Jump to content
jj200

2020 headliners

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Glasto chat will love RHCP headlining. Seems like that kind of band.

Aye because they're all stuck in 2004.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jparx said:

Aye because they're all stuck in 2004.

True that. I had to leave that group because outside of RHCP, Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, Green Day - Glasto chat don’t seem to really want anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

True that. I had to leave that group because outside of RHCP, Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, Green Day - Glasto chat don’t seem to really want anyone else.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a479627780b26de29bf

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

True that. I had to leave that group because outside of RHCP, Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, Green Day - Glasto chat don’t seem to really want anyone else.

There’s another one called, not very imaginatively, ‘Glastonbury Festival’, which seems much the same. I don’t know why I joined them really, constant rubbish, all very gammony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

There’s another one called, not very imaginatively, ‘Glastonbury Festival’, which seems much the same. I don’t know why I joined them really, constant rubbish, all very gammony.

You're all forgetting Calvin Harris and Drake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ditched Facebook about a year ago, don’t miss it one bit, my life is honestly a whole lot better for it. Full of absolute idiots, groups like Glasto chat even more so. It’s just mental pollution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I ditched Facebook about a year ago, don’t miss it one bit, my life is honestly a whole lot better for it. Full of absolute idiots, groups like Glasto chat even more so. It’s just mental pollution.

I ditched fb over a year ago too and I don’t miss it at all.

Glasto chat was harmless fun but I found that every announcement faced such negative backlash and it became such a negative space for enjoying Glastonbury festival. I can’t believe how many people attend every year which refuse to even to try and enjoy the lineup. 
 

When is it going to click for some people that if you haven’t listened to any new music since 2003 - maybe the lineup won’t be fully reflective of your tastes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

When is it going to click for some people that if you haven’t listened to any new music since 2003 - maybe the lineup won’t be fully reflective of your tastes?

Alternatively, when is it going to click for some people that lots of live music fans don't move with the times, Facebook groups are probably a more accurate reflection of the Glasto-going population than we are and popular entry-level rock bands still rule with the general public?

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Alternatively, when is it going to click for some people that lots of live music fans don't move with the times, Facebook groups are probably a more accurate reflection of the Glasto-going population than we are and popular entry-level rock bands still rule with the general public?

I really disagree when gigs sell out now faster than I’ve ever seen and current acts at festivals tend to get a roaring reception. 
 

I just think the festival audience is more progressive and on the pulse than it’s given credit for. Unfortunately those that don’t move with the times have the loudest voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys need to remember this place does tend to be one big circle jerk at times as well - y'all will drag an artist you don't like through the mud (and not even the good Glastonbury mud).

Anyway, for what it's worth, I'd be happy if Kendrick played and I'd be happy if RHCP played; would see either. Kendrick is a great act and deserves his chance whilst RHCP have a phenomenal amount of hits and have played some amazing live sets (yeah, I said it). We always talk about how there's so many other stages and there's so much on but will moan when anyone we randomly deem unworthy is linked. It's exhausting.

  • Upvote 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slugworth said:

I'm team RHCP  *ducks* 

I think they'd know the importance of bringing their A game for Glastonbury.

 

 

Their A live game is still shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

You guys need to remember this place does tend to be one big circle jerk at times as well - y'all will drag an artist you don't like through the mud (and not even the good Glastonbury mud).

Anyway, for what it's worth, I'd be happy if Kendrick played and I'd be happy if RHCP played; would see either. Kendrick is a great act and deserves his chance whilst RHCP have a phenomenal amount of hits and have played some amazing live sets (yeah, I said it). We always talk about how there's so many other stages and there's so much on but will moan when anyone we randomly deem unworthy is linked. It's exhausting.

Anyone able to donate an upvote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Anyone able to donate an upvote?

A Joint one for me and you mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Their A live game is still shit

I haven't seen much of them live other than the Slane Castle gig. 

What happened for them to nose dive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until we get something to signify Kendrick, RHCP look around have something to suggest them more than Kendrick, also would tick a band box. With Macca apparently doing France, I see him doing Glasto again. Balanced, would see all of them, get a few drinks down ya and sing along to some brilliant pepper hits.

RHCP

Macca

T Swizzle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jparx said:

I agree with most of this, but RHCP are genuinely awful live and I'd be quite surprised if the public perception would be "they smashed it". If they put in the kind of performance as the last time they did T in the Park, which was fucking dire on TV, Joe Public certainly won't be raving about it like The Killers. 

Moot point anyway cos it's totes Kenny, Macca and Taylor 🥰

Absolutely this. The Chilis used to be good but are just personality free, characterless bilge now. They would be a dull booking. Still the last thing I want is three pyramid must sees so it wouldn’t affect my festival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I haven't seen much of them live other than the Slane Castle gig. 

What happened for them to nose dive?

For me, it's inexplicable. I'm angry at them. I became a fan (casual, but firm) after BSSM and delved backwards to my delight. Saw them three times and been awful every time. I don't get it. They're all great at their jobs but don't seem to mesh for me. My only caveat? Always been at festival gigs, never their own. Are they better if it's their own crowd? Regardless, doesn't bode well for Glasto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

We've been talking about RHCP for so many pages now I forget... is there anything actually linking them?
 

Tour dates mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone for Arctic Monkeys conversation? There odds have rocketed, probably due to people thinking they’ll be around, people might know something who knows there near Macca and Swizzle now. Find it strange how Kennys the favourite... 

obvs odds mean noot 

0C195D16-6D6C-4DC4-A41F-79387FF5CFD4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Until we get something to signify Kendrick, RHCP look around have something to suggest them more than Kendrick, also would tick a band box. With Macca apparently doing France, I see him doing Glasto again. Balanced, would see all of them, get a few drinks down ya and sing along to some brilliant pepper hits.

RHCP

Macca

T Swizzle

Obvs RHCP are old school as fuck (Am I a gammon if I like Green Day? a lot of the recent chat on this thread is making me question my identity)....but there surely has to be at least one band? Kendrick, swizzle and macca is just one too many solo artists. Does the thingy know the last time this happened?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is odd that the Arctic Monkeys have rocketed up, but then again Fleetwood Mac are still quite high up and yet they have been ruled out - so the odds probably aren’t a great barometer at all.

The oddest looking one on that list has to be Aerosmith - the rest you can see the potential whether you like them or not, but Aerosmith just doesn’t make sense at all

Edited by circus92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Obvs RHCP are old school as fuck (Am I a gammon if I like Green Day? a lot of the recent chat on this thread is making me question my identity)....but there surely has to be at least one band? Kendrick, swizzle and macca is just one too many solo artists. Does the thingy know the last time this happened?

 

Agreed on this - should be minimum 1 guitar band

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zak14 said:

Taylor Swift has just posted this on Facebook 

https://m.facebook.com/notes/taylor-swift/dont-know-what-else-to-do/10156631338812023/

 

very interesting she mentions not being able to perform her old songs for recorded events until November 2020, will this be a dealbreaker for Glastonbury if she cannot get it sorted?

Doesn’t sound good at all - with Glastonbury being broadcast on BBC this sounds like a major issue to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...