell.  If you're honestly putting the gender pay gap, with the exception of "some cases of discrimination" down to life choices, then I really don't know what to tell you. Just.....no.

Why is it that when someone offers an opposing view and doesn't just further the narrative get slammed as a troll? That's a great way to have a dialogue.

More women go to university than men and everyone has the freedom to choose what they want to study. Women can study what they want and so can men. How is that not a life choice? Perhaps you could tell me what the pay gap is down to in your opinion instead of just insulting me?