Ticket Balance Payments

JoeyT

31 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Got my balance payment reminder email last night.

Roll on Monday :D

Same.... 

Quick question.. im sure you think we did last time.... but can one person pay for everyones ticket in the group and thus only have to pay the transaction fee once? 

2 hours ago, Havors said:

Same.... 

Quick question.. im sure you think we did last time.... but can one person pay for everyones ticket in the group and thus only have to pay the transaction fee once? 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Everyone pays the £5 booking fee (SeeTickets retain this) however you will only pay one post and packing fee of. 8.95 by paying as a group. :)

Edited by StoneCircle

8 minutes ago, gibble said:

I've tried looking back through the thread but can't see an exact answer to this... we have coach tickets - is there any advantage to paying in one transaction?

You will  only pay one postage fee of. 8.95 by paying as a group. :)

13 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

No, everyone pays the £5 transaction fee (SeeTickets retain this) however you will only pay one postage fee of. 8.95 by paying as a group. :)

£5 is the booking fee..... £8.95 is the transactions fee.... i.e card fee and postage. 

12 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

You will  only pay one postage fee of. 8.95 by paying as a group. :)

Thanks but no postage fee is listed as it’s an e-ticket. It states that the transaction fee is £1.50 for the e-ticket. Would we just pay that once if we did one transaction? Not sure if this is worth the hassle! 

27 minutes ago, gibble said:

Thanks but no postage fee is listed as it’s an e-ticket. It states that the transaction fee is £1.50 for the e-ticket. Would we just pay that once if we did one transaction? Not sure if this is worth the hassle! 

My bad. It would appear that you would only pay one amount of £1.50 should you pay as a group. Each person will still have to pay a £5 booking fee. 

Screenshot_2019-03-28_112411.jpg

Edited by StoneCircle

The results are in. 
IF (and it's a  big if) everyone who voted really has a ticket, that's at least 565 tickets back in the pot ?

If the 20% of returns is matched across the 135,000 sold in October, 27,000 will be up for grabs on the 25th & 28th April.Screenshot_20190328-161634_Twitter.thumb.jpg.d771b5edf5269783515c57234746d3ca.jpg

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The results are in. 
IF (and it's a  big if) everyone who voted really has a ticket, that's at least 565 tickets back in the pot ?

If the 20% of returns is matched across the 135,000 sold in October, 27,000 will be up for grabs on the 25th & 28th April.

Haven't done the math for previous years (and won't do) but that must be a very very high number surely?

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Haven't done the math for previous years (and won't do) but that must be a very very high number surely?

Yeah, I think it's been skewed by people voting for "not going because of the lineup" who haven't got a ticket anyway. Before it was retweeted by other Glastonbury accounts it had just over 1,000 votes and was running at about 13% not paying. It shot up to 20% pretty quickly when shared a little wider.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah, I think it's been skewed by people voting for "not going because of the lineup" who haven't got a ticket anyway. Before it was retweeted by other Glastonbury accounts it had just over 1,000 votes and was running at about 13% not paying. It shot up to 20% pretty quickly when shared a little wider.

But people who follow the Glasto Thingy on Twitter are probably more interested and invested in Glasto than your average ticket buyer and so more likely to keep their ticket.

Even on this forum, loads of people have dropouts from their group, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if 20% was right.

Can I just ask. If you go for tickets in the resale for someone you don't know how does the payment work? Do you get to the payment screen and ask them for their payment details to input?  Or pay for it and hope they repay you? I'm sure I've known this in the past but can't remember. As it's full ticket cost it's quite an undertaking but would like to help if I can.

9 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Can I just ask. If you go for tickets in the resale for someone you don't know how does the payment work? Do you get to the payment screen and ask them for their payment details to input?  Or pay for it and hope they repay you? I'm sure I've known this in the past but can't remember. As it's full ticket cost it's quite an undertaking but would like to help if I can.

It's a bit of a minefield when it comes to the resales unfortunately and usually requires trust for both scenarios. If the person helping get the ticket was paying for it then you would need to trust that the ticket holder would pay back or the ticket holder would have to trust bank/card details with the person helping. It's always been a tricky one to organise. Mind (not to say it hasn't happened) I've not heard of any issues like that around here where people have paid and not been reimbursed etc unless i've missed it. 

• Upvote 1