2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, Hart Attack said:

Not festival related, but I made an album rating/review site: https://viberat.es

Mainly for my web development portfolio (trying to get a new job soon) but hopefully over time it'll build up a decent size database of music with scores, discussions etc.

Can we join in with album reviews or does it have to be all your work

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Maps courtesy of Randlmill twitter, leaked apparently which is why they’re blurred but we can guess the stages based on the size I’d imagine. 

25BC45FB-0C6F-419C-B84C-9D72332F3DA1.jpeg

8CB38D58-36C1-42FB-8493-0D5C3D9247D8.jpeg

Why are there separate tents for Lock-Up/Pit and Festival Republic? I assumed it would be the same tent/stage but with a different sign outside, like they used to do with Lock-Up and Dance back in the day. Will the unused tent just sit empty for the other days?

14 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Why are there separate tents for Lock-Up/Pit and Festival Republic? I assumed it would be the same tent/stage but with a different sign outside, like they used to do with Lock-Up and Dance back in the day. Will the unused tent just sit empty for the other days?

Yea that seems pretty strange

15 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

One of the tents you're looking at will be 1extra or alternative stage. 

17 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

I think they are together unless i'm missing something, i just think where the FR was has been replaced by 1Xtra.

the seven stages on the map, are probably something like this:

1. MSE

2. MSW

3. Dance

4. 1Xtra

5. Pit/Lockup/FR

6. BBC Introducing

7. Alternative Tent

Edited by OnlyRevolutions
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

So could be something like - no.3 will be dance, no.4 joint lock up/pit/FR, no.5 alternative, no.6 BBC introducing & no.7 1extra

1 minute ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Can only see 7 being Alternative due to it being open when the rest of the arena closes, saves people walking back and forward between the empty tents

It’s traditionally the square one isn’t it?

Just now, Benj said:

It’s traditionally the square one isn’t it?

Yeah it is at Leeds at least, but would it make sense having the Alternative stage at the back of the arena when you can come and go to it when the arena is closed. Not sure where it is usually placed at Reading but it's right at the entrance at Leeds

15 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Yeah it is at Leeds at least, but would it make sense having the Alternative stage at the back of the arena when you can come and go to it when the arena is closed. Not sure where it is usually placed at Reading but it's right at the entrance at Leeds

There’s two entrances at Reading. It’s moved away from the Yellow one but much closer now to the green. 

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

HAIM have postponed their UK tour due to travel restrictions imposed by the CDC. Is there a chance that Post could be a late drop out?

If Post drops out, every other American band drops out. One of my mates said they has read something earlier about a new travel band between US and UK but I couldn’t find anything.